Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CA and ACMA equivalent to Masters degree
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The following ruling was passed some time back giving Pakistani CA and ACMA qualifications Masters status

"1ST MEETING OF THE EQUIVALENCE & ACCREDITATION COMMITTEE HELD ON 5TH & 18TH APRIL, 2003 AT HIGHER EDUCATION COMMISSION, ISLAMABAD

Item No. 12 Equivalence of Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate with a Master’s degree
-----------------------------------------
The Committee having considered the entrance requirements, the rigor of course work, professional on job training, the breadth & width of curriculum, scheme of studies and the fact that the Universities in India recognize “Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate” as equivalent to M.Com degree. The Committee decided to

“recognize the Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate obtained from chartered professional institutions like Institute of Chartered Accountants, Pakistan or Institute of Cost & Management Accountants, Pakistan established under Act/Ordinance of the Government of Pakistan and authorized to confer professional qualifications like Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate(CA)/Institute of Cost & Management Accountants (ICMA) etc. in Pakistan as equivalent to Master’s degree for the purpose of employment and higher education provided that the Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate is obtained after 7 years of post-matric/’O’ level, 5 years post-intermediate/’A’ level or 3 years after Bachelor’s degree. This decision will apply equally to the holders of qualifications from Pakistan Institute of Cost & Management Accountants and the Institute of Chartered Accountants”.

The Committee further decided that

“in case Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate is held by a Pakistani national from a foreign professional body, the institute of Chartered Accountants, Pakistan and Institute of Cost & Management Accountants, Pakistan will be required to certify the status of qualifications before consideration of its equivalence by the Commission”.

On a point raised by the Director (A&A), the Committee further decided that

“in order to encourage development of manpower in Hi-tech areas of specialization in Medical & Dental Sciences, the holders of memberships, fellowships and Master degrees be recommended to the universities for admission directly in Ph.D. degree programmes on receipt of such a request”.

Why is that AAAAAArghhhhhhh....... for )

Is that for ACMAs getting the same status as CAs ?

Or the ACMAs and CAs encroaching upon the turf of ............ Who ?? ?? I wonder ......................

Beats me .

Let the Fittest sail and the knuckleheds maroon .

Are we just talking about an equivilance certificate or about a master's degree ? the latter would be useful outside of Pakistan. I see no use of the equivilance certificate outside pakistan.

where can i get further details on this ?