Accountancy Forum

Full Version: MYASCO & FRSH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
its a much needed question from all of my peers and seniors who r either working in an audit firm or in any kind of accountancy profession, what is the eligibility criteria in FRSH AND MYASCO, i have passed ACCA F1-F8 and applied for both the firms but didnt received any call from FRSH and waiting for a call from MYASCO, i just want to know the probability or possiblity of being selected in MYASCO (M. Yousuf Adil Saleem & Co.) am currently working at BDO Ebrahim and Co. and have worked for a year in Riaz Ahmed Saqib Gohar and Co.
Both of the firms you mentioned according to my knowledge recruit complete ACCAs, and preference normally is given to CA studens
any more replies
At least not from me
well one of my freinds has completed upto 2.6 and had appeared in 3.1 and 3.4 papers a year ago when he got articles in FRSH.
May be criterias r getting strong as secondment chances get higher.
Alishan you need to clarify that whether your friend got recruited on the basis of some sound reference or not? I think a student with such qualification can only be recruited there if he has got some sound reference.

As per my personal observation now a days its comparatively tougher to get articles in big firms as compared to the situation which was there a couple of years back
exactly schuaeb i have also observed the same around 2 yrs back it was a totally different story firms were inducting trainees even 2.3passed(FRSH) and 2.2passed(MYASCO).
This in my view is due to the reason that for past some time firms have inducted more students than they normally do. It was perhaps due to the reason they forsee more work coming for which they never wanted to be short of students. So, it seems quite natural that recruitment will remain on a lower side for some time. This is my personaly observation on the basis of which I have drawn this conclusion.