Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Web-Based Accounting and Account Management Module
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm no accountant, but I tend to have to track these things when it comes to our company because we a still so small. The downside to this is that I don't know much about what I'm supposed to track, how to make it easier to use come the end of the year and those sorts of things. We also plan to release this module to the public sometime in the future when we've worked out our core and many other things that lead up to it. Because of that, I don't want to build a system around what I think I need and then have it be useless to anyone else out there.

So I'm looking for some people to help me understand what an accountant would want/need in a program and what I can do to make the system as easy to use as possible. What kind of things do they track? What things do you need come tax time? What else can I do to generally make life easier??? I'll use all this information to build a feature set and after that is developed, get some general feedback from the public about the usability of the various screens and functions available.

Those that contribute heavily to the project may be offered free products, pay, and other compensation for their time. Please post your feedback here (or if you prefer, you may contact me privately), should we need further clarification on something we may reply here or contact you privately.

<i><font size="1">This program is willing to encompass any of the following programming ideals or languages AJAX, JS, DHTML, PHP, XML, MySQL and CSS, with the possibility of a port to ASP/MSSQL after development is completed.</font id="size1"></i>