Accountancy Forum

Full Version: What is CFA and its whats is itsscope in Pakistan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to know that cfa is what type degree, its advantages, how to become cfa, who is going to offer a job to a cfa, do banks give them jobs?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rambo</i>
<br />I want to know that cfa is what type degree, its advantages ,how to become cfa, who is going to offer a job to a cfa, do banks give them jobs?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

CFA stands for the Chartered Financial Analyst. You can get the charter by passing three exams which are held in June every year with the level 1 held in Decemeber too. I have heard some rumours that Level 2 may also be held twice a year as soon as 2007. Besides passing these exams, which you have to do in turn, you also need to have at least 4 years of relevant experience that can be gained before, during or after passing these exams. You can sit exams in Pakistan and I think Lahore and Karachi both have centres.

CFA is mainly the education for portfolio managers or investment professionals working in research (equity) or asset management firms. CFAs are also working in banks.

The salary will depend on your experience and skills set. A fresh CFA (who by default will have four years of expereince) may earn any thing in Pakistan and I don't have statistics for this. However, what I have heard is that CFA who came from abroad are earning in excess of Rs 100k per month.

I hope it helps.

DT
what is equal of 100k in pakistani rupees or american dollars.please tell me that too.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rambo</i>
<br />what is equal of 100k in pakistani rupees or american dollars.please tell me that too.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

In my original email I assumed that the CFA was qualified from abroad and 100k was referred to as Pakistani rupees.

If you are a CFA and work in London or NYC, the salary would be alot more.