Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ECONOMY GROWING OR TAXES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I never believe that our economy is developing. I see it from practical side. My belief as a student of Commerce is that when the economy really develops its fruit prorate invariably passes on to each end user or stakeholder including citizens in the street. From our childhood we saw our father despite being from lower middle class always purchased fruit from the fruit shops for hygienic purpose. Today in our every day boosting economy and billions monthly coming in foreign investment he purchase it from same street vendors who he believed sold unhygienic food. A few cut pieces of tomato in a plate had always been a part of our lunch. Since years this has disappeared as we no more can afford this luxury as salad. Financial health and not the economy of a segment of society say approximately of 10% definitely is developing rapidly who are becoming rich to richer with each passing day. The economy is like fresh air which in extreme hot humid summer days when blows invariably reaches to all may it the Bungalow of a rich or the colltage of poor.

Yesterday I got some answer to this economic development if we can say it economic development. I work abroad as a clerk. I am on visit home. Yesterday I went to buy a ticket from Karachi to the foreign country I work. PIA one way ticket is Rs. 22,00 comprising Rs. 13,000 as fare and about Rs. 8500 as taxes eg foreign travel tax, sales tax etc . One may not believe that the return ticket from my country of residence to Karachi and Back is Rs. 19,000/- as there are no such taxes in that region, It instantly cleared my mind that half the financial health of the government treasury or of our economic development is due to a series of ever increasing Taxes and not due to any increase in manufacturing, exports etc.