Accountancy Forum

Full Version: i need career advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
dear kamran bhai

i need ur advice as u r a qualified accountant and working in a firm, am an ACCA part 3 student have to pass all 5 papers and i joined firm very earlier in my career due to substantial pressure from my family and now i have almost three years of working experience at the following firms

1. riaz ahmed saqib gohar & co. from 03/05 to 03/06
2. raza siddiqui & co. from 06/06 to 06/07
3. bdo ebrahim & co. from 06/07 to date

but now am finding it hard to obtain a place in big four firms, due to increased competition and of the fact that i have some prior experience now i want u to plz tell me what should i do and whether i should mention my prior working experience in my application or not.

regards

Dear,

Every firm has its own criteria for induction which may or not may be ignored in specific cases.

Normally the student who has changed firms during training tenure gets lesser favors from the bigger firms. Consistency always plays an important role. In my view you should have joined a reasonable firm in the start and then should have remain there. Every thing is learnt over time with hard work and sincerity.

I don't feel that big4 (except Deloitte, which I don't feel is so big at Lahore at least) would intake you on the basis of what you have written. Still, you can make an effort. Of course it's better to be a part of big4.

However, other firms may also not be regarded as trash. The firm in which you are working is good.

In my sincere opinion, if you don't get chance in big4, try to remain a part of this firm for a longer period.

This would be beneficial.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
kamran bhai

thank you so much for ur sincere response but i asked whether i should mention my prior experience on my application or not? and i am from karachi.

plz answer this
am eagerly waiting

regards
kamran bhai not to forget the fact that am just 23 and am willing to join big 4's for atleast 3 yrs.

wouldnt it help as i want to be the part of firm for 3 yrs

regards

Dear,

Since you are yet to qualify some further papers of ACCA and big firms normally intake fully qualified ACCAs (affiliates), therefore, you should mention your previous experience.

Although this non-consistency is not generally liked, but it may set off the impact of papers yet to be qualified.

You may try it, let's see if it helps.

Regards,

Kamran.
Dear 4thelement,

As far as I think your chances of getting recruitment in big4 depends upon qualifying you remaining papers of ACCA. Normally, big firms do no recruit part qualified students, though I may be wrong.

There is nothing wrong in taking your chance. Apply to a firm when it is in need of students, this information can be provided by someone working there. I think you should mention your work experience but you should have logical reasons for justifying you "non consistency"

Regards
Dear Shoaib,

Welcome back. Hopefully you would have done with your work/assignment promptly.

Non-consistent can be used for inconsistent, I think. Is not it? Correct me.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
dear kamran bhai and schuaeb

thank u so much for being so cooperative and supportive i do have valid reasons for my inconsistency but the problem i think is that they wont call me for an interview and than how can i demonstrate that i have logical reasons for my switching into firms, secondly they are seeking fresh trainees who would work there for 3 to 4 yr, me too wants to work there for 3 to 4 yrs, the only threat i am feeling is after assessing my application they might feel that i wont work there for 3 to 4 yrs or i would breach my contract with the firm, but i can assure that i wont leave the firm for atleast 3 yrs.

regards

Usamah
i also know many trainees at FRSH and MYASCO at karachi who are inferior to me both in terms of qualification and experience but they are working for big4s specially girls both FRSH and MYASCO claims that they are equal opportunity employer but actually they are not the prefer gals, i dont know why

can u people give me any appropriate or valid reason for large amount of females induction both at FRSH and MYASCo at karachi

regards
my previous comments can be very misleading but i want to make it crystal clear that am not against the induction of girls or am not criticising them i just want equal opportunities for both male n females.

regards
everybody gone absolutely silent may be i did hurt anyone's feeling if i did so am so sorry i didnt mean to hurt anyone

regards

kamran bhai atleast u shud reply
Dear,

In fact girls find lesser opportunities in firms if we see on over all basis. I don't know what at this stage is happening around at FRSH and Deloitte. We have some common clients with FRSH where we are providing similar or dissimilar services to same clients. I can tell that I never saw any girl student coming in for the assignments and audits.

Still, there could be a situation where due to some identified or unidentified reasons girls ratio could be more than boys. Yes, you are right, opportunities should be equal for every one and if some one is not doing it, he/she is not complying international rules.

However, rest assured, girls in this profession are far lessor than boys. Don't expect a stiff competition from girls.

You try to be truthful in providing your particulars. God will help you.

Delloite at Lahore is not at 4th position. This is my view.

Regards,

Kamran.
dear kamran bhai

again thanx for replying positively, ur comments and advices are always very valuable for me and i gives them great importance.

sir it is to mention here that all my opinions and comments are to the extent of karachi region i do not know wats happening at lahore islamabad and other cities

and in ur view which is the no. 4th firm at lahore and similarly no. 1,2,3 and 5, 6.

regards

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Dear Shoaib,

Welcome back. Hopefully you would have done with your work/assignment promptly.

Non-consistent can be used for inconsistent, I think. Is not it? Correct me.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks Kamran sb. Everything Alhamdolilah had been prompt and fine.

Those inverted commas never meant to highlight that you have not used a correct word. However, when you pointed it out, I realized that non-consistent doesn't seem right. I may be wrong in my assessment and I don't think that my language knowledge is better.

Dear 4thelemment,

It won't always be the case that you get prompt responses from members on this forum, so patience required. However, Kamran sb is always helpful.

As far as I have assessed your situation you don't have got much choice. Only you can do is simply apply to the firms, if they call for an interview well n good go prepared, if they don't, continue working in the same firm.

In Karachi I think after big4 it is as

5- Anjum Asim Shahid Rehman (GT)
6- BDO Ebrahim and Co.

I may be wrong Kamran sb, ofcourse,can guide better. Firms are to be rated in a different way when we are talking about Lahore as MYAS is not as good here. Firms like RACO, HCC and others are working well in Lahore.
With due apology for intrusion; the proper word is inconsistent and non-consistent can't be used instead of it as per my limited knowlegde.

Pages: 1 2 3