Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Articles in UK or USA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<font face="Century Gothic">Can anybody guide me about UK Reules and Regulations to complete ACCA articles in the UK in any of the firm to get qualified? Can students find work in CA Firms and if they get some work, how much they are paid? Do they need to be switched from Student VISA to Work Permit?

The same is the question is about USA, while if someone wants to go there and start CFA or CPA.?</font id="Century Gothic">
Hi
With reference to UK you have answered your question. You need to be transfered from student to work permit. They have launched another scheme which is called TWES i.e Training and work Experience Scheme, some accountancy firms also offer articles under this scheme. If you are lucky enough to get the contract from a firm then you might get upto £18000 plus study support (tuition fee, books, paid leaves etc).
I hope this help
Kind Regards
Thank you very much for the information )
FROM WHERE I CAN FIND INFORMATION ABOUT TWES SCHEME
CAN U GIVE ME ANY APPROPRIATE LINK A
AM EAGERLY WAITING
REGARDS
Hi 4thelement,
Please see these links,

http//www.ukimmigration.com/twes/uk_twes.htm
http//www.workpermit.com/uk/uk.htm

All kind of information is available here.
As far as I know it is not very easy to find a training contract with some accountancy firm in UK, and some people consider it almost impossible. I know some students (ACCA) who tried to find training contract in UK but remained unsuccessful. I think at that time this thing TWES wasn't there, it may increase the chances
Dear Scuad bhai.
I am doing ACCA (Part II) with English Law and Taxation (UK). Can you guess the probablity of getting contract in U.K.??
Dear Wonk.xags,

As I said in my earlier post that my knowledge regarding getting training contract in UK is only from some friends who tried for the same. As far as they are concerned both of them remained unsuccessful but it was some two or three years ago. Additionally, same topic has been discussed on this forum at some places, and similar conclusions could be drawn from those discussions that it is not impossible yet quite difficult getting training contract in UK.

| can't assess your chances as I don't have any concrete information. Try to find someone who lives there or who have tried this. And, I'll suggest that if you don't have any such sources then don't consider it as an option.

You may have some information regarding this from UK based similar forums. ACCA and ICAEW forums are there.

Regards
Shoaib
@ wonk.xags

Kindly register at www.accountancystudents.co.uk/ and post your query over there. I'm sure, senior members like "Bluewednesday" and "publicfinance" will satisfy your query.

Astute Accountant.
Thank you very much for the guidance.