Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Star of David on Pakistani Flag (by GEO TV)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A program (Hamarey Mutabiq by Dr. Shahid Masood) was aired on Geo TV on the eve of Pakistan ’s 60th Independence day where guests from both India and Pakistan were invited for discussion and included Sheikh Rasheed, Syed Mushahid Hussain and Mirza Aslam Baig from Pakistan side.

The backstage was a TV screen showing flags of Pakistan and India . The Pakistani flag showed Star of David (Jewish sign) instead of the regular five-pointed star.

This, if unintentional, is a serious blunder on part of Geo TV and they should apologize to the nation as they make a mockery of Pakistan ’s identity in front of all world.

Please forward this email to all your contacts and pressurize Geo for an apology.
Dears,

In my view, actually people were concentrating on discussion and not on the backstage. Even I viewed both sessions of this programme on 14 and 15 August but could not pick this point. I have no doubt to beleive that muslims of any country cannot have the pro-jew school of thought and as such no body should deliberatly change the star or anyother sign of his own nation's flag.

I dont exactly know what might have happened since I am not the witness of any such jewish sign but, still, inadvertent mistakes are not to be punished. This has ever been a basic human law. Even inadvertent murders are forgiven on this basis. The question would be of accepting it or not accepting it as an inadvertent act.

There is also another problem for us. This pertains to our pre-set minds based upon suspecious thoughts and doubted strategies. This is not only confined to Pakistan but also to so many other people around us in this global village. If some one has watched the inidan movie "GHULAM-E-MUSTAFA" he/she must remember a scene where the character Ghulam-e-Mustafa called the son of a Hindu as "VIKRAM" and at that very moment this name sounded to the hindu mother of VIKRAM as "AKRAM". And she became extremely worried that Ghulam-e-Mustafa is endeavoring to convert her son VIKRAM into AKRAM by preaching him Islam. I always cant help laughing when I see this scene.

So, there might be some issue of the same nature while evaluating the star on the backstage of programme hosted by Dr. Shahid Masood and Barkha Dutt on Geo Channel.

However, I must say that there could either be a possibility of mis-judging the star by some viewrs or some inadvertent act from hosting people. But in my view one needs not to portray any jewish sign on Pakistan's flag. We cant blame any one's intentions while he/she is a pakistani as well as muslim.

If anything has happened inadvertently, we hope it should not happen in future.

However, considering it to be some possible mistake on any end, I think there is no need to call for such a strict forgiveness.

Some of you might have also noticed the color of Pakistani flag on some newly printed currency note as red or maroon. This appears to be a turkish flag. Still, SBP has not taken any action to amend it.

Best regards,

Kamran.
I have not witnessed the program, neither have heard about any such thing. However, when Amir has mentioned so I think some mistake like that has been made.

In my personal opinion the resemblance with Jewish six-cornered Sign of David would have been a coincidence.

I guess such blunders are not to be committed by TV channels. Another thing that many others might have noted is that in the news flash scrolling in the bottom there are often words which have not been spelled correctly. I have seen such examples on Geo and Ptv. I don't think any professionalism has margin for such blunders.
Dear Shaoib I have 2 Pictures of that program which are edivence of the mistake made by GEO...If you ask, then I will mail them to you..

I also recieved this email from a group and after seeing pictures I post this topic here

Regards,
Muhammad Amir
I never meant that it did not happen, however, I would like to see it. My id is schuaeb1@yahoo.com
i hv not seen the program or the clips but i believe that happened due to the mistake of the set designer . . .
even if it was intentional we can not prove it . . . [)]

i think there r more important issues at hand than there being a extra star on the paki flag . . .
such as the molvis who r misguiding the public by wrongly quoting the Quran n Hadits on television . . .
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">such as the molvis who r misguiding the public by wrongly quoting the Quran n Hadits on television .<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Exactly!! these type of people are neither sincare with our nation nor with their own Akhirah...

God Bless us from these type of people and please don't call them as molves(A humble request)

Regards,
Muhammad Amir