Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACMA VS ACCA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dears,
I would like to ask from all of u which is better ACMA or ACCA
Plz comment.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
ACMA is the best.
(because every potter praises his own pot.)
Earlier we have seen more than one example of comparaing qualifications turning into endless debates.

However, still I would dare to put forward my point, which is bases on my littlest of experience and is based mainly of what I have come to know from others.

ACMA is a tough job, it requires a lot of hard work. By saying that I may not mean that it is tougher than ACCA. I am trying to tell the uncertanity that surrounds your result even after a lot of hard work, that may equvate CA. But the return you get may not be as promising. I mean this profession may be more demanding than its worth in the market.

Case of ACCA is slightly better. Hard work is more correlated with chances of success. And with ACCA gaining more popularity and accepatability in the market and being a horizon for entering into other local and international qualifications would make my choice among the too.

Again I will say no body should take any decision on the basis of my thinking as I have never been the student of either and may be totally wrong while assessing the things
I think ACCA is best.

Because This is a highly rewarding field.
You study here and practice your qualification in any country of the world.The field of ACCA offers rapid growth to its professionals.

But Everyone has its own skills and you better know in which
field you are more appropriate.
i think you should go and decide which you want to become...

Thanks
Muhammad Asim Saeed
After seeing lot of debates in these topics I will agree with Shoaib that these debates are endless and I also agree with Astute Accountant that every potter praises his own pot its something natural...

But I will say here one thing that, whether this is CA,ACCA or CIMA they all are route towards your further career and these qualifications only provide you a platform for further professional development...

when talking about market situation now things are changing quite rapidly because employers seek those professionals who are value addition to their organisation even if you are not ACA, ACCA or ACMA but still you can gain a much better position in any organisation on the basis of your personal skills...

Regards,
Muhammad Amir
Dears,

Contrary to the analysis of Shoaib, I think there are certain exemptions available to ACMA as well locally and internationally. In Pakistan, still ACMA is relatively better than ACCA in finding key posts in governmantal organizations/public sector. However, in private sector of Pakistan, both are s far endeavoring to find a place. This is not to degared any qualification by the way.

Internationally speaking, CIMA of UK is equally good and gets certain exemptions from other qualifications. However, internationally, ACCA also has a good repute and oppurtunities. This statement is not in comparison of any better qualification like CA or CPA, rather it is particularly focussed on ACCA.

I agree to Amir partially that, whether this is {CA},ACCA or CIMA they all are route towards your further career and these qualifications only provide you a platform for further professional development.

In my view this above statement of Amir is correct about qualifications like ACCA, ACMA, CIMA etc. But in my view, CA, CPA and CFA are in their ownself a career (instead of route to a career) and are a focussed professional development (instead of plateform for professional development).

Regards,

Kamran.

Dear Mr KamranACA once again your post shows your conservative view towards other qualifications, however as far as my knowledge is concerned i don't think that CA(of ICAP) contains anything Extra-Ordinary which prevails it over others.

Dear Mr can you prove how you put your CA(of ICAP) with prestigeous names like CFA or CPA its something absurd...

The Subjects which form part of ACCA Curriculum can never be seen by CAs in their dreams...I do not wish to repeat things you can see my previous posts with open mind...

In previous threads I try to prove things to you but what can i do for those who think with close minds...

Regards,
Dears,

What a joke is this. All over Pakistan ACCAs get tutions from ICAP's CAs and this poor guy says that CAs cant even think what has been included in ACCA booklets. I cant help laughing, though I want to control it as it is not admired in Islam.

And Mr. Amir (most open minded man), I dont have to prove anything to you.

Time is near to prove you the things. Remember my words, then, you would be seeking guidnace to further course of action.

You (poor ACCA) will have to take years to know what a common CA knows beforehand. It's not self-admiration, believe you me.

Never forget !!! Although your main concern is not profession.

Regards,

Kamran.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Dears,

Contrary to the analysis of Shoaib, I think there are certain exemptions available to ACMA as well locally and internationally. In Pakistan, still ACMA is relatively better than ACCA in finding key posts in governmantal organizations/public sector. However, in private sector of Pakistan, both are s far endeavoring to find a place. This is not to degared any qualification by the way.

Kamran.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Very right Kamran. I justed tried to compare the hard work with reward. No as I am not a student of either so I need to depend upon the information given by friends. Why ACMA when you can get full ACMA exempt after qualifying CIMA. The time and effort required for CIMA is reasonably lesser. I am not very well aware of the job opportunies available to ACMAs, however, he littlest I have seen is the that the jobs for this field are not very promising. Future of ACCA is still to be decided in Pakistan.

By calling ACCA route to international qualification, I meant that it was more suited for those who plan to have a career abroad.
Dear Shoaib,

You are right. ACCA's future is yet to be decided in Pakistan. It does not, however, make it a lesser important qualification.

I also agree that CIMA is better than ACMA.

However, ACMA is so far better than ACCA, in Pakistan.

As far as job oppurtunities are concerned, you cannot compare ACMA with CA in Pakistan, still however, in public/government sector mainly jobs are filled with ACMAs. The main reason being CAs normally dont accept such jobs due to lesser remuneration and professional growth.

Regards,

Kamran.

Right Kamran Sb. Just another thing on which I would like to have you point of view is the comparision between the amount of effort you have to put for ACMA and the reward you get afterwards. There definitely is got to be some justification. I mean no doubt CA is tough, however, it worth all that. So what about ACMA, I have heard about uncertanities surrounding one's result after putting good effort. I am asking just for clarification in my mind as before this I regarded ACMA as somenothing not advisable
Guys, please let me know which ACMA are you people talking about? Is it Pakistan’s ACMA (I mean the associate member of ICMAP)?
And are those ACMAs in such a pitiable condition so as to accept the jobs left by ACAs? Then why so many people join ICMAP every year? Why don’t they better join ICAP?
Is it going to be case of ACMA (Associate Chartered Management Accountant) from UK, too? Will they have to serve under the benefaction of ACAs???????????
I guess the ACMA we are discussing here is Pakistan's ACMA (ICMAP). Anyone may his own reasons to join ICMAP. As compared to CA (ICAP) its lesser costly, it has a comparatively shorter duration and may be its easier to qualify
Here we go again, we seem to go in loops on this forum, good fresh perspective though
@ Pracs
Nice to see you after such a long time. Welcome Back....!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3