Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Isaal-e-Sawab through Recitation of the Quran
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http//www.irf.net/irf/faqonislam/index.htm

Q4. I would like to know that if we read Quran and ask Allah to send sawab to all Muslims and my relatives including my parents who are no more, will the sawab only go to my parents or to all the rest too ?

Abdulla Aminuddin, aminuddin@sancharnet.in

A4. It is Bid'ah (innovation) to recite the Qur'an for Isaal-e-Sawab of those who have passed away, regardless whether the deceased is your parent or relative. There is no evidence supporting this practice in the authentic sources of Islam, in the Seerah of the Prophet (Pbuh) or the life of his Companions. Didn't deaths occur during the time of the companions ? Why then, we do not find any such evidence from their lives ? All those things that benefit the living and the dead have already been shown by the Prophet (Pbuh), as Deen has been completed. Therefore, it is inappropriate to innovate anything in the religion.

Narrated Aisha (R.A.) Allah's Messenger (Pbuh) said, "If somebody innovates something which is not present in our religion, then that thing will be rejected."(Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 3, Hadith No. 2697 & Sahih Muslim, Vol. 3, Hadith No. 4266).

However it is allowed to pray for the deceased and give charity for him, as there is no difference of opinion in this regard.
Whenever i see posts like this i always feel that we ourselves say that we need to unite Ummat-e-Muslima and then at the same time we deliver our actions 180 degree against what we say.

Essal-e-Sawab as per Hanafi Code through Recitation of Quran-e-Karim is not only allowed but it is also much appreciable activity but the "MURAWWIJ" system of so called "QURAN-KHUWANI" is having so many wrong things in it,

1)People who are invited for it(Quran-Khuwani) take it as their social duty and a burden of society on them rather than their religious responsibility.

2)I mayself saw so many people who recite quran by escaping 2/3 pages and some of the people complete it in 10 to 15 minutes.

3)Some of them even do not stop reading quran at the time of AZAN and at the time of quran Khuwani lot of people left their namaz.

In one of the Ahadith our prophet(Sallalahu-Allih-e-wassallam) has said that "NEEK-OWLAD" is Sawab-e-Jaria for parents.

"NEEK OWLAD" is sawab-e-jaria in a way that they remember their parents in their Prayers, always pray for them and always make "Essal-e-Sawab" of their good deeds for them.

So, as per Imam Abu Hanifa(Rehmatullah-e-Allih) Essal-e-Sawab is allowed and it is Jaiz as long as it has been done by closely related people of the deceased person and it has been done by those who do it by their will(i.e. as their religious responsibility not their social responsibility or societal burden).

Mr Zakir Naik and Co.(Including Dr.Israr Ahmed and Dr. Farahat Hashmi[Fitna Gar Aurat]) in my opinion can be having a good knowledge of different religions and faiths like Jewism, Christianity, Hinduism and other religions and faiths but their knowledge of different religions do not make them AALIM-E-DEEN of FIQAH. FIQAH is very different field and in the history of Ummat there were so many big Faqih like Imam Ibn-e-Taimia, Mullah Ali Qari, Hazrat Shah Wali Ullah Dehalvi and other big names(Rehmatullah-e-Alihim) so please go and read the literature of these people of knowledge rather then wasting your time in reading the material of IRF(we know who are on back of these people).

If your faith disallows you from Essal-e-Sawab don't do it but if other faiths allow it then you do not have a right to refrain them by saying it as 'bidah'.

In the above post the answering person has told us the definition of 'Bidah' and Ahadiths relating to 'Bidah' not relating to Essal-e-sawab and he has said that Essal-e-Sawab is Innovation(Bibah) but he didn't prove that how it is an innovation but i proved it as allowable activity through Hadith that "Neek Owlad is Sawab-e-Jaria for parents".

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sarfaraz</i>
<b>However it is allowed to pray for the deceased and give charity for him, as there is no difference of opinion in this regard.</b><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If it is allowed to pray(i.e. Dua-e-Maghfirat) for deceased and to give Charity(i.e. Sadaqa-O-Kherat) for deceased then I have following questions.

1)In case of "Qaboliat" of "Dua-e-Maghfirat" will Allah forgive a deceased person on his/her previous wrong deeds?

2)Will those Sadaqa-O-Kherat reach to a deceased person(i.e. will Allah reward him for sadqa given by others on his behalf)?

If the answers of both questions are in "YES" then why can't Allah give a sawab to deceased person on recitation of quran by others on his behalf, and if you and your IRF still disagree then i very respectfully ask that Is the definition of "SADAQA" according to you and IRF evolves around the outflow of "CURRENCY" only.

Isn't it a Sadaqa to recite quran on behalf of your deceased ones, If you and your IRF has restricted the definition of Sadaqa to the outflow to currency then i can't do anything further for you(KUCH KHOPRI KA ISTIMAL BHI KARLIA KARO BHAI!).

I know there are some differences among Ummat-e-Muslima in different faiths and practices but for the greater interest of Ummah we should refrain us from pin pointing these issues, we should unite ourselves on a one point agenda(i.e. Jeehad), the destruction of "Offensive Kuffars" is the sole responsibility imposed on us being muslims. Tell me what will you say when our Prophet(Sallalahu-Allih-e-wassallam) will ask you about your acts towards the unity of Ummat at the time of need?

I hope you can understand what i am saying.

Regards,

Muhammad Amir
yes it is proved by Hadith, that we can recite [url="http//www.easyquransite.com"]Holy Quran[/url] for Isaal-e-Swaab for ummah and for anyone )
agreed ) (prh k hi agree kiya hai ab koi ye na smjhy ainwain likh dia khas kr yasir)
Well its seems you people have alot of knowledge so I have a question too Though it is not related with the topic, but hope you people will help me.

Aisa kaha jata hai ya jana jata hai keh Quran Pak Tarjumy k sath parhana chahey what I want to ask is Keh agar hum tarjumy k sath na parhain tu us ka gunah ho ga ya us ka bhe sawab hota hai? As In routine life I almost daily recite the Quran Pak even one page but with tarjuma but in the month of Ramzan I have started a new one but recite it without tarjuma tu yeh sahe hai na ya mujhy chor daina chaiey? Please guide as I am little confused.

Waiting for your replies.
dear anum uska bhi swaab hi hai chahy tarjumy sy prho chahy bina trjumy k....han trjumy sy smjh k prho gi to iska faida to tumko hi hai na.but gunah koi ni hai gr bina trjumy k prho to....uska bhi swab hi hai as i have read aik aik lfz prhny py bhi ds ds naikian hain(correct me if i m wrong)
Dear Aamir,

There is no evidence supporting this practice in the authentic sources of Islam, in the Seerah of the Prophet (Pbuh) or the life of his Companions. Didn't deaths occur during the time of the companions ? Why then, we do not find any such evidence from their lives ? All those things that benefit the living and the dead have already been shown by the Prophet (Pbuh), as Deen has been completed. Therefore, it is inappropriate to innovate anything in the religion.

Unquote.

If some thing is not proven from acts of holy Prophet (PBUH) and Sahaba e Kiram (RTAA) then whatever the fuqahas of all over the world will say should not be acceptable. If you have authentic reference for " 10 Siparon ka swab falan bin falan ki supurd kr dia us say swab faln ko transfer ho k pher swab Mollana ko transafer hoa then sab rohhon ko transfer ho gia" from Quran and Sunnah.

Being accountant you will better understand when a company wounded up completely there cant be addition nor deletion in its assets n liabilities.

What we can for the deceased in on DUAA which Allah may accept or not.

Further, before advising someone to study books written by some of the Fuqaha, i will advise you to just study to main books of Fuqaha in front of your friends if you Dare "Hadaya " and Fatawa - e - Alamgiri. I am sure you will not be able to recite such stuff in public even.
Dear Annumz,

Your question is that whether a person will attain this virtue, by only reciting Quran with understanding, or does he also obtain the benefits if he recites without understanding?

Sayyidna Abdullah ibn Ma'sood, Radi-Allahu anhu narrates that Rasulullah said, 'That person who recites one letter from the Kitabullah, he will get one reward, and one is multiplied by ten.' He further went on to say, 'I do not say that Alif, Laam, Meem is one letter, but instead alif is one letter, laam is one letter and meem is one letter.' (Tirmidhi)

If we ponder over this Hadith, we will find that there is no condition that the reciter will only get Thawab (reward) if he recites the Qur'an with understanding.

But Thwab ( reward) and benefits are two different things, thwab make our Naama e amal good and make us close to Allah while benefits are subordinate to thwab as help in our daily life.

As mentioned

Al-An’am 155/156 This Book (Quran) which We have revealed is a blessed one. Follow its guidance and have piety so that you perhaps may receive mercy and will not say that the Book was revealed only to two groups of people before you, or that you were ignorant of its knowledge, or proclaim, "Had the Book been revealed to us, we would have followed its guidance better than the (Jews and Christians). Islam is the only good tool for humanity to benefit from during this short life on earth.

However the big majority of Muslims around the world today are not aware of the knowledge within the Quran. Every nation, as you must have noticed, changed the practice of Islam according to what their ancestors taught them. Unfortunately in practice, Islam has become a religion that is passed on from father to son lacking knowledge and meaning. This you can clearly witness by asking Muslims about the meaning of the terms they use when they are on the prayer mat. As you know Allah considers the ones with knowledge as the ones who can see, and the ones who has no knowledge are like the blind.

We have to encourage the Islamic nations to consume the Translations of the Holy Quran, with the most up to date variety of translations they have of the Quran in their mother tongue, not just to read it for once but to make reading Quran’s translation as a part of our ordinary daily life for the rest of our time on earth.

Az-Zumar 23 Allah has revealed the best reading material in the form of a Book with similar passages which refer to each other and make the skins of those who fear their Lord shiver. Then their skins and hearts incline to the remembrance of Allah. This is the guidance of Allah. He guides whomever He wants. No one can guide those whom Allah has caused to go astray.

Az-Zumar 27 We have given all kinds of examples for the human being in this Quran so that perhaps he may take heed.

Az-Zumar 36 Is Allah not sufficient (support) for His servants? They frighten you with what they worship besides Allah. Who can guide one whom Allah has caused to go astray?

Az-Zumar 37 Who can mislead one whom Allah has guided? Is Allah not Majestic and Revengeful?

Muhammed 24 Is it that they do not think about the Quran or are their hearts sealed?

Al-Qamar 17 We have made the Quran easy to understand, but is there anyone who would pay attention?

Al-Hadid 16 Is it not time for the hearts of the believers to become humbled by the remembrance of Allah and by the Truth which has been revealed so that they will not be like the followers of the Bible who lived before them and whose hearts have become hard like stone through the long years. Many of them are evil doers.

Ya-Sin 29 Surely they who recite the Book of Allah constantly and keep up their prayer and spend out of what We have given to them secretly and openly, those can hope for a gain which will not perish.

Reciting the book constantly to understand is something we are advised to practice and by doing this we are rightly guided. Our souls also need to be fed just like our bodies. Muslims who practice Islam as a lifestyle must be guided to consume Quran to understand. How is it possible to be guided by Allah if no understanding is there?

Reading Quran without understanding is something like as if the Quran is a big chest of treasure Allah has given us to use and spend in order to benefit from in this worldly life and never feel poverty and fear. People who are not understanding but reading it in Arabic are like the ones who open up this chest and start playing and rubbing the gold and diamonds within the chest. By spending their time rubbing the wealth of Allah they are partly relieved and they feel good sensations at those moments, however as soon as they finish reading they close the chest and lock it, and return back to their lives empty pocketed and blind. They are the ones who does not benefit from this treasure.

People who read to understand the guidance of Allah are like the ones who open up the chest and fill their pockets with the wealth of Allah to spend it on themselves and help others who are also in need. By this they are relieved from much hardness of this short life and they are the ones who never fear poverty.

The guidance of Allah is open to all nations around the world. Arabs today also have difficulty understanding the Quran if they don’t have the education to understand it further. (E.g. some new English speaker trying to understand Shakespeare) All nations today are almost at the same distance to understanding Allah's teachings.

Lifelong half an hour daily minimum dose will turn anyone at any level of education aware of the necessary mentality of Islam and will also keep Allah’s advices fresh in their minds to benefit within their daily lives.

Believers must understand that Quran is something that they must consume to understand for the rest of their life on earth. By this they will benefit everyday to sit aside with Allah and listen to his own words and teachings.

We must not forget our Prophet and Sahabe never consumed anything other then the Quran, which to them was a clear understanding.

All praises to Allah, Oh Allah You alone we worship and You alone we ask for help. and not confuse the word Swab with benefits.
@ Ciapk

kia hua anum? bolti kio bnd hogai ) ....... agay bhi to bolo na.shrmao ni bolo bolo
@ Annumz -)

Ciapk.

Acha laga yaar offcourse Tum nay yeh sab share kia hay than it means k 4-sure tum khud waqt bhi nikaltay hogay yeh sab parhnay Aur samajhnay k liay. Acha yeh bhi laga k tum Reference quote kar rahay ho. honestly, Main nay sara Parha tu nahi But...........

Warm Appreciations 4 U.

Anamz.

Itnaa parha k likhna bhool gaie ?

Regards.
Dear Yasir,

Allah ka shuker hy brother I have completed Tafseer Ibn e Kaseer few times and Sahihain one time or waisay b taqreeban hr maslik k Ulema k lectures and point of views jannay ki koshish krta hun not for criticizing but for understanding what is their point of view an logic and authenticity behind.

Auditor ho or law ya IFRS ya ISA k reference k bghair bolay aisa kaisay ho skta hay -)

baqi hr aik ko pora right hay apnay views rakhnay ka n un k mutabiq amal krnay ka but I will suggest all to study Tafseer Ibne Kaseer one time at least. One of the best book of tafaseer even written.

Allama Amadudun Ibne Kaseer used very good style e.g Ayat then translation then related ahadis then point of view of Fuqaha ( 4 Imams ) then his personal opinion.

@ Annumz

Ya tu buhat gusay main thi fart e jazbat sy likh nai pai, ya ............. wohi bta skti hay -)
@ Ciapk

It was so excellent response from your side that I did not wanted to answer you in words, so posted like that. "Samjh tu gaye he ho gay" )

That was great.

Ciapk.

Dear Bohat Achi baat lagi k Aap Tafseer bhi Parh chukay hain Woh bhi kai martaba. Well Dear Let me take Advantage of your knowledge, Esa kyun hota hay k Kuch Logon say Islamic baatain nahi parhi jati Aur naa hi suni jati hain Aur naa hi esi Mehfilon main Betha jata hay ??? Can you Quote any Reference from Holy-Quran in this regard.

Main nay suna hay k Dilon per MOHER lag jati..............?

Regards.
Pages: 1 2