Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ICAP humiliating itself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
typing in capital doesnt mean one is shouting. now if u feel like this i cant help it.
Dear Rabia,

You are an ACCA student and you should be proud of it. No harms buddy. You should also feel proud of 80 countries' recognition, in which majority (I said majority, however I don’t deny its restricted or unrestricted existence at other locations as well) is of countries like Ghana. Check out the list. You may appreciate to understand that a company can open its offices anywhere by fulfilling requirements of local legislature. ICAP might have not done so, for certain reasons. Further, there is no doubt that ICAP is meant for Pakistan though producing high quality professionals for Pakistani market as well as oversees market and providing impetus for getting further diversified qualifications which are considered Taboo by some mentally affected people.

However, so much in your posts is reflecting that you are as much an ACCA student as I normally see here in Pakistan. Are you attempting to deny what you are? What goes wrong with it?

I knew you are not capable of coming up with anything positive or concrete except for 80 countries stuff. You are an ACCA student off course relating to a particular class/mindset. Leaving the particular discussion regarding client portfolio, quality of work and market share behind, can you quote me any big name in profession that is solely based on ACCA. From name I mean name of any firm. Can you? There may be a few good names at UK but those will also not be in top ten even. Please verify the facts and don't talk childish. This is not merely a matter of comparison of qualifications, rather, this is to discuss the professional strength and market occupation with reasonable quality of work entrusted that may represent how much a qualification is relied upon professionally.

Ali_boy made a valid point when he said that entrepreneur in Pakistan prefers CAs over ACCA for the strategic role of ICAP which cannot be entrusted to ACCA locally. Mind it; unless you are strong and considered leader in profession (I mean as practicing firms) your qualified students cannot be treated as the leaders as well. This is a fact which you cannot change by making whatever claims. You must know I don’t have enmity with any qualification. How could I have? ICAP might be taken as an obstacle by some ACCA people in Pakistan (or by those who are planning to revert to Pakistan) due to their limited thinking but how a practicing ICAP person at Pakistan would be affected by ACCA. This is a childish thinking. I write here what is an unbiased fact more specifically when seen in Pakistan’s context. I asked you to see is there any CA at this forum who started any such thread like what an un-related insane ACCA (who has no concern with ICAP) has done? You will see that ICAP people write the posts only in reply. Now do you feel such yapping by some insane ACCAs should not be stopped? Why it hurts you buddy?

I also place on record that there are so many ACCAs who are extremely professional, nice, and understandable. No body goes to debate with them like this. This happens only when some one requires getting equal treatment. And yes, the word insane is used for a person specifically. It’s not for other ACCAs who may be quite respectable and professional at personal level.

Khalid,

You should appreciate that like is to be replied by like. I understand it was a typo error. However, when you don't bother writing some one Crap, how can you expect he will not call you Insane which you in fact are?

You are a source of great amusement here. Look on various threads; it's not me only who is saying this for you. Anyway, best of luck for your journey.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Another quick fact about ACCA. UNO has strategic alliance with ACCA anot not with ICAP nor with ICAEW.

I am not going to reply to Kamran post, think whatever you want and stay in daniel mode.

Anyway following are the two Accountants firms based in alomst half of the world and are mainly ACCA firms.

www.uk.parkerrandall.com

www.bondpartners.co.uk

In these firms ACA are working under ACCA. More links can also be given.

Now I would like to know hoe many firms puely ICAP firms work in the gloge. Once again ICAP is not part of International community of ACAs, so please do quote firms purely based on ICAP members, at international level. Please do note quote names of Big 4 as ICAP has not formed them.

Outside Pakistan ICAP is not equal ACCA. ICAP is inferior than ACCA, its fact.

What about your wrong statements which I mentioned.

Khalid
Anyway can be partner in accountancy firms including big 4 as one does not need to be qualified accountant to be partner.

Rabia, Please concentrate on your studies it will take time to get rid of thses misconception amongst Icapians. it will also be good for them. If someone cannot see reality then I cannot help. Once again outside Pakistan ACCA is superior and better than ICAP, it should be claered to everyone.

Khalid
mr khalid i fully concentrate on my studies .

regards
rabia
PRACS BHAI THERE'S PROBLEM WITH MY "CAPS KEY" .. ANYWAYS..

MR. KHALID I'M PRO ACCA AND YOU CAN REFER MY EARLIER POSTS IN THIS TOPIC OF YOURS...
EVERYONE READ MY EARLIER POSTS AND THEN READ MR. KHALID'S POST ABOUT ME IN THE FOLLOWING LINK http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6410
I WAS REALLY SURPRISED..

ICAPIAN JAISE BI HEIN.. I FEEL PITTY PEOPLE LIKE KHALID 'VE JOINED ACCA... AND WE ARE LOSING OUR REPUTATION, IMAGE BECAUSE OF SUCH PEOPLE..

MAAM RABIA I DIDNT CRITICISED YOU) AND I HOPE YOU WILL REPLY AFTER READING MY EARLIER POST AND VISITING THE LINK I'VE COPIED ABOVE..

REGARDS,
ALI
dear mr ali i didnt find u criticising me at all. ) i read the posts in the link u have given, but honestly i didnt find anything very offensive in them.(pls dont think i am taking sides, i am absolutely not)

from my limited knowledge on CFA i think u must have a U.S. bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree Or be in the final year of your bachelor's degree program at the time of registration to join CFA. SO with ACCA alone u cant do it.

if u did like some general info on CFa u can c this link

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartered_Financial_Analyst#Accounting

regards
rabia
hmmm. yeah i've some knowledge of cfa .. i guess bachelors degree of oxford brookes is acceptable for starting cfa. or isn't it?? so there's no problem for those who are doing acca. besides oxford brookes. UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL PUNJAB also recognises ACCA and completing ACCA PART2 you have to submit a thesis to UCP similar to the submitted to OXFORD BROOKS or may be on a seperate topic.
SO YOU CAN GET A BACHELORS FROM UCP i.e BBA(Hons) ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
where as after passing all the papers of ACCA you can get MASTERS IN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE FROM UCP by submitting a thesis... you i guess it's not a difficult task for acca to go for CFA if he/she also go for such degrees being an ACCA.

CFA
well besides only getting registered to CFA being in FINAL YEAR OF BACHELORS... the student registered can ATTEMPT LEVEL 1 of CFA.. but has to show the evidence of completion of bachelors before going for level 2 exams..

BEST REGARDS ,
ALI
To register with CFA one need to have either 4 yrs bachelors degree or 4 yrs experience. I do not think person holding Oxford brookes degree can register with CFA cause it is 3 yrs bachelors. however only CFA can give proper advise so please do email CFA.

ACCA affliciate, ICAEW members and ICAP members can register with CFA without any exemption. Simialrily if CFA wants to do ACCA then I do not think any exemption will be given to CFA cause both are alomost different fields. That is why I say if person start CFA after ACCA or ACA it means he/she is changing field.

CFA is only offered by one institute that is why it has so tough requirements for registartion. If some other country will start CFA then situation might be different. But I doubt if any other country paln to establish CFA institute in near future or at least I do not know.

I have no idea about UCP degree can help someone to register CFA, one need to ask CFA.

Ali what do u mean by I FEEL PITTY PEOPLE LIKE KHALID 'VE JOINED ACCA... AND WE ARE LOSING OUR REPUTATION, IMAGE BECAUSE OF SUCH PEOPLE.

Khalid
@^
He's insulting you.
ali if the UCP degree is accrediated, i think u can get into CFA. u shuld write to CFA to check.
Shahbaz has told what i meant!!! and hope it doesn't need any further clarification!

Well rabia i think this matter should be refered to cfa.. or any senior can jump in to advise..
ali its best u send an email to them directly regarding the degree matter. (if u wish so) better to take advise from the CFA than from non cfa's.

university@cfainstitute.org
well there's no need to go and ask cfa as it's clear that bsc(hons) from oxford is accepted by cfa as it's a 4years degree.
no at oxford brookes its a 3 yr degree programme.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23