Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Do You Know - 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<b>" Where use start and where begin "</b>

«To begin at the beginning It is spring, moonless night in the small town, starless and bible-black…» The two verbs «start» and «begin» are like so many couples in the English language a really troublesome pair because of the problem of choosing the right one for the appropriate use and occasion. Take these two sentences for example

«I've started to learn English and I've begun to learn English». Which one would you choose? Well, I have a theory about these verbs which I want to try out in order to test its validity. The difference really lies in the nature of the two words. «Begin» has a sense of leisure and «start» has the idea of urgency. They both obviously indicate the idea of commencing — don't ask me to explain that word's relationship with the pair, suffice it to say that it covers both meanings — but there is a difference in interpretation. «Start» gives the idea of suddenness. In fact if you were sitting in a room and say half asleep and you were unaware that there was anybody else there, you would say if you unexpectedly heard or saw them.

Thanks

Muhammad Asim Saeed
Asim I should call it a nice effort as sharing of knowledge is something commendable. And many beginners may get benefit from your post. However, it mainly sounds like a revision excersise for you.

I just have one suggestion in this regard, though it takes nothing from me, but it will be more productive for the forum and user of your information that if you continue in a single thread instead of starting a new thread every time.
Thanks for the suggestion. Actually I'm also feeling my this act of placing a new thread.

Inshallah tomarrow i will make a new thread of the name
"Learn English" and daily post a reply with a new topic to this thread only.

Thanks once again.

Muhammad Asim Saeed
Yes I agree with Shoaib...and keep it up Asim...
Good effort SHSaeed.

Keep it up!!!

Regards,
I Delete All The Threads Naming "Do You Know--" and transfer them
into a new thread "Learn English - See Daily a New Topic"

Muhammad Asim Saeed
Asim I hope there won't be anything for you to mind in my suggestion. I may be wrong and suggested what I thought was right. Our decisions should be made after considering the comfort of majority and I find your knew thread "Learn English" a better way
Dear Schuaeb Bhai
i never mind about your suggestion.
it is absolutely right and i also like your suggestion
because it is the best way for the other to learn about English
within only one thread instead of finding different threads.
I also say that your suggestion is the most important part of
my this effort because you give me the right path to how
to deliver a particular knowledge to others.

Once Again Thanks For Your Suggestion.

Muhammad Asim Saeed