Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Surviving Marks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI
Can anyone possiblly tell me about the passing marks in CA.. like i m in mod-A... and im a bit worried about the required marks cause no one cud clear this confusion that exactly how much marks we needed... 50,60,70 and 80%....
Humray sir nay tu kaha hai K
" YOU WILL HV TO ACHIEVE MAXIMUM IF U WANT TO SURVIVE"
so plz tell me wats the logic[?]
waiting here for ur kind suggestions......
The passing marks as declared by the Institute are 50. However, majority is of the opinion that the Institute does not stick to a fixed criteria, and passing marks vary from paper to paper. In my personal view at most of the occasions it is less than 50. At the same time its not very easy to gain the minimum passing marks even if they are somewhere under 50.

What your teacher suggested may be a good guide, you should try to achieve the maximum with out looking at what the passing criteria of the Institute is.

Passing a paper depends more upon how you take the paper than the amount of hard work you put for passing.
Dear Accountant 2!The passing marks are 50 in each paper but you have to obtain an overall aggregate of 60%. That's why your teacher had asked you to achive maximum marks so that in case you have not done much well, the "maximum" of the other paper will make it for you n' you may easily acheive an aggregate of 60%.
Hope that helps........
Astute I never agree that an aggregate of 60% is required in addition to 50% per subject to pass the whole module. Had it been the case passing percentage would have been much more less
Dear Schuaeb Bhai, if I'm not mistaken this is what, I had read in the Icap's Course Booklet. But anyway, I'll check it out once again. OK?
You r right Astute, what u r saying is correct literally; but the real situation is what Schuaeb is saying. thats one of the reasons that we r never told about our marks (just the grades). I hope u understand it all now.