Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Got refers.. pls guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AOA all,
i wanted to know about the time when i were to go into articleship..
i will be giving one of B's paper for the third time and have got 2 referrals in C..
Could anybody tell me that how badly is it going to effect my future.
And can i do anything now in the 2 months to somehow reduce its effect .. like internship (though i dont think i ll be accepted anywhere for the lack of educational background) or take a course or something...
Please help me
Thanks
No doubt attempting papers of same module will diminish your chances to get in the Big4s but the bright future prospects are still waiting for you. Try to revamp your strategy for upcoming exams. You have been appeared in Mod B paper for three times, think why it so? You might following streotype approach towards exams, as examiner's expectations are becoming high and high.

Regards
Rabia,

First of all, I consider it appropriate to advise that do not think that life ends if big4 are not opted. It is very very gud if one gets training from big4 but its not the all which life has to offer to you students. Dont much bother for it at this stage.

Get help from other students who have passed these papers and always try to grasp the concept first of all.

Once you would be CA Inter, you will have so many chances in your life. I know a guy who took almost 9 or 10 attempts in CA inter (when it was of two parts only i.e. FE1 and FE2) and then he qualified module E and F in total 3 attempts i.e. E in first and F in two.

Hard working never goes wasted. Believe u me.

Best regards,

Kamran.
Agreeing with the above posts, I would just like to add things like internship of two months will not prove beneficial and they are not gonna dammage done. However, by focusing on your studies you can avoid more damage
AoA.
Thank you all for the opinions and advices[)]
Hopefully will clear all the papers in this attempt.
Thanks again.
And, failing in the examinations is a common phenomena in our field. As one of my teacher used to say if one fails in ICAP examination this is pretty normal, but if one manages to pass somehow this is something abnormal
Some of my friends managed to go to final stages with out experiencing failure. Poor fellows what an experience the haven't got.

But, at the same time, I do pray may Allah protect them and us all from experiencing this thrilling failure
If you pass D in Spring 08 attempt, how come your articles will finish in August 09? It will be somewhere in the end of 2011.

Module E paper could be taken after completion of 1.5 years (for students who start articles after intermediate)

In five years articles Module E exams are taken after 36 months after registration date or 18 months after passing D

The students who start articles on the basis of Master Degree (4 year articles) the will appear in Module after a period of 2.5 years.

Module F in all cases is to be taken in last years of ones articles.

I don't find any reason for such rules made by ICAP. They just seem to provide the firms a safeguard against paying extra stipend.
EXTRA STIPEND!!!

Keeping in view the passing ratio in finalz, I do not agree to this statement.

I think it might has something to do with practical trainning exposure. Module E and F are much supported by a good training and working oppurtunities, in my view.

Regards,
We study Auditing, Accounting, Company Law, Income Tax and other subjects during Inter. Don't these subjects require practical training exposure??

I guess practical exposure may count towards building good concept, however, never is a mandatory requirement.

Okay we leave it and try to grasp the subject with a more objective frame of mind.

A CA Inter (in 4 years articles, now 3.5 years) is allowed to appear in module E after 1.5 years, whereas one who is going for 5 year articles is allowed after 3 years. It defeats all my logics how a in the later case a student gets the pre-requisite professional exposure in twice the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its quit possible
First of all you do nothing in CA Inter if you compare it with E and F. Inter is in fact an introduction to all concepts whereas E and F provide you a real picture and require much more professional exposure. You cant get through in E and F simply by reading notes as you do in Inter. This requires lots of research based study and you have to look into lots of books and practical knowldge as well. This is what I felt during my studies.

Further, as said by Imran. There could be really a difference between graduates and CA Inter. If you have never been a graduate before doing Inter, you cannot understand it. I did B Com before CA and I know Inter is far conceptual than B Com. It is just like the difference that exists in Inter and Finals.

Regards,
Further, graduates also have to qualify inter during that 5 years period. This might be another reason.

Regards,