Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Secondments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does THK offer secondments to middle east etc? because FRSH Trainees claim that their firm have loads of secondments to middle east,uk etc..

anybody care to shed some light on this?
There is now an increasing trend in sending trainees on secondment to various countries. For example, KPMG sends its trainees to Middle East if they are competent and have appropriate qualification (which can be ACCA or Mod E qualified). I know that trainees from KPMG have been send to Ireland who were Mod F qualified or had given Mod F attempt. So there is good deal of incentive in KPMG as far as secondments are concerned....FRSH also offer secondment on same basis and criteria...My buddies have been to various countries who have qualified Mod E...presently my firm (AFF) has also started secondments to its trainees but the main criteria is Mod E pass with exception record of jobs...so it means that there are a lot of secondments in the Big 3...cant tell u abt. Yousaf Adil though...
So there are equal number of secondments offered in both FRSH and THK? the reason i am asking is that have a friend in FRSH and he is of the view that FRSH offers loads of secondments whereas THK does not offer that much..
Thanks Saracen for providing information.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Saracen</i>
<br />There is now an increasing trend in sending trainees on secondment to various countries. For example, KPMG sends its trainees to Middle East if they are competent and have appropriate qualification (which can be ACCA or Mod E qualified). I know that trainees from KPMG have been send to Ireland who were Mod F qualified or had given Mod F attempt. So there is good deal of incentive in KPMG as far as secondments are concerned....FRSH also offer secondment on same basis and criteria...My buddies have been to various countries who have qualified Mod E...presently my firm (AFF) has also started secondments to its trainees but the main criteria is Mod E pass with exception record of jobs...so it means that there are a lot of secondments in the Big 3...cant tell u abt. Yousaf Adil though...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yousuf Adil has been sending its trainees on secondments to many gulf, Central asian, and some european countries since ages.

BTW Many years back there used to be a term Big 6, then due to merger of C&L and PW Big 5 emerged, later a firm was closed due to Enron scandal, this time we started hearing about Big 4 upto now. Please tell me why there is a term like Big 3. Nevertheless top 10 top 2 and top 5 etc bears no question.
ina,

I certainly cannot comment in much detail.

However, in Pakistan, what you have heard is almost a reality. There is virtually no concept of big 4 here in Pakistan. As far as worldwide ranking is concerned, the international firm affiliated to number 4 (exclaimed to be in Pakistan) is at number 2. Worldwide, it is not at number 4. Worldwide ranking (excluding USA) is as under

1. PWC
2. Deloitte
3. E & Y
4. KPMG
5. BDO
6. Grant Thornton
7. Nexia International (proposed post merger with SCI)
8. Baker and Tilly

Regards,

Kamran.
Kamran

what i have analysed is that almost same is the ranking of firms here in Pakistan as worldwide ranking. Big four have not only tagged their names to the local firms but they have implemented their quality standards and latest IT tools as well. Additionally clients and other biz gurues are also well aware of these facts and they are awarding contracts (for services) accordingly. One, who is in the profession, can easily estimate the countrywide business of member firms of big four which gives an idea that big four are also big four here in Pakistan with almost same rankings. There may be a little argument for number second between KPMG pakistan and Deloitte Pakistan. Deloitte karachi, as far as i know, has edge over KPMG Karachi.

Regards
how do you ensure that you get selected for secondments?
TC
its a much needed question from all of my peers and seniors who r either working in an audit firm or in any kind of accountancy profession, what is the eligibility criteria in FRSH AND MYASCO, i have passed ACCA F1-F8 and applied for both the firms but didnt received any call from FRSH and waiting for a call from MYASCO, i just want to know the probability or possiblity of being selected in MYASCO (M. Yousuf Adil Saleem & Co.) am currently working at BDO Ebrahim and Co. and have worked for a year in Riaz Ahmed Saqib Gohar and Co.