Accountancy Forum

Full Version: HAS ANY LUKCY EYES SEEN 2001 DIRECTORY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The last Karachi Telephone Directory I saw was of 1996. When the PTCL was claiming having distributed these to all subscribers, my area Divisional Engineer was telling (and very rightly) that Directories were too short in supply. In my area whomever I enquired he had not received. I purchased this Rs. 450 official cost Directory from Liaqatabad foothpath at Rs. 75/- (three volumes). The Department officially in writing agreed to refund me Rs. 450/- which however I did not take. Same days a scandal came in press though exact nature or wording of that is not remembered by me but it was something, if my memories are not misguiding me, that contractor was paid in advance cost of full directories while very little quantity was actually published and obtained. The press report as usual was later killed not to surface any more.

Since 1996 no telephone directory has been received. During this period to the best of my memories letters in these pages keep coming citizens raising their voice demanding new phone directory. I recently took up the matter when surprisingly I have been told that in 2001 the phone directory was published and provided to subscribers. I have checked with a few neighbours who are ignorant of it.

Through this esteem I wish if any Karachite but from the ordinary masses confirms that his lucky eyes had seen the glimpse of 2001 telephone Directory.

who cares? online directories are way better. besides, i would be glad if they concentrated on improving their service rather than printing directories, my phone`s been dead for 2 months! TWO MONTHS!

But can you please tell where are the On Line telephone directories? I had been searching two days back to get a Karachi phone but could not - not even from PTCL On Line rather private ones. Can you give me any On Line link for future.

Thanks and regards
well, try the ones at kalpoint and apnakarachi.