Accountancy Forum

Full Version: private channels black out in Sind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Private TV channels telecast was blocked in some areas
KARACHI In some parts of country including Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkar, Mirpur Khas and Nawabshah, Geo News telecast has been blocked.

Some circles claimed that MQM bade the cable operators to shut down the telecast. The cable operators were allegedly asked to keep the telecast closed down until the chief justice rally came to an end.

MQM leader Haider Abbas Rizwi denied the shutting down of telecast by MQM. Meantime, some political leaders including Mian Nawaz Sharif condemned the blockage of the telecast.

In a statement issued by former Prime Minister Mian Nawaz Sharif, he said that impeding private channels telecast is an attack on the press freedom.

Tehreek-e-Insaaf Chief Imran Khan condemned the blockading of private TV’s telecast in Sindh. ARD and Pakistan Muslim League (N) leaders including Iqbal Zafar Jhagra, Pir Sabir Shah, Mehtab Ahmed Khan said the truth cannot be stopped from being seen by shutting down private TV’s transmission.

NWFP Information Minister Asif Iqbal Daudzai condemned the blocking the relaying private TV channels and held it a blow to press freedom.

Jamiat Ulema-e-Pakistan (JUP) Chief Maulana Anas Noorani also termed the impeding of private channels transmission as ‘an attack on press freedom’. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
And you know what... it only happened in mutahida dominated cities in sindh... way to go!! can never stop showing their true face!!!
[D][D][D]
Whats happening in karachi. ... So they have shown again their true face... how long this city and province will continue to be a hostage to the politics of fear and weapons... its a time to think about why this city continues to support this party...
... it is a matter of fact that CJ's procession in Lahore was totally peaceful however the only difference is that all parties were there except for our beloved party as they have no material support in that city or province
... I will leave it upto you to form your judgement..
...shame on the politics of fear [(!][(!][(!]
Well MQM has changed platforms from Muhajir to Mutihida and they have done it with successs and they have had the benefit of this in the bye elctions. The recent behaviour, I hope is a one off isolated event. MQM is now saying that they did it after Army/Government encouraged them to do so. Army must remember that MQM is sucessfully trying to reach out to the whole country and if they were to be driven back to their original theme of being a Muhajir movement, we risk another Bangladesh.

CJ sindh high court summoned Core commander Karachi, but the marda momen was busy and could not be bothered to even sent a reply. It reminds of the final days of East Pakistan when Gen. Naizi went to Governer only 18 hours before Ceasefire and even that was at the request of acting Governer Maalik. When Maalik asked Gen. Naizi about reports that indian army is to reach Dhaka in 24 hours, he replied by putting his both hands on his face and cried like a child and spoke no words. That was the point Governer advised the Gen. to sent a message to Karachi asking for ceasefire (defeat). I have not forgotten that but our Vice COAS has advised us to forget the past. Would he be kind enought then to explain that if past is to be forgotten why did we have wars in the back door of Europe (former Yogosulvia)

When Aaaj was being attached and they called for protection, rangers replied we cant get to you as all roads are closed. Now, I know that if we were to rely on rangers to defend the country we have to lay out red carpets. No wonder the beds in President house is much more comfortable than the barricks and now they got used to it.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Goodman</i>
<br /> The recent behaviour, I hope is a one off isolated event. MQM is now saying that they did it after Army/Government encouraged them to do so. Army must remember that MQM is sucessfully trying to reach out to the whole country and if they were to be driven back to their original theme of being a Muhajir movement, we risk another Bangladesh.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

There is no denying the fact that men in boots have done more damage to this country than politicians and others.... But how can you condone this act as "one off"... where is the humanity... those who died...tell their families it was "one off" - the edhi ambulance driver who was shot dead alongwith the injured person he was carrying...what was his fault... for how long are we going to condone these acts... for how long are we going to justify gun culture... how thick is this skin..,, this is so shameful.. I presume none of your loved one was caught in this massacre.. thankfully none of mine... but what would be your response if you were directly affected... i am sick and tired of people talking of bangladesh..... Karachi is Pakistan and Pakistan is Karachi... fullstop. ..enough with the politics of fear... enough!!!
Men in boots are going to reap the fruits they have sown so will the men with so called mandate of fear....
.. Anyway.. on a lighter note.. it is a very homogenous alliance.. Alliance of those who do not believe in the sanctity of life..[D][D][D]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I presume none of your loved one was caught in this massacre.. thankfully none of mine... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You will be surprised to know that all of them caught were not only my loved ones but were directly related to me. In this difficult time my prayers are for them and for the country.
Dears,

MQM guys are also our brothers. Do we have doubts over it. They are also Pakistanies. I have not seen such killings by them with my eye. But from the outlook of the circumstances I can feel that so much has been done by their hands and such hands have been used by General Musharraf. Fear should not be cultivated, otherwise one has to harvest it one day. You will never get the crop of rice if you sow the seed of wheat.

And at the end, we if are muslims, we should have a belief over judgment day. On judgement day our judge would not be Altaf Hussain or Musharraf. The judge of judgement day knows every thing and he will not require witnesses and proofs and he will not prolong the case by putting various dates for next hearings. Every thing will be decided in a go and there is a point of no returns. Why we dont feel the hot flames surrounding us very nearly? Why we cannot feel how would it be like to sleep in our graves? Do we understand that there would be some politics of fear as well and gunmen will be with us to save us or do whatever we will order them.

Do we have doubts over this judgement day. You must know that it has been written in our fates, we have to face it, infact this has happened, this has been faced, this has been decided, this is a LAMHA-E-MAUJOOD. We only have to see its tape on the player of our fates. Our decision is not very far from us. We should seek forgiveness of ALLAH.

Recaling BanglaDesh has nothing to do with the country in existence, but one should know that every one of our politicians like it to happen again and again. Every one wished to get a Bangladesh where he can settle down and setup his own government and where he/she should be the KING. They forget that the pioneers of Bangladesh did not get their share of GOVT for which they did all the drama. They are still longing for it. They have been pushed to the corner and this always happens. One who is not faithful will never get faithfuls.

I like the act of Changez Khan when i study the history. He folded the muslim kaliph in blankets and killed him by strucking his body with sticks. One asked him why he folded him in blankets. Changez Khan replied the dirty blood of an unfaithful leader should not touch the land of his country.

Dirty blood should be cleaned up. We cannot clean it with force. This could be cleaned up only by revolution of our own thoughts.

This is a time of thinking by the individuals. Otherwise time is not very far when no body in the world will even call our names and remember us in good words.

Best regards,

Kamran.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Imran Khan banned from entering Sindh
KARACHI Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chief Imran Khan has been banned from entering Sindh Province for one month.

A notification to the effect has been dispatched to police and rangers officials and other security agencies.

Sindh home department issued the notification late Saturday night with the signature of Home department Section Officier Shafiud Din on it.

Talking to Geo News, CCPO Karachi Azhar Farooqi confirmed the issuance of notification, saying that airport police stations have been directed to not let Imran Khan enter the metropolis in case he flies into the city tomorrow (Sunday).<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Another fascist move by a fascist party !!! these guys are so predictable...

It is surprising they are now even fearful of Imran who has only one seat in parliament and has supporters only in hundreds..
.... Just heard they are planning a smear campaign against him 'uncovering his immoral activities' in the past... very interesting indeed... Arent they liberals.. Come on.. liquer and women isn't a crime per Peer Sahib [D] Have they joined mullah alliance [D][D][D]
Whatever Imran did in the past... atleast he did not go about rampaging in the streets of a city killing innocent people...not to talk of the 'bhatta culture' and other niceties... [D][D]
... Definitely these guys cannot make Karachiites fool anymore [)][)][)]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Civil rights campaigner missing in Karachi
By Our Staff Reporter

KARACHI, June 7 A civil rights campaigner has been missing since Wednesday afternoon. Syed Mohammed Iqbal Kazmi, who recently filed petitions on the May 12 mayhem in Karachi and the new Pemra ordinance, went missing after he dropped his 12-year-old son at the house of his mother-in-law in Gulistan-i-Jauhar.

His wife, Sadia, told Dawn that her husband left their Korangi house at around 3pm in his car to drop their eldest son at the house of her mother. “I called him at around 430pm on his cellphone and he told me that he was on way back home.”

She said that since that time she had not heard from him.

She said her husband had received two threatening phone calls. “He (Mr Kazmi) told me that someone had called him twice to tell him that ‘jo quaid ka ghaddar hai wo maut ka haqdar hai’”.

Mrs Kazmi said “I don’t know if my husband has been kidnapped. I don’t know the names of his abductors. They could be the people who have been made respondents in the petitions,” she said, adding that intelligence agencies could also be involved in the mysterious disappearance.

Town Police Officer of Korangi, Farrukh Bashir, said Mrs Kazmi had reported that her husband had been missing since he left the house of her mother on Wednesday. “Two constables have been deputed at the house of the missing man for security of his family,” he added.

Naheed Afzal, a noted lawyer belonging to Tehrik-i-Insaf, told Dawn that Iqbal Kazmi had made federal Interior Secretary Syed Kamal Shah, MQM chief Altaf Hussain, Sindh CM’s adviser on home affairs Waseem Akhtar, Chief Secretary Shakeel Durrani, Home Secretary Ghulam M. Muhatram
Source Dawn

Well they continue to NOT SURPRISE us....
I pray for good riddance of politics of fear.
So who did what and what happened .. and why a peaceful solution could not be found...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The government on Monday agreed to allow ‘safe passage’ to Maulana Abdul Rashid Ghazi and his family to end the eight-day standoff. In a late-night decision, President Gen Pervez Musharraf was reported to have asked the ulema committee and PML president Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain to offer safe passage to the cleric, who is holding hundreds of students hostage in the mosque-madressah complex.

It is expected that Abdul Rashid Ghazi and his elder brother Maulana Abdul Aziz, who was arrested while trying to escape wearing a burqa, will be sent to their ancestral village Rojan in Rajanpur district along with their families.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">President Gen Pervez Musharraf on Monday convened a meeting and directed the authorities concerned to strive for a ‘peaceful solution’ to save the lives of hundreds of students in the mosque.

Source Dawn July 10 (http//www.dawn.com/2007/07/10/top1.htm)

But then........................something happened

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Asia Times Online contacts claim that the situation was complicated by the sudden appearance of a delegation of members of Parliament belonging to the government's coalition partners, the Muttahida Quami Movement. They are believed to have met with a US official at his official residence, after which the situation changed within an hour. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">A last-minute intervention by Pakistani President General Pervez Musharraf ended nine hours of negotiations seeking a peaceful end to the siege of the radical Lal Masjid (Red Mosque) in Islamabad.

Apparently saying he was "heavily under duress from his allies", the president in the early hours of Tuesday instead ordered in the military to end the seven-day saga. Unconfirmed reports even say that Musharraf personally led the assault, along with Corps Commander Rawalpindi Lieutenant-General Tariq Majid. The media were barred from the mosque's immediate vicinity. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Source Asia Times July 11 (http//www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/IG11Df03.html)

12 May 2007 a dark day of karachi history. What happened no one can denny reallity. MQM is now said to be Musharaf Qumi Movement. It has been seen in past that no one has courage to say something against this Bhatta Federation but due to freedom of choice and freedom of media now every one is aware about the reallity. Basically the problem is a layman cannot argue against such terrorist movements or government having fear of self safety. But he should atleast favour the opinion of those bold persons just like Imran Khan. Though there are certain questions regarding his character but atleast in this case he is absolutly right.
I Pray Allah To Give Us True Government Which Apply Only Islamic Laws In Pakistan.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">KARACHI, Aug 13 The Supreme Court on Monday <b>dismissed as withdrawn</b> a petition for appeal against the acquittal of 18 MQM leaders and activists by the Sindh High Court in the Major Kalim case.

Another criminal petition for leave to appeal against the 1998 SHC judgment moved by complainant Maj Kalimuddin himself, which mentioned Muttahida Qaumi Movement leader Altaf Hussain as a respondent, <b>was dismissed for non-prosecution as neither the petitioner nor his counsel was present.</b>

The petitions came up before a three-member SC bench comprising Justices Mohammad Nawaz Abbasi, Hamid Ali Mirza and Ghulam Rabbani. Officiating Advocate-General Masood A. Noorani and Additional Advocate-General Dr Qazi Khalid Ali appeared for the prosecution and requested the withdrawal of the state appeal. The request was allowed and the petition dismissed.

The 18 respondents in the state appeal were Dr Imran Farooq, Saleemul Haq alias Saleem Shahzad, Muhammad Ashfaque Chief, Dr Safdar Baqari, Javed Kazmi, Haji Jalal Khan, Rehan Zaidi, Asghar Chacha, Sajid Azad, Arshad Naeem, Ashraf Zaidi, Ismail Qureshi alias Sitara, Aftab Ahmed Sabziwala, Ayub Shah Medical Storewala, Yusuf Bakerywala, Nadeem Ayubi, Sarfaraz and Ikram. Maj Kalim’s petition mentioned Mr Hussain’s name also.

<b>The prosecution case, briefly stated, was that intelligence officer Maj Kalim went to Landhi in a jeep at 9.20pm on June 20, 1991, along with his three subordinates on a fact-finding mission. They picked up Abdul Rashid to guide them but a group of 15 to 20 armed boys surrounded their jeep and forced them to come out despite disclosure of their identity. They beat them up and took them to a building known as ‘white house’, where the major and his subordinates were disarmed, tortured and given electric shocks. The police arrived at the scene and got them freed.</b>

A special court for suppression of terrorist activities convicted Ashfaque Chief, Javed Kazmi and Haji Jalal in 1994 and sentenced them to a total of 30 years’ rigorous imprisonment and a fine of Rs20,000 each under various sections of the Pakistan Penal Code and the Enforcement of Hudood Ordinance. All other accused, including Altaf Hussain, were declared absconders and sentenced to 27 years jail and a fine of Rs30,000 each in absentia.

The convicts challenged their conviction and sentences before the Sindh High Court. The appeal was heard by a division bench, which found the case as one ‘of almost no legal evidence’. Relying on the provisions of the Suppression of Terrorist Activities Act, 1976, the bench upheld trial in absentia and also the right of the absentee accused to file an appeal. Dealing with evidence, the bench observed that the eye-witnesses’ account did not inspire confidence. The evidence of the complainant was, in particular, full of contradictions.

The complainant, the bench noted, went to the extent of disowning his FIR in material respects to justify his ‘afterthoughts’. He could have complained against the SHO concerned or moved a direct complaint if he was not satisfied with the FIR.

In his deposition before the trial court, the complainant introduced an entirely different case to implicate the appellants in order to bring it into conformity with the supplementary challan submitted in February 1993.

Certain names had been included in the statement because they were mentioned by the main accused in their conversation. It was difficult for the bench to believe that a group of 15 or 20 boys could disarm four trained soldiers or that the SHO, after getting the victims freed, did not arrest their tormentors. Consequentially, all the accused were acquitted and three convicts who were serving terms were ordered released.

The appeals against the judgment were disposed of on Monday.
So courts are free....... my foot
This thing did happen.... if these guys didn't do it then who did it... who tortured those fauji chaps.. it was all in the news at that time.... what a farce!!!
This is my last post on this topic
..... finally I have found what these guys who rule Karachi with politics of fear are upto.
See this petition from this chap who is definitely a peer ka mureed.
http://http//www.petitiononline.com/PAK47/petition.html

See his book also on Amazon
http://http//www.amazon.com/dp/059541766...d_i=507846

Would you still vote for these people???

..... every vote given to them is a vote for terror / murder / anarchy.

So help them / support them / vote for them and be one of them!!!

The decision is up to you -

God bless this country and instil some sense in its people.