Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Inter in Pak - Articleship Abroad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!
I am starting my CA in march 2009. I want to know about article ship. If some one qualified in pakistan, can he complete his articleship abroad (UAE,CANADA KUWAIT,UK)? What are the requirements of foreign firms? If some one score high or show good results in foundation and intermediate can he do articleship from a foreign firm?

regards
saifullah
I will advise you to go for ICAEW as you can take and pass 14 out of 15 papers outside training contract. Morover if you are over 25 with 7 yrs accountancy experience then you can register with ICAEW as mature student and without having and qualifications.

For details click on link below and read post number 14 which is posted by me

www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6353&whichpage=2

Khalid
For accountancy firms that offer ICAP articleship abroad, please refer to the following link

http//www.icap.org.pk/web/links/134/directoryofmembers.php

There are firms overseas, primarily in the Gulf that take you up for ICAP articles, however since these are training positions the firms prefer not to sponsor your visas, I have usually seen trainees on their own visas (father/other arrangement)
Dear SAIFEE

Thanks for your message.

ICAEW has total of 15 papers and you can pass 14 out of 15 papers by studying full time.

ICAEW has authorized some CA firms in Pakistan to train ICAEW students. ICAEW has also authorized Pakistan Petrolium to train ICAEW students and ICAEW plan to authorize more companies in industry and firm in practice in future.

At present these ICAEW training office require ICAEW trainee to first pass at least 12 papers and then apply for articleship. So you do need to pass at least first 12 papers of ICAEW by studying full time. Moreover If you pass 12 papers of ICAEW by studying full time then you can go to Dubai for ICAEW articleship. Even for Dubai you can go for ICAEW articleship after passing ICAEW papers less than 12.

Fsc from Paksitan is not eligible to register for ICAEW. You have following two options to register with ICAEW.

1)If you are over 25 with 7 yrs of accounting experience then you can register with ICAEW as a mature student.
2)You can register and will get some exemption from ICAEW if you do CAT.
3)You can register and will get some exemption from ICAEW if you do AAT.

I am going to give call to ICAEW on Monday and confirm for the first two routes I mentioned above.

Alternatively If you do Bachelors from Pakistan then you can register with ICAEW.

As far as which qualification is better. ACCA and ICAEW are equal outside Pakistan, but I Pakistan ICAEW is better qualification and ICAEW memberships will get more pay as compared to ICAP members in Pakistan.

You can complete ACA of ICAEW in Pakistan and you do not need to leave Pakistan at all.

Remember students who have passed ACCA first three papers are eligible to register with ICAEW and CAT qualified are exempted from ACCA first three papers. So CAT qualified are eligible to register with ICAEW, however I will confirm this with ICAEW.

Following link will give you ICAEW authorised firms in Pakistan. There are about 30 at present, however ICAEW has authorised companies in industry and will authorise more companies and firms in Pakistan. Link is

http//www.ewpakistan.com/downloads/List%20of%20ATOs.pdf

These firm in Pakistan take those ICAEW students who are either exempted from ICAEW first 12 papers or have passed ICAEW first 12 papers by studying full time.

ICAEW have authorised firms in Gulf as well.
Best of luck in your ICAEW studies.

Khalid
Salamz
But what if someone wants to do ACA from UK?Or Can he/she go to UK after completing the ACA from Pakistan?Is it easy?
Dear Saifee

What do you mean by saying that If i'm icap student then i will also denie your comments.

I have not commented on anything I provided you information which is reality.

u said ACA from ICAEW i seasy than ACA from ICAP. is it habit of all pakistani to say all other qualifications are easy.

I am not going to take part in any debate like ICAEW vs ICAP.

Dear SMTJ

Its almost impossible for overseas students to find ICAEW training contract (articleship) in U.K. Yes you can come to UK after completing ACA from ICAEW.

Khalid
Dear Saifee,

I apologise but I do struggle in reading Urdu if written in English, so please write in English.

Khalid
Dear mroneflower,Can you Please guide me.I am FSc student in Pakistan.What should i do after completing the FSc in order to get enroll in ACA with ICAEW?Please help me out.
Dear SMTJ

The best advise is to do 4 yrs bachelors. If you do not want to do 4 yrs bachelors then you can do AAT or CAT and then get register with ICAEW. If you are over 25 with 7 yrs work experience then u can register with ICAEW.

I am going to give ring to ICAEW tomorrow to find if if CAT can register with ICAEW, I think CAT can register with ICAEW.

Buty in either case you need to pass ICAEW first 12 papers without articleship and firm which ICAEW has authorised in Pakistan are giving article to those who are either exempted from ICAEW first 12 papers or have passed ICAEW first 12 papers, its firm requirement and not ICAEW requirement.

If you can get articleship with ICAEW firm (in Pakistan) now or at anything during your ICAEW studies then ICAEW has no problem with it.

Khalid
HI !
khalid i want to say that i have no expericence in the study of icap and icaew but by read the topics here in this forum any body came to the conclusion that icap ca is difficult but i tell you again that my post are only for learning not for any battle in forum. I give great honour to all the seniors. I want to learn from friends like you not hurting any body by my word

Moreover
I am just 19 years old and just finish my Fsc and i join forum to know whcih accountancy body
,which one is better which accountancy body qualified student get more oppertunities world wide not only in paksitan.
So khalid please forgive me if you hurt by my words.

I also want to know about for registration with icaew what i need to do in bachlor degree B.com 0r BBA I think both degree requires 2 years.
And when i get bachlor degree than for 12 papers of icaew can i study regular in a college or i also do practice with firm during the study of 12 papers or i join firm after completing 12 papers i join firms.
Is there is any college in london or other city which provide tution for 12 papers of icap or i study these paper private.

And last what are the duration of college study i mean 12 papers
Ok Understood Thank you.And Please reply After knowing if CAT can register with ICAEW so that i will be able to think about doing CAT.
Dear SMTJ

I called ICAEW today, and they put me on hold as i was held in que and my number was 5. i therefore hang up. I will conatct them again tomrow. But I have been told ICAP is not allowing ICAEW to conduct its professional stage examination in Pakistan, if it is the case then no one can start ICAEW in Pakistan, student first need to do ICAP or ACCA first. Hoever I will check this tomorrow again.

Khalid
Ok i am waiting.Is it possible to join ICAEW after completing ACCA from any institute in Pakistan.Mean with Pakistani ACCA?
Dear SMTJ

Yes you can join ICAEW after ACCA and ACA from ICAP.

Khalid
Pages: 1 2