Accountancy Forum

Full Version: LIKE BOOSTING ECONOMY, OUT POSTAL SYSTEM BOOSTING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Elders have stated that excess of any thing is bad. During the last 8 years good governance right from federal level to lower local area level was inducted but the reformers forget the golden principle that excess is bad. The result is excess of good governance has deteriorated the shape of everything today. This is the good governance under which first wheat at lower rate is exported and same bags reimported on high cost. For this good governance another tool on too heavy expense to the nation was introduced namely the i-tech computerization. The purpose only was to place heavy supply orders on dear ones companies dealing with sale of computers and to appoint some dear ones on high salaries in the name of technical professionals. The reformers totally forgot that till the same cemented brains remain on the seats no technology can bring any effect. The Pakistan Post Office like Pakistan Railways for the last some years has embarked upon introducing new over new schemes without caring if its old cemented dump brains can do the job. The recently out gone Director General Pakistan Post Office had even the big idea of purchasing departmental own planes for carrying mail. As a layman I understand the biggest commission is in deals of planes and then in war hardware.

I addressed a letter to a senior Advocate in Lahore appointed by an Assignee/Liquidator by the Lahore High Court. His address read 15-C Fane Road Lahore. My letter came back undelivered with the remarks that the addressee concerned had shifted to Eden Centre, Gulberg-III.

On 03 August 2007 I approached the Director General, Pakistan Post Office, Islamabad to investigate as to why my letter was not then forwarded to the addressee on his forwarding address when it was well known to the area post office definitely the addressee left it with the post office and why was it returned to me. Since then one IHCC/Mr. Syed Muhammad Zahid from Pakistan Post Office HQ is fooling me viz that during all these months when I remind the officer he forwards it in a line to Dy. Postmaster General Lahore to investigate and furnish detail reply. The most interesting joke is in each such reminder to the DY.PMG he does not forget to mention “Matter is most urgent”. Now it is 8 months. The Dy.PMG Lahore knowing well his senior having remained for long in post office himself mentally become a postman will forget and never remember to check if any response to his forwarded most urgent has come or not. On the other hand IHCC/Syed Zahid well knows the citizens keep barking nothing happens.

When we had neither 15 billions reserves, internet, nor did we stood in the list of top honoured countries, if an addressee had moved the letter used to be diverted/forwarded to him automatically at his new address by taking it from new neighbours. Even letters having not complete addresses used to be delivered to the right person. Now when our economy has boosted, we have in abundance good governance, we are going to be the second Hong Kong in the world, the letter even knowing well in which plaza/building the addressee has moved, can not be delivered and Headquarters senior executives just fill up the blanks by receiving and forwarding mail.