Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Should I Start from a small firm???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I am an ACCA student. I'm getting an opportunity to work at a small firm. For a fact, I know that it would be almost impossible for me to move to any other firm for at least 2 years.

Are there any chances to work at a big4 firm if you have 2 years experience at a small firm? (for an ACCA student)

What do you recommend? Should I take the job & start working at the small firm. Please remember that it would be difficult for me to move to any other firm for almost two years.

What what be my standing in the market after having 2 years articleship from a small company & then 1/1.5 years from a big4 firm? Would it be almost same as someone with complete 3 years at a big4? What about my standing in the gulf & overseas markets/big4 firms with such experience?

On the other hand, if i decline this position, I might have to wait a year or so to pass enough papers to qualify for a big 4 firm.

Please reply with any of your comments, information, anything because this would be a very important decision in my career.