Accountancy Forum

Full Version: SC CONTEMPT NOTICE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Honourable Supreme Court of Pakistan has issued a contempt notice to Dr. Sher Afghan a Parliamentary Secretary. The Supreme Court inherits a deep respect in mind of educated and honest people of this country. The illiterate, semi literate and masses from different walk of life joined in it recently when a brave chief of the Supreme Court refused to become another Dr. Abdul Qadeer and stood brave. It touched heart of masses as if it was their own voice. The politician parties for many years had totally failed to move the ordinary masses without often tall claim and millions marches. The masses at their own, without any call, without any supervision of any leaders came out not caring of day or night, sun or rain but just to silently salute the brave symbol of judiciary.

In my personal view the SC in the first instance should not had taken any note of statement of Dr. Sher Afghan as the honour and respect of SC today stands so high and deep in heart of masses that few words of people like Sher Afgan do not reach even to the foot of SC. Dr. Afghan well knows the law. He remembers the clauses of Constitution even while sleeping. In my personal view seeing his insecure political future in the coming set up he has adopted the old technique to get popularity. Experience is that if from third world if any one does not get UK visa for a rightly visit, he can raise a stern voice against his own ruling government, get into the jail and this will help him in getting a London Visa. Sher Afghan has used the same technique. He wanted to become a “shaheed” through this way and any subsequent jail, if sentenced. In our part of the world one who goes to jail gets an authenticated stamp of his being a popular leader. I am afraid if he is sentenced he will surely succeed in next election as a “political shaheed” and on his sentenced many more may follow his suit.

Now that SC has take note of contempt, as a tax payer citizen I humbly pray that the SC may kindly consider if Dr. Sher Afghan made those remarks as Parliamentary Secretary or at his personal capacity. If his remarks are as Parliamentary Secretary then if convicted he should then not be entitled to contest the election. The Indian Supreme Court a few years back declared that in future any loss caused to the State due to any negligence will be recovered from personal pocket of concerned negligent government servant. Our Federal Ombudsman termed this decision of Indian SC as a land mark judgment. Unfortunately such things remain land mark for us only to appreciate but not such good things applicable to us. In case the remarks of Dr. Sher Afghan are as Parliamentary Secretary, it is prayed that SC may declare that all legal charges including lawyer fees are paid by Dr. Sher Afghan personally and not from the national exchequer.
i think that he is not given this statement by his mind
, but someone(President) behind him enforce to say against SC.

what u think?