Accountancy Forum

Full Version: How is a perfect accountant??????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What should be the characteristics of a good/perfect and successful accountant?

(Only) Positive ideas would be much appreciated…………… )
<b>Expertise</b>
<u>Technical</u> Knows accounting principles as well as taxation

<u>Management</u> Knows the principles and techniques of business management and administration.

<u>Language</u> Speaks well and writes well. Spells accurately and has good grammar.

<b>Personal Characteristics</b>
<u>Dress</u> Dresses for success, wearing conservative, high quality clothing. Shines shoes.

<u>Personal image</u> Well groomed, clean. Moderate length or short hair, clean fingernails.

<u>Integrity</u> An accountant sells two things time and integrity. Has high personal standards of honesty and lives by the organization's high standards. Personal life is consistent with working life's standards.

<u>Confidence</u> Has self-confidence but is not overbearing. Relaxed.

<u>Service orientation</u> Always looking to serve others and help solve their problems.

<u>Office/workspace</u> Neat, organized, inviting. Comfortable.

<u>Personal hygiene</u> No smell, no bad breath. Good posture. Moderate, pleasant voice. No loud or expansive gestures. Looks healthy and full of energy. Is not sleepy or bored on the job.

<u>Attitude</u> Positive. Willing to work. Excited to solve problems.

<u>Pleasant personality</u> Gets along with everyone, including difficult personalities.

<u>Creative</u> Finds creative solutions to problems. Visualizes alternative solutions.

<b>Disciplined Resource Management</b>

<u>Money</u> Not extravagant with company funds or personal funds. Personal finances are in order.

<u>Time</u> Uses time effectively and efficiently. This is absolutely essential. Accountants sell their time; expertise and knowledge help, but there must be time to use it. Those who are not good time managers will not be successful accountants.

<b>Etiquette</b>

Sends thank-you notes.
Introduces people.
Uses common courtesy at all times.
Punctual; does not make others wait.
Knows when to stand up in respect of others.
Able to manage meetings and end them gracefully on time.
Attends to details.

Hope This Is Much For You Topic.

Thanks

Muhammad Asim Saeed
Every thing has been discussed by shaikh sahib however one thing left which is "Fear Of Allah" when charging fee to the client(If Auditor), when entering himself or herself in interest based transactions etc etc...

Regards,
Amir Bhai do u please explain the "Fear Of Allah"
Actually i do not clearly understand this.

Thanks With Regards

Muhammad Asim Saeed
Amir this fee, though in millions sometimes, is charged to multinationals and large organizations, so is not a big concern of them.

Jab hamari bari aai fee charge kernay ki tou u have start suggesting ke Khuda ka khauf khain, iss se pehle kahain thay aap. Just kiddin
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Jab hamari bari aai fee charge kernay ki tou u have start suggesting ke Khuda ka khauf khain, iss se pehle kahain thay aap<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Shoaib I hope you will not be charging huge fee to clients like me....however, Big Fishes ki KHAL UTARNAY KI IJAZAT HAY [)]
Bhai big fish ho ya small fish hamari tou chorian taiz hain
There is also a fact that if you charge at low then it will
represent you as low standard company.
For maintaining your reputation in the market you have to
give good features and also demand money as higher and higher.

Muhammad Asim Saeed
Important point raised Asim.
Thanks for the discussion buddies!!!!!
But I meant to ask about the degree of honesty that an accountant may ought to have. E.g., should an accountant be honest to the firm to which he is engaged or should he bear in mind the interest of public at large when his honesty to his firm may prove to be aginst the interest of the public????
It Depends upon the situation I mean if a person is engaged as auditor in any firm and he suspects that there is some thing wrong which must be disclosed to public then he first need to ask from management about their view point and if management refuses to rectify the problem then the auditor should disclose this in his audit report auditor should also consider the leave the audit of that company...

Regarding Accountant as you know that accountant is paid employee of a company and therefore has no duty to address public and that if any thing wrong has been done by management he can never go to public to address the outcomes of management "HARKATS"...

Reporting and addressing is not the duty of him however corporate governance has changed this to a greater extent...

Regards,
Muhammad Amir
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Astute Accountant</i>
<br />Thanks for the discussion buddies!!!!!
But I meant to ask about the degree of honesty that an accountant may ought to have. E.g., should an accountant be honest to the firm to which he is engaged or should he bear in mind the interest of public at large when his honesty to his firm may prove to be aginst the interest of the public????
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I think in this case you should prefer which is the most
on RIGHT.
Comparison For Honesty Is Not Based On Firm Or Public's Interest
It Based On ISLAMIC LAWS , That Is You Must Prefer Those
Who Are On Right.

I Think You Give Some Conditions As Examples Then We Will Better
Discuss.

Muhammad Asim Saeed Sheikh
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Muhammad Amir</i>
<br />It Depends upon the situation I mean if a person is engaged as auditor in any firm and he suspects that there is some thing wrong which must be disclosed to public then he first need to ask from management about their view point and if management refuses to rectify the problem then the auditor should disclose this in his audit report auditor should also consider the leave the audit of that company...

Regarding Accountant as you know that accountant is paid employee of a company and therefore has no duty to address public and that if any thing wrong has been done by management he can never go to public to address the outcomes of management "HARKATS"...

Reporting and addressing is not the duty of him however corporate governance has changed this to a greater extent...

Regards,
Muhammad Amir
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Agreed