Accountancy Forum

Full Version: 4Ws of ICAEW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi There

Most of us are aware that ICAEW has launched its international ACA programme in Pakistan, their website mentions that it will be launched in 2008 and the scheme is also open to CIMA and ACCA members as well. Nevertheless it does not seem clear that

1- Where they have opened their office(s)?
2- When they will exactly conduct the first examination?
3- Who will conduct the exam, i.e. themselves, british council or ICAP?
4- Why is not my question [)]

Best regards,
INA
Assalam o Alekum,
There can be only one answer to all the three questions n thats ICAP cuz ICAEW will be giving the training to ICAP students n members )
Dear,

Please write to ICAEW and get the correct answer.

If you get, let us know as well.

If you don't have to ask ICAEW, let me know, I will do it for you.

Regards,

Kamran.
Thanks Kamran

It takes more than 15 days receiving answer to our query from ICAEW. I've written some initial questions it gives good information so that I was able to see that cost of exemptions is not that much high as it was thought by many peers and it is equal to the examination fee (i.e Str 50 to Str 70. Moreovere the program is open to other qualified folks such as CIMAs and ACCAs.

After reading the response some further questions arose which I've mentioned in the original post. I've sent the same questions to ICAEW but coz of being keen to know early I have posted the same here so that nowledgeable persons like you may give their input.

Regards

INA
Dear Ina,

Please let me know what ICAEW replies to your queries, as I am also too much keen to take it up in the earliest.

It's good to have such a good qualification renowned worldover.

I am also keen to know what is the procedure for a firm to get the accreditation / approval from ICAEW for training its students, as already 6 or 7 firms have obtained in Pakistan till now.

Any body knowing this may please apprise?

Regards,

Kamran.

Sir Kamran would you please throw some light on the fact that why ICAEW is giving same exemptions to ACCA 12 papers passed students as it gives to ICAP memebers.KIa ACCA k 12 papers ICAP k 20 papers k braber hai.
Dear Khani,

Apart from the worth of any qualification (which is not being discussed here), the bi-lateral exemptions carry so many political issues.

If ACCAs ar given exemption up to module C by ICAP it may also carry same issues. I always said that every one strives to protect his own-self at first. Like-wise, there are so many members of ACCA who are now members of ICAEW and IFAC. They naturally strive to get their-selves protected. As they do in Pakistan, ACCAs are also much worried to get ICAEW exemptions at UK and they always quote it as an achievement to get such exemptions. This, in my view, again supports what I always say.

Now specifically coming to your point. If you concentrate you will come to know that even the current exemptions allowed by ICAEW are due to a Memorandum of Understanding recently signed by presidents of both institutes. Before this, even this number was not available. Although it is good to have bi-lateral exemption by institutes of same importance and prestige, still, ICAP members (at large) were not "too" much worried about it and only those were more anxious who wish to move to UK or who wish to enhance the base of their qualification. I again say it is good to have international qualification of same or diversified area from some prestigious institute.

This situation before signing of MOU cannot at all lead any one to construe that ICAP was below the standard. Rather, this is an issue of diplomatic efforts, concerns, specific importance for each other, necessities, pressure groups and so on.

I always agree that ICAEW is most prestigious qualification in the world. However, ICAEW member (for being in practice in Pakistan) requires to qualify certain number of papers of ICAP. Might be two or three. It is materially same what ICAEW has recently allowed to Pakistanis. Therefore, it means that now both institutes are considering each other roughly on equivalent basis. In contrast if ACCAs are given exemptions up to module C by ICAP, again it could mean some political, diplomatic or other issues. Pressure groups, dislikings and protecting own-selves have to remain a common reality.

Whenever I say CA is better than ACCA, I don’t make my conclusion based upon what exemptions ICAP gives to it. I always quote market demand specific reasons and compare it with CAs in terms of jobs, market, salaries, key posts, knowledge, exposure and so on.

You are an ACCA (most probably Affiliate), you can go to market and check your demand. You will certainly come to know that what I say is correct. I don’t again say that you will not get a job. Rather I say compare the available opportunities with what i available to CAs.

By the way I don’t exactly know how many papers ACCA have in total.

Hope the question is answered.

Regards,

Kamran.
THANK GOD IM DOING ACCA ...[p]
Good for you.

Regards,

Kamran
Ina,

Is there any outcome of your e-mail to ICAEW?

Regards,

Kamran.
Dear Ina,
Can you please forward me that e-mail at hammadhassan@mail2finance.com

I am waiting.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wonk.xags</i>
<br />Dear Ina,
Can you please forward me that e-mail at hammadhassan@mail2finance.com

I am waiting.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I sent them two emails. reply of first has already been reproduced above. for the second one they did not have answes to my specific questions.

regards
ina
Ok. Thanks ) I hope you would have got the reply now )
am also waiting for second one
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by 4thelement</i>
<br />am also waiting for second one
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

hi there

they simply said that it is possible to give answer my questions right now. my question was that what are the arrangements for acca members and affiliates. however they gave a hope that it may be possible to have such arrangement in future.

HTH

ina
Pages: 1 2