Accountancy Forum

Full Version: DEFICIET WILL DECREASE IF ANSWER IS YES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pakistan Railways has increased the fares by 10%. It is due to oil prices increase. But point is only two months back Shaikh Rashid Ahmed “left” the Railways running into profit with 23 “new trains”.

Indian railways a week back has on the other hand slashed fares evening allowing senior citizens 50% rebate. Can any one tell me how it is that increasing oil price is not affecting Indian Railway’s yellow red bogies but affecting our green bogies.

I think deficit is not due to oil price but due to the extraordinary new style lootings being seen for some years. The present increase in railway fares, petrol prices twice in a fortnight, bus fares, now coming increase by KESC are only due to self-awarding by caretaker prime minister Soomro to himself for life perks and President National Bank Pakistan awarding himself Rupees five crore in the name of good work done taking suo moto note of which became a crime for Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Choudhary.

Newspapers, columnists, TV talk shows are full as if a never ever known to the world revolution has come in Pakistan after this election. Not merely rosy but in fact Rose Garden picture is being painted in the mind of common man through debate. But the common man today is not fool. He knows players still are the same but under new labels. All these debates tell that the new government will have economy as the biggest challenge. All are unanimous in one thing that collective damage of all these 8 years is so big that the new Government will not be able to deliver any substantial at least in first one year. It will take at least a year to know it the depath of damage. I am not an economist. I belong to the family of clerks and illiterate technical workers. I hold only a Matric certificate passed from school where we used to sit on floor in winter and on school roof in winter. Hence my economic knowledge is minus zero. But one thing I know that to quite a good extent economy can be improved, living condition of the common man improved by just adopting God fearing policies. For example the day new Prime Minister was elected still due to oath taking next day, he attended his son’s marriage using special plane. If he has used this special flight from his personal pocket being his personal trip then we should rest assured practical better change in economy and condition of common man is on way. But if this travel was as in the past on expense of tax payers then rest assured soon we would hear an early morning radio “My dear countrymen” but of course this time in a bit different way.