Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Question on GST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can any one please tell me that

our company has sales tax exemption from FBR.

If any courier company sends bill for courier charges...if it includes GST...Is it right ???

I personally think he should not include GST in the bill as we have exemption certificate.

Waiting for your urgent reply....

Please also e-mail me at khurram.shahid@live.com

Regards
There is no need to charge you sales tax if you are exempted from sales tax.
Inform your suppliers and present them your sales tax exemption certificate if they need it.

Best Wishes
Zia ur Rahman
<b><font color="green">
Thanks Dear</font id="green"></b>
I am not agreed with above because there is no section which allows you sales tax exemption certificate. therefore, courier service is justified for levying sales tax on invoices.

regards
Thank you Masood for your comments.

But Mr. Khurram Jamal has mentioned that they have obtained sales tax exemption certificate.
I shall request him to kindly explain how did you find sales tax exemption certificate?

Thanks & Regards
Zia ur Rahman

I am reader of this form but not regular , but today i have noted in this point,

Is there any exemption certificate of SALES TAX ? plz reply me, coz i hear first time.

Thanks & Regards,

Abdul Samad
In my view or as far as I have studied I didn't find anything in Sales Tax Act regarding Sales Tax exemption. Provisions about expemption of withholding tax are there in Income Tax Ordinance. I don't know if thing have changed after that.
hain exemption crtificate for Sales Tax, r u Agha khan hospital or united nations if u r not this then what u are plz also brief me the procedure for obtaining sales tax exemption certificate
salam 2 all
sales tax exemption is provided to some institutions mentioned in annextures, but courier services aren't exempted.
i think zer-rating of sales tax is being confused by exemption in sales tax??????????????
need clarification.
Hi Sallam,
In Sales Tax Act, Business can not exempt from Sales Tax, Goods can exempt from sales tax. Its mean FBR can not issue Exemption certificate to any Company or business.

Some time some goods are taxable but in some scenarios these will be exempt.
For example, some goods are taxable but when u sales these goods to the charitable hospital having more then 50 beds, these will be exempt.
If Co X fails to deduct and deposit the income tax under section 153 of Co B. And later the Co B files his return for tax year and pays his all tax due.

Then Co X is liable to pay the original or they have to pay only additional tax @ 18%.

Please study complete section 153, Please reply flashly.
Shahbaz, Wheather company X fails to deduct tax or not u/s 153,
It shall have two effects on both the companies;
EFFECT ON COMPANY B It would neither debar Company B from tax obligation nor it shall have any effect on return file by it,Since company B's profit is assumed to be taxable & if any company deducts its tax then company B will be subjected to adjust the same at the time of filling its return,
EFFECT ON COMPANY X
Company X shall not be required to pay any additional tax or penality, since additional tax & penality does not applicable on section 153, But if any company fails to deduct Tax under section 149 - 158 & 232, if applicable, then all such payments/ expenditures shall become inadmissible while calculating taxable income. i.e. all such payments will be added back to the taxable income or alternatively it may be said that such payments, on which Tax has not been deducted, will become the part of income & will accordingly be treated as taxable income.

Best Regards
<i><font color="blue"><b>I am talking with reference of an NGO. My problem was solved. Actually NGO is exempeted from such tax but Courier and other Bussiness Entitites must be deducted tax</b></font id="blue"></i>
Khoda phara nikla choha..hahahha

Abdul Samad
Good
Pages: 1 2