Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ~ SOME ISLAMIC ARTICLES ~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
<b><font color="red">Islam & The Concept of Friendship </font id="red"></b>

Humans have always been social creatures and in need of friends and companions. Much of our lives is spent in interaction with others. For us Muslims who are living in a society where we are clearly a minority, the issue of choosing right companions is essential for preserving our Deen. Befriending righteous and virtuous Muslims is an essential means for staying on the Straight Path. Strong individuals, on the other hand, are the core of a strong community, something that Muslims should always strive for.

We all know that we were created for a specific purpose and that Allah the Most High has given us life in order to test us. None of us will deny that we are here for a relatively short period of time and that we shall meet Allah ( s.w.t.) one Day.

Once we know our purpose and our goal, we should seek ways to achieve them so as to benefit our own selves. All of us believe that Allah has sent us a Messenger ( s.a.w.) and revealed to us the Qur'an, the Best Speech.

In an authentic Hadith, the Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w.) said
<font color="maroon"><b>"A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look at whom you befriend."(1). </b> </font id="maroon">

The person most noble in character and dealings with fellow humans gave us a very clear message and advice in regard to friendship. We should choose the friend that is satisfied with our Deen and avoid the friend that is displeased with it. Whoever we see and are pleased with his Deen, we should befriend him and whoever we are displeased with his Deen and his manners, we ought to avoid him. There is no good in the companion who does not wish for us (from good) what he wishes for himself. There is also no good in the companion who wishes for us what he wishes for himself, if what he likes for his own soul is leading him towards destruction and Hellfire.

The bases for the actions of those who follow the evil ways are corrupt; their actions are built upon misguidance and deviation. Their deeds are worthless to them as Allah ( s.w.t.) said <b><font color="green">"And We will proceed to what they have done of deeds, so We shall render them to scattered floating dust." [2523].</font id="green"></b> Their actions, even if we regard them as righteous and noble are of no value to them, so how can they be of benefit to us? Friends are those who feel for their companions, in both happy and sad moments. If we share our feelings with the wrong- doers whose actions are worthless and based on corruption, then we are following the same ways and standards as they are. Affection which results from that friendship leads to love and closeness to other than the righteous believers, and this may even lead to avoiding those who are on the Straight Way. Mixing with followers of any way other than that of the Guidance also results in a change in one's behaviour, morals and conduct. If we agree, follow and are pleased with such friends, then we inherit their habits, behaviours and even religion. Such a Muslim would find himself in a situation wherein he is willing to hide his Islam in front of those who despise it (those that he considers as friends) and to separate from the believers. When this situation occurs, a point is reached when there is a very slight difference between the Muslim and his wrong-doing companion. Such a companionship is the root of sickness of one's heart and loss of one's Deen.

Instead of making friends with the misguided ones we should befriend the righteous and treat the rest in a gracious and just manner. Staying on a sufficient distance is necessary, yet treating everybody in a noble and kind manner is required.

In another Hadith, Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w.) said
<b><font color="brown">"The example of a good companion and a bad companion is like that of the seller of musk, and the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows. So as for the seller of musk then either he will grant you some, or you buy some from him, or at least you enjoy a pleasant smell from him. As for the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows then either he will burn your clothes or you will get an offensive smell from him." (2) </font id="brown"></b>

In his commentary of this Hadith, <b>Imam an-Nawawy said that the Prophet (s.a.w.) compared a good companion to a seller of musk and spoke of the virtue of having companions who are good, who have noble manners, piety, knowledge and good culture. Such are those who grant us from their virtue. And he ( s.a.w.) forbade us to sit with those who do evil, commit a lot of sins and other bad deeds, as well as with innovators, backbiters, and so forth. Another scholar said "keeping good company with the pious results in attainment of beneficial knowledge, noble manners and righteous actions, whereas keeping company with the wicked prevents all of that."</b>

Many times a Muslim is encouraged by his friends to do evil and to forget his duties. The result is that Muslims themselves are often ashamed to leave them to perform prayer, their friends thus causing them to clearly deviate from the Right Path.

Allah the Exalted says in the Qur'an
<b><font color="brown">"And (remember) the Day when the wrong-doer will bite his hands and say Woe to me! Would that I had taken a path with the Messenger. Woe to me! If only I had not taken so- and-so as a friend! He has led me astray from this Reminder (the Qur'an) after it had come to me. And Satan is ever a deserter to man in the hour of need." [2527-29]</font id="brown"></b>

So take heed before the inevitable Day comes and we are reckoned for our acts.

Allah, the All-Wise also says <b><font color="green">"Friends on that Day will be enemies one to another, except al-Muttaqoon (i.e. those who have Taqwah)." [4367] </font id="green"> </b>

<b>Hafidh Ibn Katheer, commenting on this verse, relates a story on the authority of Ali Ibn Abi Talib ( r.a.a.) </b> and says that any friendship for other than Allah is turned into enmity, except what was in it for Allah the Mighty and Majestic Two who are friends for Allah's sake; one of them dies and is given good news that he will be granted al-Jannah, so he remembered his friend and he supplicated for him, saying O Allah, my friend used to command me to obey You and to obey Your Prophet ( s.a.w.) and used to command me to do good and to forbid me from doing evil. And he told me that I will meet You. O Allah, do not let him go astray after me, until you show him what you have just shown me, until You are satisfied with him, just like You are satisfied with me." So he is told "Had you known what is (written) for you friend, would you have laughed a lot and cried a little." Then his friend dies and their souls are gathered, and both are asked to express their opinions about each other. So each one of them says to his friend you were the best brother, the best companion and the best friend." And when on of the two disbelieving friends dies, and he is given tidings of Hellfire, he remembered his friend and he said O Allah, my friend used to order me to di***ey You and di***ey Your Prophet, and commanded me to do evil, and forbade me from doing good, and told me that I would not meet You. O Allah, do not guide him after me, until you show him what you have just shown me and until you are dissatisfied with him just like You are dissatisfied with me." Then the other disbelieving friend dies, and their souls are gathered, and both are asked to give their opinions about each other. So each one says to his friend you were the worst brother, the worst companion and the worst friend."

That is the end of those who do not have Taqwah and those who befriend for a sake other than that of Allah the Exalted. Allah has surely spoken the truth and we all should grasp what He has informed us of. It is through the good company that Allah, the Most High, saves those who are astray and guides the wicked. The benefit of mixing with the righteous is immense, and it will, insha'allah, be even more obvious to us in the Hereafter. One of the early Muslims said that it is from Allah's blessings upon a youth when he turns to worship that he is given brother who is a follower of the Sunnah encouraging him upon it".

Sealing a friendship for Allah's sake will result in one's receiving protection of Allah ( s.w.t.). And as <font color="maroon"><b>Ibn Abbas said "No one may taste true faith except by this (i.e. building relationships for Allah's sake), even if his prayers and fasts are many. People have come to build their relationship around the concerns of the world, but it will not benefit them in any way." </b> </font id="maroon">

A scholar has said <b>"To seal a friendship for Allah's sake indicates the obligation of establishing relationships of love and trust for His sake; this is a friendship for the sake of Allah. It also indicates that simple affection is not enough here; indeed what is meant is a love based upon alliance. This entails assistance, honour, and respect. It means being with those whom you love both in word and deed." </b>

Loyalty for the sake of Allah really means to love Allah and to come to the assistance of His Deen; to love those who are obedient to Him and to come to their help. Moreover, the Shahadah "La Ilaha Illa Allah" requires us to ally ourselves for the sake of Allah, and it requires us to ally ourselves to the Muslims wherever we find them.

In two other authentic narrations of the <font color="green">Prophet ( s.a.w.) we were commanded to keep company with a believer only (3), and told that a person will be with those he loves (4). So if we love and associate </font id="green"> ourselves with those who are misguided, we should fear for our fate. The wise person is the one who prepares himself for the Hereafter, not the one who neglects his faith and falls into the trap of Satan who tells him that he will be forgiven and that he can do whatever he wishes. If we truly believe that the best speech is the Speech of Allah and that he best guidance is the guidance of Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w.), we should act in accordance with them, lest we build a proof against ourselves. Ali (r.a.a.) said <font color="red">"Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people to protect yourself from their evils." </font id="red"> If we are truly concerned about our fate, we must come to this realisation those who take us away from remembering Allah, from obeying Him and His Prophet ( s.a.w.), those who fail to remind us of our daily prayers and those who do not give us sincere advice in regard to our Deen; such are really our foes and not our friends.

On the other side, a believer is the mirror of his brother" (5), and if he sees any faults in the other believer, he draws his attention to it, helps him to give it up and helps him wipe away any evil that he may have. Ibn Hazm said Anyone who criticises you cares about your friendship. Anyone who makes light of your faults cares nothing about you."

<b><font color="red">How can we expect sincere advice and exhortation in regard to our religion from those who are displeased with our Deen or are simply indifferent?</font id="red"></b> Are they going to help us achieve the purpose of our life, or will they take us away from it? Will they desire for us Allah's pleasure or is that Completely irrelevant to them and not their concern at all? Are they leading us to al-Jannah or to the Hellfire? These are the questions we have to ask ourselves, lest we wake up after we die.

<b><font color="brown">"O you who believe! Take care of your own selves. If you follow the right guidance and enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong no hurt can come to you from those who are in error. The return of you all is to Allah, then He will inform you about (all) that which you used to do." [5105] </font id="brown"> </b>

We ask Allah to make us of the righteous ones and give us companions that will take us away from His Wrath and lead us to His Pleasure and Paradise.

<b><font color="green">References </font id="green"></b>
1- Abu Dawood and at-Tirmidhee
2- al-Bukhary and Muslim.
3- Abu Dawood and at-Tirmidhee.
4- Al-Bukhary and Muslim.
5- Abu Dawood, Hassan Hadith.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http//groups.yahoo.com/group/Allah_Muhammad_SAW_Quraan
<font color="blue">www.practiseislam.org.....www.fahmedeen.org</font id="blue">

<b><font color="red">Jashn-e-Azadi Mubarak</font id="red"></b>

<font color="green">Assalaam o alikum

Dear brothers and sisters,

The whole country is busy celebrating the 60th anniversary of its ‘Independence Day’. But do we know why our elders had struggled and sacrificed so much for this independence? Have we achieved their vision after 60 years? What are the reasons for our current deplorable state? What are our responsibilities, to the country as a nation, now?

The answer to these questions was given in a recent bayan by Maulana Abdus Sattar.

The bayan is in two parts and must be heard by all so that we can fulfill our responsibility.

The bayans can be downloaded from here </font id="green"> <font color="blue"><b>http//fahmedeen.org/new/special.asp</b> </font id="blue">

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http//groups.yahoo.com/group/Allah_Muhammad_SAW_Quraan
<font color="green"><b>Love for Allah's Messenger - Its Obligation and Signs</b></font id="green">

From As-Sunnah Bimonthly Islamic Newsletter

<font color="red">"By Allah, now you are more beloved to me than my own soul."</font id="red">
"based on the book 'Hubb an-Nabi wa-alamatuhu' by Shaikh Fazl-e-Ilahi and lectures by Shaikh Abdullah Naasir Rahmani" (From Islamic Newsletter 'As-Sunnah)

Loving the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) more than everything in the world is obligatory on every Muslim. It's benefits and rewards are tremendous but today Muslims are in error with respect to this issue. In fact, a large number of Muslims are unaware of the reality and signs of the love for the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam). With the intent of spreading the true understanding and explanation of love (for Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), we present this article to the Ummah. May Allah accept it and make it fruitful. Ameen!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>O</b>ne of the blessings, which Allah bestows upon His slaves, is the love of His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) because loving the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) is a condition of faith.
Once, Umar Ibn Khattab (radhi allahu anhu), made a statement to Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) <font color="red">"O Messenger of Allah! You are more beloved to me than anything except my own self."</font id="red"> Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) remarked saying <font color="red">"No, by the One in Whose Hand is my soul, not until I am more beloved to you than your own soul</font id="red">." Umar (radhi allahu anhu) then declared his love for the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) saying <font color="red">"By Allah, now you are more beloved to me than my own soul." </font id="red"> Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) then affirmed for him true and complete faith. [Saheeh al-Bukharee]

Thus, Eemaan is incomplete without the love of Allah's Messenger. Not only loving him is important, but the love of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) should be victorious above the love of everything else. Allah says
<b>"Say If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwelling in which you delight are dearer to you than Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and striving hard and fighting in His cause, then wait until Allah brings about His Decision (torment). And Allah guides not the people who are di***edient." [Soorah at-Tawbah (9) 24] </b>
Loving the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) is also one of the reasons of achieving 'the sweetness of Eemaan. Scholars explain 'sweetness of Eemaan' to mean the pleasure in obeying Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), enduring hardship in the religion and preferring it to the world. It is reported in Bukharee (1/60) that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said <b>"Whoever possesses the following three qualities will taste the sweetness of Eemaan. One of whom Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) become dearer than anything else; Whoever loves his brother solely for Allah's sake; and whoever hates to revert to disbelief just as he hates to be thrown into the Fire."</b>

To comprehend and achieve the love of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), it becomes necessary to answer two important questions, <b><font color="brown">what is love? Or what is the criterion of love? and how to love Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) above everything else? </font id="brown"></b> To answer these questions, carefully read the following few paragraphs

<b><font color="red">What is Love?</font id="red"></b>
Imaam at-Tabaranee (rahimahullah) relates the story of a Sahabee (radhi allahu anhu) in Majma az-Zawaid (7/7), who came to Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and said 'O Messenger of Allah, you are more beloved to me than myself, more beloved to me than my children. When I am in my house, I think of you, and then I cannot wait until I see you. When I think of my death and your death. I know that when you enter Paradise, you will be raised with the Prophets u. I fear that if I enter Paradise, I will not be able to see you.' The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) did not answer until Jibreel (alaihi as-salaam) descended with this verse <font color="red">"And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah bestowed His grace (among them are), the Prophets (alaihimus as-salaam), those who believed in them first, the martyrs and the righteous. How excellent these companions are."</font id="red"> [(4) 69]
Revelation of this verse provides a comprehensive answers to our first question, "<b>what is love?</b>" Upon the declaration of the man's love towards the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), Allah revealed a verse encouraging obedience to Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), thus explaining the meaning of love to be 'Obedience.'

This calls for complete submission to the commands and orders of Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam). Allah says "The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allah (His Words the Qur'aan) and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) to judge between them, is that they say 'We hear and we obey'. It is such as these who will attain success." [Soorah an-Noor (24) 51] And "By your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) the judge in all disputes between them and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission." [(4) 65]

In other words, Eemaan and obedience to Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) are inseparable, and simultaneous efforts to establish them will lead to everlasting bliss. This is the basis of success; any fault in its foundation will end up in eternal chastisement (punishment) of Hell-Fire. Because the Qur'aan describes hypocrites as di***edient to Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) "They (hypocrites) say "We have believed in Allah and in the Messenger and we obey', then a party of them turn away thereafter, such are not believers...Let those who oppose the Messenger's commandments beware, lest some fitnah befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them." [(24) 47 and 63]

Every one of us claims to love the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) more than our fathers, sons and all the people. But how truthful are we in this claim? Does this claim carry any value in the Sight of Allah?

Scholars have pointed out some criterion and signs to judge one's claim of love, those signs which were observed in the character of the best generation, the Sahabah, those who loved the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) to the highest degree. Some of these signs, their explanation and justification are mentioned below.

? If you find these signs in yourself, then praise and thank Allah that you posses in your heart the true love of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam).

? If you lack some or all these signs, then hold yourself to account, before you are accounted on the Day of Judgment!! On the Day, when nothing will be hidden from Allah, and no servant of His can even attempt to deceive Him, because as Allah said "They (think to) deceive Allah and those who believe, while they only deceive themselves, and perceive (it) not." [Soorah al-Baqarah (2) 9]

FIRST SIGN Concern for seeing and keeping company with him

It is well known that every person wishes to see and acquire the company of his beloved. Thus, anybody who loves the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) will want to be with him. He will confer and devote everything to grasp any opportunity of being in his (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) company in this world and the Hereafter. It will please him to gaze upon the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), and the fear of being forbidden from seeing the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) will sadden him. Such were the state of affairs with the Sahabah (radhi allahu anhum), when the Ansaar heard about the Hijrah of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) to Medina, they were overjoyed and eager to see him, it occurs in the narration of Urwah Ibn az-Zubayr, when the Muslims of Medina heard the news of the departure of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), from Makkah, they would go to al-Harrah every morning. They would wait for him until the heat of the noon forced them to return.' [Saheeh al-Bukharee (7/239)] Another narration says "…. And when the sun burned them, they would return to their homes." [at-Tabaqaat al-Kubra (1/233)]

How intense was their eagerness to meet Allah's Messenger r!! They left every morning and waited his arrival in the burning sun of desert! Al-Barra bin Aazib (radhi allahu anhu) describes the joy of the people of Medina, upon the arrival of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), he said "I never saw the people of al-Madina so pleased with anything as they were with his arrival." [Saheeh al-Bukharee (7/260)] Anas Ibn Maalik said "I never saw a day brighter or more excellent than the day Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and Abu Bakr entered Medina." [Fath ur-Rabbanee li Tarteeb Musnad il-imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal (20/290)]

This was one part of their love, i.e. their extreme longing and craving to see and be in the company of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam). In the similar way, they also feared of being deprived from this great blessing and honor, and not being able to accompany the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam). Imaam at-Tabaranee relates the story of a Sahabee (radhi allahu anhu) in Majma az-Zawaid (7/7), who came to Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and said 'O Messenger of Allah! You are more beloved to me than myself, more beloved to me than my children. When I am in my house, I think of you, and then I cannot wait until I see you. When I think of my death and your death. I know that when you enter Paradise, you will be raised with the Prophets. I fear that if I enter Paradise, I will not be able to see you." On this occasion, Allah revealed the verse "And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah bestowed His grace (among them are), the Prophets, those who believed in them first, the martyrs and the righteous. How excellent these companions are." [ Soorah an-Nisa (4) 69]

Such was their great love and affection for Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), they preferred the company of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) above everything. Once an opportunity to make a request was given to Rabee'ah ibn al-Ka'ab al-Aslamee (radhi allahu anhu) for anything he desired. So, what was his request? He relates about himself 'I used to spend the night with the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and I used to attend to his needs. He said to me "Make any request." So I said 'I ask that I accompany you in Paradise.' He said "Do you wish for anything other than that?" I replied 'Just that.' He said "Then help me for your own sake with frequent prostrations (meaning perform much Salaat (prayer)." [Saheeh Muslim]

This was the true love of the Sahabah (radhi allahu anahum) for Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam). How about us? Despite our claim of loving the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), we greatly love the world and its pleasures and spend wealth and time to look and hear them. Have we forgotten that some of these things, which we love, might be a reason for our disgrace in this world and the Hereafter? The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said "Some people from my nation will drink alcohol, calling it by another name, and drums… will be placed over their heads. Allah will cause them to sink into the Earth, and will transform some of them into monkeys and pigs." [Saheeh Sunan Ibn Majah (2/371)]

SECOND SIGN Total Willingness to sacrifice one's person and wealth for the sake of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam)
Anyone who truly loves someone eagerly looks forward for any opportunity to sacrifice his person and possessions for his loved one. Tremendous examples are found in the biographies of the Sahabah (radhi allahu anhu), which speak aloud about their sacrifices for the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam). On the day of (the battle of) Uhud, when the people had fled, the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) was in an area with twelve men from the Ansaar, among them was Talha bin Ubaydullah.

The polytheist came upon them, the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) turned and said "Who will fight them?" Talha said 'I will.' The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said "(Stay) as you are." A man from the Ansaar said 'I (will go). O Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam)." So he said "You (go and fight)." So he fought until he died. Then he turned and again the polytheist were there, he said "Who will fight them?" Talha said 'I will.' The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said "(Stay) as you are." A man from the Ansaar said 'I (will go). O Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam)." So he said "You (go and fight)." So he fought until he died. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) did not cease to say this; sending one of the men of the Ansaar to fight the same fight as the man before him till he was killed. Until there remained only the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and Talha Ibn Ubaydullah t. So the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said "Who will fight them?" Talha replied 'I will.' So Talha fought the fight of the eleven (who were before him) until his hand was struck and his fingers were cut off and he said (to himself) 'Feel it'.

The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said "If you had said Bismillah (in the Name of Allah), then angels would have lifted you while the people were staring." Then Allah drove back the polytheist. [Saheeh Sunan an-Nasa'ee (1/27)]

May Allah be pleased with all those who truly loved the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and sacrificed their lives for him. Their defense was not an easy task but they ransomed their lives to protect the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam).

THIRD SIGN To Follow the Prophet's (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) orders and to leave that which he has prohibited
Everybody would agree that a person likes to do what his beloved wants, and leave what makes his loved one angry. Instances of true obedience are abundant from the Sahabah. The Sahabah were prohibited from things which they loved and desired, but they rushed to leave it at the first command of Allah's Messenger. Imaam Bukharee (rahimahullah) reports in his Saheeh that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) ordered a caller to announce to the people "Allah and His Messenger forbid you to eat the meat of domestic donkeys." So, the pots were overturned while meat was still boiling in them. [Saheeh al-Bukharee (7/467-468)] Similar was the case when alcohol was made prohibited, Anas (radhi allahu anhu) narrates, 'I was serving alcohol in the house of Abu Talha. We heard a caller and I went out to hear him, he was the caller of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) saying 'O people! Alcohol is made Haraam (prohibited).' I returned and informed the people about the prohibition. It was my saying and the Sahabah (radiyallahu anhum) turned down their glasses of alcohol, and those who had even a sip of alcohol in their mouths, vomited it out, and pots of alcohol were broken, such that streams of alcohol were seen flowing in the streets of al-Madina."
None of them even thought to dispute, or try to find an exception or escape this ruling, and how could they possibly do so, when they completely understood that the fundamental aspects of true love is obedience to the Messenger of Allah

FOURTH SIGN To make the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) victorious and to perfect the Sharee'ah
It is well known fact that the devotee will sacrifice his time, energy, possessions, and his person for the same purpose, which his beloved sacrifices his wealth and person for.

The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) was sent to establish the Oneness of Allah and eliminate disbelief. Thus, those who love the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) follow his guidance and imitate his lifestyle in all aspects.
In the battle of Uhud, a great confusion took place and a rumor spread among the people that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) had been killed. Some of the companions sat down, adversely effected by this terrible news. They had given up. Anas bin an-Nadr (radhi allahu anhu), came to them and said, what has made you sit down? They replied 'The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) has been killed.' He said 'Then what are you doing with your lives after him? Rise, fight and die for what the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) died for." [Seerah Ibn Hishaam (3/30)] Anas (radhi allahu anhu) reported, 'We found more than eighty wounds from swords and arrows on his body. We found him dead and his body was mutilated so badly that no one except his sister could recognize him by his fingers. Anas (radhi allahu anhu) said 'We used to think that the following verse was revealed concerning him and others of his group "Among the believers are men who have been true to their covenant with Allah. Some of them have fulfilled their obligations, and some are still waiting but they have never changed in the least." [Soorah al-Ahzab (23)] [Saheeh al-Bukharee (6/21)]

This sincere devotion and determination is also seen in the character of Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq (radhi allahu anhu), when some Muslims refused to pay Zakaat, Abu Bakr announced a battle against them, saying 'By Allah, if they refuse to pay me (even) a bridle, which they used to pay the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) then I will fight them because of their refusal. [Saheeh Muslim (1/52)]

Group 4 All http//groups.yahoo.com/group/Allah_Muhammad_SAW_Quraan/join
Only 4 Sisters http//groups.yahoo.com/group/Sisters_4Islam/join
<font color="red"><b>The Virtues of Hijab </b> </font id="red">

<font color="green"><b>1. An act of obedience. </b> </font id="green">
The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet (pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an
`It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever di***eys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S3336).

Allah also said
'And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna.'(S2431).

Juyubihinna The respected scholars from As-Salaf As-Saleh (righteous predecessors) differed whether the veil cover of the body must include the hands and face or not. Today, respected scholars say that the hands and face must be covered. Other respected scholars say it is preferable for women to cover their whole bodies.

<b><font color="green">2.The Hijab is IFFAH (Modesty) </font id="green"></b>
Allah (subhana wa'atala) made the adherence to the hijab a manifestation for chastity and modesty. Allah says
'O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) over their bodies (when outdoors). That is most convenient that they should be known and not molested.' (S3359).

In the above Ayaah there is an evidence that the recognition of the apparent beauty of the woman is harmful to her. When the cause of attraction ends, the restriction is removed. This is illustrated in the case of elderly women who may have lost every aspect of attraction. Allah (swt) made it permissible for them to lay aside their outer garments and expose their faces and hands reminding, however, that is still better for them to keep their modesty.

<font color="green"><b>3. The hijab is Tahara (Purity) </b> </font id="green">
Allah (swt) had shown us the hikma (wisdom) behind the legislation of the hijab
`And when you ask them (the Prophet's wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and their hearts.' (S3353).

The hijab makes for greater purity for the hearts of believing men and women because it screens against the desire of the heart. Without the hijab, the heart may or may not desire. That is why the heart is more pure when the sight is blocked (by hijab) and thus the prevention of fitna (evil actions is very much manifested. The hijab cuts off the ill thoughts and the greed of the sick hearts
`Be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy or evil desire for adultery, etc) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.' (S3332)

<b><font color="green">4. The hijab is a Shield </font id="green"> </b>
The prophet (pbuh) said "Allah, Most High, is Heaven, is Ha'yeii (Bashful), Sit'teer (Shielder). He loves Haya' (Bashfulness) and Sitr (Shielding; Covering)."

The Prophet (pbuh) also said
"Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's house (to show off for unlawful purposes), has broken Allah's shield upon her. "

The hadith demonstrates that depending upon the kind of action committed there will be either reward (if good) or punishment (if bad).

<font color="green"><b>5. The hijab is Taqwah (Righteousness) </b> </font id="green">
Allah (swt) says in the Qur'an "O children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover yourselves (screen your private parts, etc) and as an adornment. But the raiment of righteousness, that is better.'(S726).

The widespread forms of dresses in the world today are mostly for show off and hardly taken as a cover and shield of the woman's body. To the believing women, however the purpose is to safeguard their bodies and cover their private parts as a manifestation of the order of Allah. It is an act of Taqwah (righteousness).

<b><font color="green">6. The hijab is Eemaan (Belief or Faith) </font id="green"></b>
Allah (swt) did not address His words about the hijab except to the believing women, Al-Mo'minat. In many cases in the Qur'an Allah refers to the "the believing women". Aisha (RA), the wife of the prophet (pbuh), addressed some women from the tribe of Banu Tameem who came to visit her and had light clothes on them, they were improperly dressed
"If indeed you are believing women, then truly this is not the dress of the believing women, and if you are not believing women, then enjoy it."

<font color="green"><b>7. The hijab is Haya' (Bashfulness)</b> </font id="green">
There are two authentic hadith which state "Each religion has a morality and the morality of Islam is haya'" AND "Bashfulness is from belief, and belief is in Al-Jannah (paradise)". The hijab fits the natural bashfulness which is a part of the nature of women.

<b><font color="green">8. The hijab is Gheerah </font id="green"> </b>
The hijab fits the natural feeling of Gheerah, which is intrinsic in the straight man who does not like people to look at his wife or daughters. Gheerah is a driving emotion that drives the straight man to safeguard women who are related to him from strangers. The straight MUSLIM man has Gheerah for ALL MUSLIM women In response to lust and desire, men look (with desire) at other women while they do not mind that other men do the same to their wives or daughters. The mixing of sexes and absence of hijab destroys the Gheera in men. Islam considers Gheerah an integral part of faith. The dignity of the wife or daughter or any other Muslim woman must be highly respected and defended.

<b>Source <font color="blue">www.islaam.net</font id="blue"></b>

<font color="red"><b><center><font size="4">Perform Salah Correctly </font id="size4"> </center> </b> </font id="red">

<center><b>By</b></center>
<font color="green"><center>Maulana Muhammad Taqi Usmani </center> </font id="green">

Please Click the Link
http://http//www.geocities.com/darstirmi...rformsalah
<b><font color="red">Hadhrat Bilal (Radhiyallaho anho) and his Sufferings</font id="red"></b>

Hadhrat Bilal (Radhiyallaho anho) is one of the best known of the galaxy of Sahabah as moazzin of the Prophet's (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) masjid. He was an Abyssinian slave of a disbeliever in Mecca. His conversion to Islam was, naturally, not liked by his master and he was, therefore, persecuted mercilessly. Ummayah bin Khalaf, who was the worst enemy of Islam, would make him lie down on the burning sand at midday and would place a heavy stone on his breast, so that he could not even move a limb. He would then say to him
"Renounce Islam or swelter and die."
Even under these afflictions, Bilal (Radhiyallaho anho) would exclaim-
"Ahad"-The One (Allah). "Ahad"-The One (Allah).
He was whipped at night and with the cuts thus received, made to lie on the burning ground during the day to make him either forsake Islam or to die a lingering death from wounds. The torturers would get tired and take turns (Abu Jahl, Umayyah and others) and vie with one another in afflicting more and more painful punishment, but Hadhrat Bilal (Radhiyallaho anho) would not yield. At last Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho) bought his freedom, and he became a free Muslim.
As Islam taught implicitly the oneness of the Almighty Creator, while the idolaters of Mecca believed in many gods and goddesses with minor godlings, therefore Bilal (Radhiyallaho anho) repeated
"Ahad (The One), Ahad (The One)."
This shows his love and devotion to Allah. Allah was so dear to him that no amount of persecution could distract him from reciting His Holy name. It is said that the urchins of Mecca would drag him in the streets, with his words "Ahad!, Ahad!" ringing in their wake.
Look how Allah rewarded his steadfastness! He was to have the honour of becoming the Prophet's moazzin. He was always to remain with him at home and abroad to call out the Azaan for his Salaat. After the Prophet's death it became very hard for him to continue his stay in Madinah where he would miss him at every step and in every corner. He therefore left Madinah, and decided to pass the rest of his life striving in the path of Allah. Once he beheld the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) in his dream saying to him
"O, Bilal! How is it that you never visit me."
No sooner did he get up than he set out for Madinah. On reaching there, Hadhrat Hasan and Hadhrat Husain (Radhiyallaho anhuma) (The Prophet's (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) grandsons) requested him to call out the Azaan. He could not refuse them, for they were very dear to him. But as soon as the Azaan was called, the people of Madinah cried openly out of their anguish at the memory of the happy old days of the Prophet's (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) time. Even the women came out of their houses weeping. Hadhrat Bilal (Radhiyallaho anho) left Madinah again after a few days and died in Damascus in 20 A.H.

<b><font color="green">Struggle of the Sahabah (The Companions of Allah's Messenger)</font id="green"></b>

<font color="green">From As-Sunnah Bimonthly Islamic Newsletter</font id="green">
<font color="red">“And foremost to embrace Islam of the Muhajirun (those who migrated from Makkah to Madinah) and the Ansar (the citizens of Madinah) and those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him.” [Soorah at-Tawbah (9) 100] </font id="red">
The Sahabah (radhi allahu anhum) (Companions of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) suffered social boycott and severe tortures for their rejection of Shirk and Kufr, and their belief in Allah alone. In their arrogance, the Mushriks (those who associate partners with Allah) believed that people can be restricted from worshiping their true Lord, by making them fear hunger, loss of livelihood and death.
They would dress the Muslims in armor of iron and leave them in the scorching heat of the Arabian desert to roast. Umayyah Ibn Khalf would place Bilal (radhi allahu anhu) on the burning ground in the midday sun and order a huge rock to be placed on his chest. Then he would say <font color="purple"><b>'By Allah! You will stay like this until you die, unless you disbelieve in Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and you worship al-Laat and al-Uzza.' </b> </font id="purple">
But Bilaal in all his pain and anguish would say '(<font color="brown">He who alone has the right to worship is) One, One.'</font id="brown"> [Ibn Hisham (1/318)]
Mujahid, the student of Ibn Abbas (radhi allahu anhu) said “The first martyr in Islam was Sumayyah, the mother of Ammar. Abu Jahl thrust a spear in her abdomen.” [(Saheeh) See at-Tabaqaat of Ibn Sad (8/264-265)]
The Sahabah suffered a complete boycott for 3 years at the hands of the Mushriks. The Pagans decided not to have any business dealing with them. Even verbal and social contacts came to end. They were deprived of the food supply, to the extent that leaves and animal skin had to be eaten for survival. Despite all odds, the Sahabah persisted in their strong faith in Allah and endured all hardships.
This boycott ended after three years in Muharram in the 10th year of the Prophet's mission. The Sahabah were finally allowed to return to their homes. The exile had ended, but more hardships and aggression by the Mushriks was yet to follow. Life in Makkah had become miserable and the tortures unbearable!! Allah, the Most Merciful, then ordered Hijrah, the migration from Makkah to Madina. This was both to safeguard their lives and religion. To reside in a land where one is not free to worship Allah or is difficult to be steadfast upon the religion, is extremely undesirable.
Materialistically Hijrah was still not a wise choice, since it meant leaving behind most of one's possessions. It also meant separation from one's tribe and family. The sense of belonging and loyalty to the tribe was greatly valued in those times, when people would say 'Help your brother whether he is an oppressor or an oppressed.” (***)
They would even sacrifice their lives for the sake of their tribe. Islam however had lifted the Sahabah above craving after superficial material wealth and tribalism. Hijrah had still more problems.
Firstly, the journey itself was extremely harsh and the migrants could be robbed or killed on the way.
Secondly, Madinah was not strong economically and the migrants would become homeless, jobless and penniless.
Yet the Sahabah in their obedience and Tawakkul (trust in Allah) migrated from Makkah to Madinah And established the Islamic state upon Tawheed, Ittiba, Ikhlas (sincerity) and brotherhood. Allah eventually made them victorious over their enemies in this world and granted them His pleasure in the Hereafter <font color="red">“Allah is well pleased with them as they are well pleased with Him.”</font id="red"> [Soorah at-Tawbaj (9) 100]
Factors inspiring patience and perseverance The main purpose behind remembering the struggles, and sacrifices of the Sahabah is to learn from their examples because their way is a guaranteed path to success.
Let us reflect upon the factors, which lead the Sahabah to stand firm in times of severest hardships.
<font color="red"><b>(a)</b></font id="red"> Strong belief in Allah Unshakable belief was the first and foremost factor of their strength and constancy.
<b><font color="red">(b)</font id="red"></b> True love for Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) The Sahabah greatly loved Allah and the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) was dearest to them; they were always ready to defend him and secure his well being even at the risk of their lives. They had the spirit of selflessness, and sacrifice characterized their behavior. They were obedient to Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and followed all his instructions because they completely understood the criterion of love, which Allah had placed before them “Say (O Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you.” [Soorah Imran (3) 31]
<font color="red"><b>© </b> </font id="red"> The sense of responsibility The Sahabah were fully aware of the daunting responsibility they were expected to shoulder. They did not try to escape the responsibilities, even though they were being mistreated, because they had realized the horrible consequences humanity would suffer if they backed from their obligations.
<font color="red"><b>(d) </b> </font id="red"> Belief in the truth of Hereafter This was the cornerstone, which strengthened the sense of responsibility in the Sahabah - The great certainty that one day they would have to rise on the Day of Resurrection and account for all worldly deeds, small and big. They were sure that their future in the other world would depend wholly on their acts of this world; either Paradise or Hell. Their whole life was divided between hope for Allah's Mercy and fear of His Punishment. They had already known that life with all its amenities and pains was worthless when compared with the Hereafter. Such deep conviction brought about in them great strength and they fought back all their troubles and hardships that attended their lives.
<font color="red"><b>(e) </b></font id="red"> The Qur'aan The Qur'aan was their companion at all stages. It's verses served to excite their feelings, strengthen their selves on their course of patience and endurance. It introduced them to the most purposeful examples and suggestive instructions “And as for those who emigrated for the cause of Allah, after suffering oppression, We will certainly give them goodly residence in this world, but indeed the reward of the Hereafter will be greater, if they but knew.” [Soorah an-Nahl (16) 41]
When the Muslims were forced to undergo constraints, there would be revealed verses telling identical stories of past Prophets with their people and the sufferings and pains they had experienced, like “Or think that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said 'When (will come) the help of Allah?' ‘Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!’” [(2) 214]
<b><font color="red">(f) </font id="red"></b> Glad tidings of success The Qur'aan also suggested meaningful messages carrying glad tidings of definite Allah's Mercy leading to victory and eternal success. At the same time, they were informed about the tragic end of tyrants and disbelievers who would be brought to Divine Justice and then dragged through the Fire. These factors lead the Sahabah to great heights of success.
They regarded all toleration and humiliations as summer clouds that would soon clear away. Such trials, which the Sahabah faced may also come upon us, and we are required to face them as they did, with complete faith in Allah, pure-heartedness, spirit of Islam, sense of responsibility, Qur'aanic wisdom and fearing the Day of Judgment “Alim, Laam-Mim. Do people think that they will be left alone because they say <font color="purple">'We believe', and will not be tested. And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allah knows all that before putting them to test).” </font id="purple"> [Soorah al-Ankaboot (29) 1-3]
Mere lip profession of Faith is not enough. It must be tried and tested in the real turmoil of life. The test will be applied to all kinds of circumstances, in individual life and in relation to the environment around us to see whether we can strive constantly and put Allah above self. Much pain, sorrow and self-sacrifice may be necessary, not because they are good in themselves, but because they will purify us.
The discussion about the bravery of the Sahabah teaches us to be tolerant, overpowering over oneself in order to get well established in the religion, disdain lust, and devote ourselves to attaining the Pleasure of Allah, yearn for Paradise, enthusiasm in learning the religion, calling oneself to account, and finally observing ***riety, patience and gravity at all rage-provoking incidents.

(***) This lesson was also taught by Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) <font color="brown">“Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.”</font id="brown"> But see how beautiful and beneficial is his explanation to this statement. When the Sahabah asked him "O Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam)! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said <b>"By preventing him from oppressing others." </b> [Saheeh al-Bukhareee, 3/624] [UP]
References Raheeq al-Makhtoom of Shaikh Safi-ur-Rahman al-Mubarakpuri, Methodology of the Prophets in Calling to Allah by Shaikh Rabee ibn Hadee al-Madhkhalee and others..
<font color="red"><b>Love is One</b></font id="red">
The Station of Love and the Attributes of Allah's Love for the Slave
As-salâmu alaykum wa rahmatu-llâh wa bârakatuhu.
I greet you out of the bottom of my heart and I ask Allâh, glory be to Him. I thank Allâh that He brought me again to you so that I may continue to give as I am ordered to give by Allâh.
I ask Allah that you may open your hearts, your hearing, and your spirits to the divine words that will emerge from Allâh through my tongue,
because these instructions and commands are not from me, but they are from Allah.
I ask Allah’s help and protection for you, your spouses, your children and your loved ones.
I ask that He provide you with all you need.
I ask Allah to achieve peace, security, mercy, justice, freedom,
and peace for the entire world.
I ask that He may provide every good for humanity.
Now we will start by telling you a story about the holy love. How can love be holy? Can love be secured by destroying hearts or houses, by killing people, or by destroying plants, properties, and lives? Is this love? Will love cause us to make people hungry and sick, and to spread diseases among them? Is this what Allâh wants? Does Allâh want His creatures to steal and rob each other of each other’s rights, or to harm each other? Does Allâh ever want us to destroy hearts? Did Allâh create people to fight and hate each other? This is not love, nor is it from the law of love. This is the law of Satan, the devil, and the human evil self.
Allâh wants all of us to give love and say, “Yes,” to peace and security, “Yes,” to love and mercy, “Yes,” to justice and freedom, true justice and true freedom. Allâh wants us to say, “No,” to hate, “No,” to oppression, and “No,” to slavery. He wants us to say “Yes,” for all people to become one nation, loving each other, helping each other, and living in benevolence and joy. He wants us to say, “Yes,” to people living as freely as birds alive on the trees, singing and chanting as they want, and sleeping as they want.
Even these poor birds are not secure from the evil of humanity. They are chased away or killed. Even fish in the sea and animals in the forest are not safe from human beings.
Who is crueler than a person who deviates from the divine way and abandons the divine commands? Is he not more evil than the devil himself, he who destroys hearts? This is why I direct myself towards Allâh and pray for Him to protect all of you – that your hands may be protected from polluting things, and pure from the evil that the devil wants to do upon the earth. I ask Him to achieve peace and security for all those who suffer on earth, and to provide love for the deprived ones whose hearts are broken.
What makes me cry day and night is seeing children cry in the streets and watching people suffer. It makes me cry to see people whose houses have been destroyed, whose properties have been taken from them, and whose children have been killed without right. I cry when I see daughters and girls who are deprived of love and have been betrayed by their husbands. This is what we do not want. We seek to bring our message to people and distribute it among them, so that we may achieve mercy and justice, and so that they may carry the message of truth. Allâh says
Oh humankind! We have created you from a male and a female,
and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another.
Verily, the most honorable of you with Allâh is He who is most pious. (Qur#702;ân 4913)
As the Prophet (#7779;alla-llâhu #703;alayhi wa sallam) says
Most beloved to Allâh are the ones who benefit His creation. (#7716;adît#7723Wink
This is the message of all of the prophets (#703;alayhimi-s-salâm). This is the message of Ibrâhîm [Abraham] and Mûsâ [Moses] (#703;alayhimi-s-salâm). It is the message of all the prophets, and this message never changes. Only those who play games change it. This is the message of the Messiah, #703;Îsâ [Jesus] (#703;alayhi-s-salâm).
Many of those who claim they carry the message of the Messiah are murderers. Many of those who claim they carry the message of Mu#7717;ammad (#7779;alla-llâhu #703;alayhi wa sallam) are also murderers and corrupters. Many of those who claim that they carry the message of Mûsâ (#703;alayhi-s-salâm) are also murderers and corrupters. The prophets never asked us to harm each other – they asked us to love each other, and to be benevolent and good to each other.
Please Read Islami E-Mails, Articles, Jihad etc on the following Websites

http//Jihad.freeforums.org/

http//groups.yahoo.com/group/Allah_Muhammad_SAW_Quraan/
To @ll Brother n sisters

Please join my forum

Jihad / Khilafah Movement

http//Jihad.freeforums.org/

<b><font color="red">What is Jihad /Al-Qital ?</font id="red">

(Concepts, status, current need of Jihad)

<font color="green">Please must read</font id="green">

http//jihad.freeforums.org/viewforum.php?f=6

</b>