Accountancy Forum

Full Version: WHAT WORTH PIA FLIGHT INFORMATION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My unshakable belief is PIA is one of the best airlines despite some shortfalls. EU ban and things like this for me are all political. Since 24 years travel I have found PIA flight, its crew always accommodating and nice particularly to families traveling alone. However its ground activities particularly reservation etc have always been eye raising. Last October when I had to visit again and again PIA Saddar Reservation Office as there was no seat available, in the flight there was only 17 passengers. The PIA hdad office promised to enquire but as usual it never did.

Thursday 08th March my wife had to travel by PIA Karachi Bahrain PK 281. Departure time was 2000 hrs. She reached Karachi airport 1700 hrs. The flight left 2300 hrs. This flight is a shuttle flight. At the same time its departure from Bahrain for Karachi is 2200 hrs Bahrain time. Passengers there as usual reported three hours earlier. These passenger coming to Karachi also faced same same three and a half hour extra wait at Bahrain as my wife had at Karachi airport. PIA Karachi had our contact phone numbers likewise the Bahrain PIA had of its passengers. My question is why PIA did not inform its passengers if flight was late. This not only facilitate passengers but also reduces congessions at airport. During my 24 years travel with PIA I do not remember if I had ever received such an information, Once the flight from Karachi to Bahrain nire than 12 hours before cancelled due to technical reasons. I got this information through personal level but PIA never informed us. My daughter from Bahrain conveyed this information but PIA Karachi did not inform us. I took up the matter at legal level when PIA refunded the cost of telephone call Bahrain/Karachi which my daughter had to spend on giving us this information from there but sitting in Karachi we did not had.

sorry to say but PIA extermly needs to improve their service.. i traveled twice on PIA but that was really bad experince i ever had.. there was no water in it.. heaters were not working.. and ppl who works in karchi janah airport.. some of them were too rude and proudy...

afsoos ...

TO PIA directors
PLEASE IMPROVE UR SERVICE
Dears,

PIA.......................... What can I say???????

I had been so many times victim of its extra ordinary qualities. You know my uncle and brother at UK never travelled through PIA. They always preferred British Airways. At least up to Dubai.

Thanks God PIA has grounded its fokers. I once travelled in one of its fokers from Rawalpindi to Faisalabad. What a bad experience it was. You would be surprised to hear that so many cracks were apparently visible in its outer body. It was trembeling badly while taking flight. It was my bad experience and now I thank God that these 1964 made planes have been grounded after big loss of Multan's flight last year.

Have any one of you ever felt that none of the local PIA flights can get horizontal straightness /flatness while flying. Its front side always remain a little bit upper than its rear side in the air. This is never experienced in international flights. I cannot understand the technical reasons for it.

PIA certainly has to improve so much. From so much I mean to say so much.

Best regards,

Kamran.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />

Have any one of you ever felt that none of the local PIA flights can get horizontal straightness /flatness while flying. Its front side always remain a little bit upper than its rear side in the air. This is never experienced in international flights. I cannot understand the technical reasons for it.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Point very well made!!! This is ofcourse correct as per my experience too. I think you have caught the bull by the horns
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CBPian</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />

Point very well made!!! This is ofcourse correct as per my experience too. I think you have caught the bull by the horns

Not an expert on aviation but I have also experienced the same when flying on domentic flights in UK (using British Airways).
But my point is that why only it happens in local flights. I dint travel in BA's local flights but was talking about PIA.

I bet this never happens in International flights. I dont find a problem with elevation becoz in local flights of lahore to khi, khi to isb and khi to fsd etc the flight attains elevation of almost 34,000 feet that round about comes to 10 kilometers. This is not nominal.

Might some day some technical person throw light on it.

Regards,

Kamran.