Accountancy Forum

Full Version: PUBLIC WARNINGS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once again Government is considering 5 days a week as was done in the past in the name of saving energy and administrative costs. In the developed countries such modern thinking is used and in effect rationally used which brings real benefits to the nation. In our case these are just for vested interests like in this case 2-days holiday only for rest home. How much the earlier numerous schemes introduced in 60 years in the name of reduction in administrative expenses, reduction in foreign loans, increasing the efficiency through costly computers, creation of complaints over super complaint cells in the name of easing public life have brought any remotest practical benefit or saving? Last week shocking statement from Governor State Bank part of General Musharraff’s team is a specimen when she said that the loans level have reached to dangerous levels.

Five day a week was in 90s introduced which very badly failed. I raised an issue with the Federal Ombudsman that most of Divisional Engineers Phones in Karachi remained absent from their offices leaving the subscribers whole day waiting on Saturdays, a working day in PTCL, in the name of attending Hearings in Ombudsman office which in fact remained closed on Saturdays. I just got an acknowledgment number for my future correspondence but no progress or outcome on my complaint. When after a long waiting I enquired from the dealing officer at Ombudsman Office the progress or outcome, I got a shock when the “learned” supposedly-judicious officer told me “you have added nothing new for taking up the matter afresh as appeal”. What a wonderful response. When and what was the original decision that I would need for appeal? It would not surprise me if in our today’s reformed-good-governessed and highly-internationally-respectable status I still find DEPs or for that matter any other officials attending Hearings at Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Choudhary’s judges colony.