Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Dilemma ! A F Ferguson or FRSH ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had an Interview with FRSH today and was selected , they have given me till monday to reply. Now here`s the interesting part , while in the elevator , on my way to FRSH i got a call from A F Ferguson for the second interview. The partner at FRSH asked me if i had applied anywhere else and i told him about the call. He showed me a powerpoint slide of FRSH`s client and reasons why i should choose FRSH , among them were easy access to partners and friendly working environment.

i need to decide before monday !!! i`m so confused. i hope you guys can help me with this.

btw , if i go to A F Ferguson and they put me in some section , say section c , will i only do banks or whatever that section specializes in for 3.5 years ?

thanks in advance !
errr... I think i posted this the wrong sub-forum , can the mods please move this ? )
Dear,

First of all you need to tell which city you are talking about? Because, AFF and FRSH have different partners having varying level of attitudes in different offices.

I, on the basis of my analysis, advise you to join in following preference

AT ISLAMABAD

1. AFF
2. THK
3. FRSH
4. M.YOUSAF ADIL
5. RIAZ AHMAD
6. Anjum Asim
7. Khalid Majeed

AT LAHORE

1. AFF
2. FRSH or RIAZ AHMAD (Both are equally good)
3. THK
4. ANJUM ASIM

AT KARACHI

1. AFF
2. THK
3. FRSH
4. M. YOUSAF ADIL

AT FAISALABAD

1. RIAZ AHMAD
2. M.YOUSAF ADIL

Hope you would be benfited from above info.

Best regards,

Kamran.
i`m in karachi , so i should go for AFF ? so the access to partners and working environment stuff mentioned by frsh was just baloney ?
Dear,

I dont exactly know what exactly the behaviour is at FRSH, KHI. It has very good big-profile clients like Pakistan Steel and KESC.

It might has good circumstances for the students. Still, the clientele and exposure at AFF is much bigger than anyone else.

What you should, in my opinion, do is just try to get into the audit department instead of tax department of AFF. Normally AFF takes the new entrants in its tax department and after an year transfers them to audit. More specifically this happens with students having greater attempts for CA Inter.

Audit gives greater exposure than tax. This is advisable to the guys who do not want to be a tax professional in this corrupt social set-up which has no remedy for correction.

If one is likely to be permanently placed in tax department of AFF, he should opt to join THK or FRSH for audit, in my opinion.

However, in Karachi THK is better than FRSH. FRSH partners have so many times been interrogated by SECP for alleged mis-conduct the reasons of which can be studied by getting such case details from SECP website www.secp.gov.pk through web surfing.

Notwithstanding the above, KPMG and Deloitte have been allegedly convicted of big social crimes worldwide. If some one has an objection he should go to www.wikipedia.com and search the words KPMG or Deloitte and he will get the details of such cases involving millions of USD.

However, to a new entrant these facts do not affect so much. In my view still, AFF is better than THK and THK is better than FRSH at Karachi.

Best Regards,

Kamran.
Thanks for your help , Kamran. I`ll go for AFF , everyone i`ve asked seems to think its the right thing to do. Any tips for the second interview ?
Dear,

I have posted a reply to the message of ZARAanwer on this sub-forum. Her message was captioned as "Interview season for CA articleship aspirants". You should review my reply to this message.

In my view, for interview. a candidate should be in a proper dress, he/she should not be wearing extremely precious jewllery items, watch or other suh articles but dress should be clean and appropriate for interview i.e. for a male it should be trouser shirt and necktie most preferablly of black and white color having a suitably mathing tie or a two pieace suit. Candidate should be accompanying a good file where his testimonials should be available along with CV even if these are already submitted. He should be accompanying some un-used white papers or pad for wrtiting alongwith a pen or pencil. He should not be over smart or shy. Both things are harmful for success. Shyness or confused face is not liked by professional firms likewise oversmart guys are also not entertained. Candidate must not argue with the interviewers on any issue and should behave in such a way that interviewers may feel thay the candidate appreciates the knowledge of the interviewers. Candidate should enter the room of a senior with his permission and sit on the chair after asking for permission to sit. He / she should not sit casually. His/her style should be of an alert person.
Candidate should be well prepared for interview. An overview of your last subjects helps succeeding interviews or tests. Candidate should show respect and grace for interviewers.

Reply questions upto your knowledge and do not mess up with the things.

Be confident while doing all the above stuff (not over confident).

Hope you will find these things workable.

Regards,

Kamran.
I actually read your post in that topic before my first interview at AFF ) damn , it was the first interview of me little life ! I guess i didnt mess up since i got a call for the second one.

You have been an immense help ! i wont bug you anymore , just one little question. What should i do if i dont know/have an answer for a question ?
Dear,

First of all try to know the maximum by revisiting your previous books.

Secondly, if you face a question for which you dont know the answer at that moment, dont try to be oversmart.

If you find that you can give some similar or approximate answer, you should try it. But before that you should tell the interviewer that you have forgotten and your memories recall so and so answer to the query which may not be the exact reply/solution.

If you feel that you dont know the answer at all, accept your defeat at once and say clearly that you do not know the answer.

Hope you will be among the students of AFF very soon.

God bless you.

Best regards,

Kamran.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />

I dont exactly know what exactly the behaviour is at FRSH, KHI. It has very good big-profile clients like Pakistan Steel and KESC.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

if i m not wrong AFF has just taken Pakistan Steel as its audit client and its in section A + the major factor due to which a very few students at Khi are preferring FRSH over KPMG(n may be AFF) is the secondments issue

and 1 thing more Kamran bhai gr8 contributions from UR side...Keep It Up....INfact I m visiting the forum after long time....Its v nice to see that people like U r now Also part of this forum...
B/W KAmran Bhai where R u working nowadays???

And as far as ranking is concerned @ Karachi...i exactly go by Ur side i.e AFF,then KPMG,then FRSH & then Delioette...
Dear,

I was engaged in some assignment at Pak Steel (PSMC) during its privatization process that was subsequently ceased due to court orders. For the year 2006, the auditors of Pakistan Steel were FRSH. I think this audit was with FRSH since many years and then was rotated to AFF and then again it was entrusted to FRSH as I have studies the reports of both of the auditors.

During my meeting with the Finance Director of PSMC (Mr. Khursheed Anwer) I asked him about the auditors and he was quite satisfied with FRSH. FRSH played good role in the development of system manuals for PSMC. Different SOPs have been drafted by FRSH in written form for PSMC. FRSH's consultancy wing was also involved in actuarial services for various retirement benefit schemes of PSMC employees. Nothwithstanding the fact that PSMC is a private limited company owned by the federal government directly or indirectly, its financial statements were drafted nicely. Disclosures and presentation were very good. Adequate provisions were created and prudence concept was used ideally attracting the trust of prospective investors during privatization phase. I appreciate FRSH. They also provided Compilation Services to PSMC for its half yearly accounts (31-12-2005) made up for investors. These accounts were also nicely drafted.

I do not know, if there is some recent change in the auditors of PSMC. However, during our management discussions, I felt them more satisfied with FRSH instead of AFF.

Thank you for your compliments. I dont feel that my contribution is so good for this forum. However, I like to resolve the issues of CA community which we faced. Further, I place on record that qualified people their-self get so much while discussing various matters with students because, students' knowldge appears to be fresh in so many facets due to their continuous engagement in studies. I myself learn so much from you people.

I am at Faisalabad. Do not ask, where I am working, Please.

Best regards,

Kamran.

I dont
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Dear,

I was engaged in some assignment at Pak Steel (PSMC) during its privatization process that was subsequently ceased due to court orders. For the year 2006, the auditors of Pakistan Steel were FRSH. I think this audit was with FRSH since many years and then was rotated to AFF and then again it was entrusted to FRSH as I have studies the reports of both of the auditors.

During my meeting with the Finance Director of PSMC (Mr. Khursheed Anwer) I asked him about the auditors and he was quite satisfied with FRSH. FRSH played good role in the development of system manuals for PSMC. Different SOPs have been drafted by FRSH in written form for PSMC. FRSH's consultancy wing was also involved in actuarial services for various retirement benefit schemes of PSMC employees. Nothwithstanding the fact that PSMC is a private limited company owned by the federal government directly or indirectly, its financial statements were drafted nicely. Disclosures and presentation were very good. Adequate provisions were created and prudence concept was used ideally attracting the trust of prospective investors during privatization phase. I appreciate FRSH. They also provided Compilation Services to PSMC for its half yearly accounts (31-12-2005) made up for investors. These accounts were also nicely drafted.

I do not know, if there is some recent change in the auditors of PSMC. However, during our management discussions, I felt them more satisfied with FRSH instead of AFF.

Thank you for your compliments. I dont feel that my contribution is so good for this forum. However, I like to resolve the issues of CA community which we faced. Further, I place on record that qualified people their-self get so much while discussing various matters with students because, students' knowldge appears to be fresh in so many facets due to their continuous engagement in studies. I myself learn so much from you people.

I am at Faisalabad. Do not ask, where I am working, Please.

Best regards,

Kamran.

I dont
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thx ....Itz Ok if u dun wanna disclose..

Why ? are you an indian agent or something ? oooh touche !

"I dont feel that my contribution is so good for this forum."

what !? cmon man , youre replies are the best ! you dont know how helpful you are. ) I hope you keep helping us , dont stop posting !