Accountancy Forum

Full Version: KARACHI BLAST AND SECURITY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Much has recently been asked about security particularly after the recent blast in Karachi. The reports have started coming that allegedly due to haste or under some design vital signs which could lead to proper investigation have gone wasted. I am the one from amongst those who believe true and true outcome of this drama will never come out and new thing will happen and talk will as usual cover to that one forgetting this one.

Security is never on our agenda. For security only means (i) protection of VVIPs and (ii) not “allowing or giving permission” to any one for playing with life and property of people. Three years back the truly honest free lance journalist Mr. Ardeshir Cowasje revealed in his column the scandal of unique way of balloting of Port Qassim Industrial Plots. Perforce the authorities had to show some “investigation”. The plot balloting was done through the hands of Sindh Governor hence logically there was top security arrangements. To show that balloting was “shafaf” the whole ceremony was video recorded. The video showed two “beared” persons on the dice performing the “balloting”. When time came for recording their statements the SITE who arranged the balloting denied those two performing balloting were their men. The SITE authorities stated they were the National Bank employee. In return the National Bank took the stand that they had only provided the computer with programme those performing were not their employees. The SITE took the stand they took those two bearded persons as coming with NBP and NBP contended since the whole ceremony was of SIT hence for them they were SITE people. It never came later if those two were ever traced (or it was desired to be traced them) (these things are done with very deep foolproof planning]. If we can not trace out video recorded people how can we trace the actual men from such scene as of 18th October.

Recently a retired Squardon Leader through his letter showing his concern about security aspects has disclosed that intelligence agencies have reportedly found that in thefts etc guards of private security firms and of police are involved in some cases. Few months back an Overseas Pakistani in late night hours was looted at Rashid Minhas Road. When they had gone the Taxi driver showing sympathies to the OP suggested him to go to police straight instead of home. The OP agreed. On reaching Police Station the passenger recorded his complaint with Police and raised his finger towards the Taxi driver that he suspected him. The Police arrested him and within two three hours the Taxi driver admitted those who looted were policemen from Police Station near Buhadarabad.

As a senior 25 years experienced uniformed person abroad, I once knocked the door of Manager Habib Bank. With my respect I told him that his bank gunman with gun hanging on his shoulder was busy in serving tea and tracing papers from strong room to counters whereas his gun just in two second can be snatched from him. The Manager abruptly stopped me shouting that I was merely an account holder and the bank security was none of my business. I reported this to HBL Head Office never to get any response. Last year after getting wrong stationery in Saving Centers handed over to me by illiterate security guards when I brought this to notice of National Savings Regional Office Karachi and Central Directorate Islamabad no body had even time just to write a line of thanks.