Accountancy Forum

Full Version: A newbie question regarding articles, jobs....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there!!

I am relatively new to this qualification and thus, i have lots of questions, but i will take my time asking em, so i actually get replies! -)

Now i understand that you need 3 yrs experience in the related field in order to be able to use the ACCA initials, that ofcourse, after passing all the 14 exams.

What i am trying to ask is, after passing all these 14 exams, is it possible to get a NOT SO LOW paying jobs like they ppl do at firms when doing their articles?

Are we simply not eligible to get a decent paying job/ a good position after having passed all these exams?

And how about after completion for say, 2 parts of ACCA?

any input guys?

thanks in advance! ;-)

You can get a decent job after qualifying ACCA. You have mentioned that firms pay low and the reason for this is you are doing articleship experience with the firm for appearing in CA exams and they pay you stipend not salary.
Even if you associate yourself with the firm as an employee then too your salary will be lower than what you would get in industry because the professional firms have low payscales but their is more learning experience in the firms.
Thanks alot both of you guys for your prompt response!!

I myself do not plan on doing C.A after ACCA, so after alotta reading on debates n discussion on this forum, and information from sources, ive decided i will try my best to join the big 4 after completion of part two and spend like an year / year an a half and then join industry Inshallah. That seems to be the ideal scenario in my case.

thanks again for ur input guys

other members keep more replies coming!

One point to be made clear, the experience of three years is not compulsarily to be obtained after qualifying all 14 papers. You can get that experience alongwith your papers, and, if I am not mistaken even before you register with ACCA
hey schueb thanks for hte response, yes i am aware you can get your practical training before, during or after the qualification. Thats why i am plannign to join a firm right after part 2.