Accountancy Forum

Full Version: FORUM UN-ACCESSED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dears,

The forum accessibility remained in abeyance for some days.

Was there any specific reason?

Would any body apprise.

Regards,

Kamran.

Due to several technical issues with our web hosts, the web site including the forums were down for a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Dear Admin,

It's fine. We can understand there would be some valid reason.

Regards,

Kamran.
thanks for asking this question re forum's downing ... Mr. Kamran ACA.....
i am still tied up in my beloved country........I have lost a very important email with some phone numbers in it....pls. make some doaa that i find it.
Dear Goodman,

Friends could be trusted for lost things or required things.

You got it at GMAIL. Recheck.

Regards,

Kamran.
@ Goodman

Exactly the same thing has happened with me. (

Astute,

Are you still in need?

Regards,

Kamran
Well, I was talking about some official e-mails of mine and some study-related stuff that got lost due to a virus. I was concerned about some links that I got from CIMA & which were exclusively with me. But anyway, thanks a lot! )
Dear All,

I hope you all must be doing fine.

I too witnessed the same problem that this page remained inaccessible. I had been a busy for a month or so, and during the meanwhile I twice or thrice tried to open the page. I had doubts that this page is no longer available as already admin didn't seem interested. However, I am really glad having it re-opened.

Regards
Dear Shoaib,

You are welcome back.

Forum activity is down and lacks the professional issues extremely and professional participation as well. More specifically from the qualified an learned fellows. We hardly see any professional issue raised here.

Maximum which appears positive is a few number of educational questions asked by students. Still, these are educational, not professional.

Nothing could be done by Admin simply. Admin cannot make any one to post regularly and professionally. Members have to make the efforts.

Otherwise, yes, this forum will lose importance. It's already on stake.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Dear Kamran

You replied to my post with 45 mins, so it establishes that you are very well there for this forum as ever. Now untill you are here this forum won't loose importance.

New members can't sign up. I don't know the exact situation at the moment, however, few days ago it was like this. It is one of the main reason for reduced activity here. I can remember there used to be quite numbered participation on this forum earlier but from last six months or so situation doesn't sound very good. The main reason; ofcourse we are missing new entrants.

Loosing importance is another issue, but more important is had the un-access as we experienced remained permanent then? Active participation of admin is mandatory for this forum to continue.

There are not a lot of qualified members here, this is the main reason for lack of professional discussions. But still I find it better than similar other places.

Dear,

This is not the only forum on the net. There are lots of others as well, however, as you said, this appears to be better than others. That's why we are here.

I agree that new entrants must not be prohibited if we or Admin wants this forum successful.

However, for Admin and sponsors there could be so many other issues which we don't find visible.

At least what can we do is to request those who are already members. And more emphasizely who are qualified ones.

We don't see much participation. This is the major issue. The guys who were regular posters have left the forum. Ali Akbar, Abdur Rehman, Pracs, Mahmood Ch, Goodman, DT, and some others who were used to participate actively are not regularly seen here. This needs to be emphasized.

You were discussing my 45 minutes replying to ur post. But if this situation will continue, you will certainly see, such responses coming after decades.

Regards,

Kamran.

Don't know exactly what the reasons got to be but mostly members reduce participation after spending some time as some names you have pointed. Time span spent differs.

This man Ali Akbar as you pointed out left the forum long ago, perhaps you were not very regular here those days. He was from KPMG ISD and claimed to be a gold medalist. It reminded me of an interesting discussion between him and Pracs that turned furious. And, the subject was KPMG versus FRSH. And, the same eventually became the reason for him to leave this forum permanently.

Goodman, like always is an on-off sort of visitor. I don't know what is wrong with Pracs, he used to be a very worthy and regular member.

So, people will continue leaving the forum or thier interests will get reduced. As far as new members are coming its nothing wrong, and I think the main problem with this forum is that new members are not being allowed. Whenever, you made an accountancy related search on Google Pakistan, very often you find links from this page, so if new registrations are allowed the much lively discussions will continue. You may be right that admin may have its own issues.

Senior members SHOULD continue participation
Shoaib Bhai, Nice to see you after such a long time!!!

Yeah, Ali Akbar claimed to be a gold medalist in Financial Accounting (if I'm not mistaken) and there used to be interesting debates over some issues including his 'medal'.

The debates were really amusing but even most amusing was one of your comments which I came accross accidentally and I'm sure I won't be able to forget it. The comment was "Ooops I've posted to the wrong thread once again" How Innocent you are!!! p

By the way, the senior members visit the forum off n' on perhaps because they might have got busy with their families. This is something undersatndabe. But the Admin should atleast open new entries coz the forum has become a 'silent zone.

Dear Shoaib / Astute,

Ali Akbar was a brilliant member of this forum. I used "was" as he is not visible now-a-days.

Yes, he is from KPMG ISD. He was in fact a Gold Medalist. He faced a very bitter situation of life when his brother was murdered by some one. Forum does not know this. I don't know the details but heard such news in past. May Allah give them all the fortitude to bear such loss. I did not share this news as he is not participating the forum since long.

People like Ali Akbar are assets for us. He is facing some problems in passing finals. May God help him. He will Inshallah be a best professional. My all prayers are for him and for other students like him.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

Pages: 1 2