Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Book By Dr. Aysha Siddiqa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If anybody want to read book by Dr. Aysha Siddiqa, follow the link given below?

Regards.
The website is not working ? is there another one ?
Please provide another link, this one is not working.
The name of this book is "Military Inc." in this book she highlighted te economic activities of Pakistan Army ....In this book she(Ayesha) highlighted the point that the leadership of all Forces of Pakistan is unable to run the whole military and military related charitable organisationa but the well known military leaders condemn the facts and figures and decleared them false at all which she used in more than 250 places in this book.....

The most interesting fact is that she lot of time visited India, UK and America and she there openly criticised Pakistan Military Forces...

Ayesha was Removed officer of Pakistan Navey and she was removed due to curroption charges from Navey...

In this book she really creticised our Army badly the words she used for our Army were so harsh and the facts and figures she used in this book were all vague and self made....

In this book she also throw mud on the charitable organisations of pakistan like Fuji Foudation, Army Welfare Trust.....

A Brief over view if Fuji Foundation is that it was made to help Shuhada of pakistan forces, Retiered milatry men....Fuji Foundation has 294 Projects and over 10,000,000 people are having benefites from this Fuji Foudation...for further information about this organisation is that it is the biggest tax payer organisation in pakistan......

Army Welfare trust was developed in 1971 with 700,000 Rupees and now its assets are of over Rupees 52,000,000,000.....in this project over 5500 Civilians are working this is also another high tax payer organisation with over Rupees 3,000,000,000 as its tax amount....

NLC and FWO are also well known military organisations....

Conclusion is that in this book "Military Inc." she tryed to criticise Pakistan Military Forces....
Dears,

The most corrupt institution in Pakistan, as per my view, is army. The most cursed institution should also be the army. There are thousands of reasons. We have so many examples of the dirtiest characters who were the leaders of this army.

The war of 1965 is claimed to be won by us. I dont agree with this statement. And if by any means, it was so, then who surrendered on the table while various issues were being finalized after 1965 war. It was Ayub Khan's government and he was no doubt from army.

1971 war is not so distanced in the history. Whatever the circumstances were, the persons who surrendered were army men like Gen. A.K. Niazi and in government, there was greatest influence of people like Gen. Yahya Khan. It might not be known to every one that when Gen. A.K.Niazi surrendered Dhaka, the indian Gen. Arora Singh slapped him while taking his badges off from his shirt. It was a slap to every pakistani, if we feel. And who caused it to happen, generals and army.

Now coming to latest burning issue between two opponents, "KARGUL"..... We claim that we won this war.....while indians believe that they have crushed our army at KARGUL and caused it to get back. I never believe that some politician might have been so strong against Generals that he could have taken a big decision without their consent. The total shame at KARGUL was caused by army. They even sent troops at KARGUL and left backing up / supprting to them.

Our army has always been a slave to USA governments. Either it has been AFGHAN jehad or Iraq war or war against terror.

There is nothing to feel proud of, for this PAK ARMY.

They could have never succeeded saving the name of Pakistan. They have always been found of getting into power to govern the country. They were not equired to do so. They were supposed to save borders. Has it ever been their responsibility to govern the country? No. Then why they have been doing so since ages. Reply comes, that politicians always failed to play their roles. My question at this point is only, have ever army succeeded in playing its role, either

- in government; or
- on borders

In my view, irrespective of whatever policies one adopts, any army man who affects the constitution, should be punished with the punishments specified for rebels.

I just wonder how people praise this army. There would be rarely 1% honest men in the top management of Pakistan army. They had the power to resolve the issues and to remove dishonesty, they had sticks and guns for doing so and they claim that they know better how to use such things. Then why they could never succeed reducing bribes and dishonesty from any department in spite of their decades of being in government. Just becoz they are the most corrupt in all available inventory.

I dont have any doubt over it. If some one has, I dont get into debate with him.

Best regards,
I, too, am curious to find out what is in ARMY INC., although I do have any idea that this book will revealing some major corruptions, scams, holding of property and other ill done by our precious army. I will commend the writer as publishing such material (inventing the new phrase milbus; military business) is an audacious step.

Kamran, especially after this govt, their are not much people left who have got some admiration for army, rather many people do not want their sons to go for ISSB, which has traditionally been amongst most precious things.

The most corrupt institution in Pakistan, as per my view, is army. The most cursed institution should also be the army. I wont find these line very much justified, as anyone who had been in power whether an army man or a civillian had been an equal culprit. Our political leadership and army are at par in higher level corruption.

Everyone has his perception or view about history, and they can not be proved but I think Kamran has gone one step further in accusing army for the misdoings in our history.

The interesting thing about 1965 war is that it was us Pakistanis who initiated the war. However, the valour of our men in uniform especially at chavinda operation is really a matter of honor for us all. We never won the battle as we yield to international pressure for an armistice. However, I don't think it was the role of army, instead it was a political move, may be the need of the hour. I can't conclude as I am quite unaware of the details.

Gen Niazi was embarrased by Gen Arrora in 1971, infact whole of the nation was humiliated by the Indians. I still can't prove, but am pretty sure that Bhutto was the main culprit then.

I wonder how we can put a demarcation between army and civilians (agreed that the main exponent for this division are from army). I mean there are 6 to 7 hundred thousand people in military, and many from the general masses, so how can we accuse all of them for being most corrupt. I chose chartered accountancy as my profession, had I chosen army, this simple decision would have eliminated my name from innocent civillians and put it amongst the most corrupt millitary??

I think that the present views of the genral public about the army are not in very much national interest. As we have to inevitably depend upon them for defence. However, at the same time, the positive thing is that the millitary corruption has been brought in maximum lime light, so may be it will be helpful in improving things in the future. Lets hope for the best
Dear Schuaeb

KamranACA has used the correct words 4 our beloved army. Am I safe to assume that you dont have much exposure to the army. let me tell you KamranACA is correct.

I suggest you read the book, one can buy it on www.amazon.com.

for you happy reading let me tell you a very recent incident. Our beloved army was deployed in congu in 2005. By the end of year they were trading (diamonds and gold)4 arms with two warlords. They were sent to disarm them. Names of army officer could be found from UN report and BBC investigative report.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Our beloved army was deployed in congu in 2005. By the end of year they were trading (diamonds and gold)4 arms with two warlords<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Goodman only because of few people you have no right to disgrace our army....i don't believe in any UN or BBC Reports because they always try to disgrace our army....and who don't know about the clean character of our army in different areas....

For KamranACA and Shoaib.....i only say that this is not very much fruitfull to disgrace our army(Whole)...only because of deeds of very few people....

KamranACA also stated that only 1% of top management of our army are honest...this is simply exaggeration......there are lot of people who are very honest....and i know many people of army and other forces who are in top management(Brigadier, Major General, Air Marshal, Commodore) who are also very honest.....contrary to it yes there are lot of people who are full curropted having lot of cars and servents and also i want to share a quote of news here i recently read this in news paper Daily Islam(15-06-2007).....<b><font color="red">"PML(N)'s Khawja Asif raised the letter of one Army Officer in National Assembly and stating that i can't read this letter!!!! i recieved this from some reliable sources that a Major General is having 13 CARS and 53 SERVENTS"</b></font id="red">......people like this Major General , like Musharraf, like Yahya, like Ayub are and were also the part of our army....and people like Major Raja Aziz Bhatti Shaheed(Rahim Ullah), Captain Raja Muhammad Sarwar Shaheed(Rahim Ullah), Major Tufail Muhammad Shaheed(Rahim Ullah), Rashid Minhas Shaheed(Rahim Ullah),Major Akram Shaheed(Rahim Ullah), Major Shabbir Sharief Shaheed(Rahim Ullah), Lance Naik Mehfooz Shaheed(Rahim Ullah),Sarwar Hussain Shaheed(Rahim Ullah).... were also our very very respectful part of our army.....

I only want to say that A Sample must be representative of whole population and Mr KamranACA(Who is probably an audit supervisor) must well known to this fact.....

Dear Amir,

Your favor to this army is not unjustifiable. Afterall you are a Pakistani whose force is this army and no body easily digest citicising its own force. I have been a big admirer of this army until the time when I studied the history of defeats faced by this army and specially when I worked in close co-ordination with them for almost three years for some national level assignment and I concluded whatever I have written.

It's good if some body has not revealed the illdoings of army of Pakistan. Off course it is uite painful.

I just refer to your above post. I said that there might be 1 % only who would be honest in the leaders of this army. Am I wrong? I dont feel so. Further, this army is so much found of getting into governance, one canot even believe. I was working at some organization that was handed over to army due to severe problems for rescue. There, I saw so many soldiers and officers who were working on various issues (the major issue was to find out blackmailing material about others). I was doing investigative task at that organization and these army men oftenly contacted my team to disclose them our findings which were not at all to be disclosed to them, and we never did. This thing I mentioned only by the way. The army people were having their own arrangements and were never welcomed in guest houses and other specific facilities of that organization. They were not even seen at there. Meanwhile, in those days, Musharraf took over the government. Exactly on that very day we witnessed that the poor soldiers (who were not even supposed to enter the guest houses) were sitting at the dining table of the OFFICERS' mess like if they were the owners of that organization. I asked one of those men that what made them to do it. He replied, now it is our government and we will do whatever we would like. My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

However, soon after hearing that it was not going to be a pure martial law they again went back into their tents/quarters.

I wonder how much this wish has panetrated from top to the roots. I wonder if it is the main resposnibility of this army. If it is not its responsibility, then why they are so much found of doing it. Every one knows the reasons.

Now Musharraf is very much used to give public messages to choose bala bala political party in elections. He even leaves orders for the leaders and workers of that party as if he were the main leader/chairperson of that party. He is a government employee. How can he do it? How can he get into political positions and roles? He has written a book disclosing so many facts while he is in government job. What a joke is it? This is a destroyed country. No one can ask what is being happening? And the main destroyers of this country are not the politicians, these have always been the army men.

Whenever army snatchs the government from political leaders, it states that there was threat to interior security of the country which caused them to do so.

I in reply to Mr. Shoiab argue, that if this is army's prerogative to declare the interior security issue as and when they need, and if the Bhutto was the main culprit in 1971's issue, then why not at that time army realised the issue of interior security? Why? I know the answer. Becoz at that time it was really a challenge to control the circumstances and our great army never has courage to control the real problems when they emerge. They can only get into government when all issues are settled and when there appears no big challenge. If some one doubts, he can see the history and timings whenever army stepped into government.

Shoaib said, that whether the decision of joining army can make him dishonest? I dont really know but some departments have their picture in the eyes of the public. If some one is in police, he could be very much honest, but just knowing about some one to be in police, creates so much doubts about him and there always emerges some general opinion. Same is the thing with army now a days. A very noble person if (due to wahetevr circumstances) seen at brothel cannot make him sinful, but can cause a great deal of disrepute for him.

My friend also commented that my view that army is the most corrupt instition is not justified as politicians are more/equal dishonest than/to army. I just invite his attention that I called the word INSTITUTION and politician are not institution.

Further, politician of this country had never been given a room to play his role. He ever had a danger of losing his government to army which made him not work and settled his mind on the parameters of this army for looting from this nation watever they can during that meager tenure of their governments. I dont go to 1947, I just recall the period which we have witnessed. When Bhutto was doing well, he was ended by Zia. When Junejo was about to win the hearts of masses due to the rapid development works started during his tenure, Zia again demolished assemblies. When Bey Nazeer was in government, president dissloved assemblies on the instructions of army men. When Nwaz came into government, again army intervened and his assemblies were dissolved. Then again he came into power, and Musharraf snatched his role from him even after his big decision of atomic testing which was a courgeous event.

Army never left politician to do anything. Further, most of the ploticians are planted by the hands of generals and they are not that political in their ideaology.

I have no doubt that every good and bad in Pakistan is due to its army as only the army is the institution wich has ever governed the country.

Latest news is that 11 navy men (from a team who was sent to Japan) have hidden theirselves in Japan and are not being located by their officers. This is the condition of our army. The guys who would seek assylum from others, how would they secure their own nation.

Regards,
I don't have any sympathies for our beloved army, somewhat I had initially are getting faded with time. The only problem I observe in having such point of view about army is how can one blame the whole institution for deeds of some individuals?

The behavior of some army personnel which Kamran mentioned in his posts depicts the attitude of the whole nation. Those who are bestowed with some power and authority due to whatever reasons are very fond of displaying it publicly.

If someone will try to defend our great so called political leaders while objecting the role of army, I will strongly disagree. Our political leaders were given a chance in governance and army's over indulgence in governance is mainly due to inefficiency and corruption of political leaders

Well, here you go, the E book, especially of you cannot get your hand on one in Pakistan. It is ofcourse recommended to buy the actual book for the author to be appropriately remunerated for her scholastic efforts

http//www.4shared.com/file/18016362/ca6c213/Military_Inc.html

Dears,

I dont ever claim our politicians to be a better choice. However, history does not show that army ever had given chance to political leaders. And, if this was due to inefficiency of political leaders, that inefficiency must had not appeared in army regimes. I am not aware of removal of any such in-efficiency. Can Mr. SHoaib point out? The inefficiency in political regimes has been "INTERNAL SECURITY THREAT", the main reason for army to invade. Check out initial speaches of Zia and Musharraf. This was the main reason pointed out by them.

I wonder if some one will conclude that the Internal Scurity Threat has been eliminated by any army rulers. The unity of confederation of Pakistan has ever been destroyed by the acts and decisions of army rulers. They always divided the people into sects, castes and sub nations. One needs to study how various political parties having such agendas been developed. Army never succeeded to make Pakistan one unit and has always talked about sindhi, punjabi, baloch and pakhtoon. Off course these notions are a reality but why we dont talk about Pakistan. Army remained in power for 35 years almost. For a moment, leave the poor unable helpless dishonest politicians. Why this main internal security threat could not be removed by the most efficient, effective and honest army.

What further one can discuss about it.

Regards,
agree wid kamranACCA...devision and independence of departments comes first...
After hearing lot of comments on pakistani Forces i only say here that yes there is curroption on top level(Management) but there are also some nobel people in top management of our forces i am also of the view that the role of pakistani forces must be restricted to only military related issues they must not have a right to have full access to governmental issues....

We people must not forget the 1965....as well as we must not also forget 1971 too...

Our army is one one of the most competant army in the world this can be seen as evidence from the 1967s Israel's Offence...those were pakistani"SHAHEENS" who beat them through their "JAZB-E-EMMAN"...

One thing more the role of agencies(SECRET)must also be restricted to "DEVELOPING NATURE ACTIVITES" not "DESTRUCTING ACTIVITES(as now a days they are doing by kidnapping innocent people from all over the country)".........

Army should also be accountable to courts as well as secret agencies must also be accountable to Courts
did someone bought/read the book?
Pages: 1 2