Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Recommend Me Books For Module-D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salamz and Ramzan Mubarak to all brothers and sisters,

Plz guide me for helping books/study material for module-d's following subjects-

1) Company Law
2) Cost Accounting
3) Auditing
4) I.T

Plz share ur schedule if u have appeared in module-D exam. And ur experience and also guide for any subject which need special attention and more revision then others. And helpfull TIPS will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance for reading my POST and helping me out.

Company Law
Companies Ordinance 1984...and get summary of sections prepared by Mr. Faisal Ahmed
Costing
100 Q&A...ICAP past papers and regular classes
Auditing
Standards + Javaid Zuberi
IT
Get Mr. Owais Ahmed notes with BPP study text

This scheme got me passed in first attempt...hope it does you good...mubeeen
The books I studied when I attempted module D are

Company Law Company Law by PAC, although its quiet brief, yet the paper can be passed by using this book and it will require three times lesser hard work as compared to studying the Companies Ordinance. However if you have time Companies Ordinance may be a good choice. The book on company law by ATFL is also like by students. I only used PAC's book and easily passed in my first attempt.

Auditing International Standards on Auditing by PAC is once again a short cut choice for passing this paper. It may not comprehensively explain the standards at various occasions; however, I and many students manage the paper by using this book. Auditing by Milli Champ is another good book for this purpose. Remember, Auditing is about concepts once you get its concepts its the easiest paper of Mod D otherwise it may prove to be a hard nut to crack.

Cost Accounting This is once again the matter of concepts and arithmetic abilities, for this purpose effective coaching may be vital (coaching is also significant in case of Auditing). Different books are used for different topics
Costing by Emile Wolf for Process account and some other topics
Study Text (PBP) for decision making
Mat Usry and Past Papers for practicing
In addition to above students also like Cost Accounting by Collin Drewry.

For IT study text is enough.

Every body may have his/her own experience but I found Module D easiest of the first four modules.

I don't mind saying WELCOME for your thanks in advance

Regards
Shoaib