Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Secondments in MYASCO ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys!
My name is ALISHAN and I am an ACCA student.I previously did my M.com and now have completed
8 papers of ACCA and am appearing for 3 more papers in december. I took above 70 marks in each paper of 2.3,2.4, and 2.5 and am now appearing for F8,P1 and P2.
In recent years, I have noticed so many accountancy student (ACCA/CA) going to Middle-East and Uk on SECONDMENTS mainly offered by FORD-RHODES and KPMG in Pakistan.
I intend to start articleship after this attempt and wanted to know if MYASCO( Delloitte Pakistan) also offers some secondment opportunities. Moreover I have also heard of some bad publicity of MYASCO by some accounting students although this is a BIG4 affiliate firm.
I shall be thankful if you couls guide me well.
Please remember we are all professional accountancy students and I expect you all to respect every professional accounting body following IFAC Code of Ethics.
<b>I live in LAHORE</b>
ALISHAN
Almost every student of MYASCO (Lahore) gets the secondment opportunity, and the reason is the fewer number of students, however this international exposure is limited to middle east only...
If you have heard its bad publicity in terms of exam leaves etc, then it is true...current students of MYASCO claims that the things have improved a bit...apart from that if someone publicize it in bad terms other than exam leaves then bear in mind that you will find "almost" the same culture all around, like late sittings, work load...moreover every firm has its own negatives and positives...In my opinion one should consider joining it if he does not get a chance in remaining big3 affiliates...
Maani its nice to see you back on the forum after quite some, I guess you must have been busy with your official assignments and studies bala bala.

However, I should say, your opinion regarding MYASCO has one again changed.
Thx Schuaeb...not that much bz in studies, in fact the long distant assignments and out-stationz made me remain out of touch with such activities...

My opinion has not changed, rather I have modified my opinion a bit about it...being a student, study leave is a very important matter, remaining matters are not that much...Baki you will find almost the same professional culture with slight differences...this is what I have learned...
tHANX TO all of you for guidance.
But i had 5 exemptions, so will it affect my chances at Big4 although i got good marks in papers i apperaed for.