Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA vs CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Hi goodman

this is definitely a big news, and i certainly owe u dinner now. Just spoke to a couple of CAs they werent aware of this news either. It appears that ICAEW simply over-ruled its members by going ahead with 'technically speaking' a merger in quest of market share.

i think this news is good enough to put a FULL STOP on debates over who is the best.

thanks for the info zubair

regards

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Goodman</i>
<br />ASK and pracs, you owe me a dinner on this information.

Well one of my staff recently brought ICAEW material as he wanted to have it done.

but i read ICAEW website for this and here is the link
http//www.icaew.co.uk/index.cfm?route=125720

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Goodman/Zubair.. I guess we can do that anyways,.. we have been trying to meet up for some time I, Azeem and DT (Abdullah) but have been unsuccessful to synchronize a time and place..

So kya khayal hae one of these Weekends..??
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>
<br />Hi goodman

this is definitely a big news, and i certainly owe u dinner now. Just spoke to a couple of CAs they werent aware of this news either. It appears that ICAEW simply over-ruled its members by going ahead with 'technically speaking' a merger in quest of market share.

i think this news is good enough to put a FULL STOP on debates over who is the best.

regards

ASK this is going to put an end to the ACCA question vs. CA (icap) I am just wondering what ICAP's policy would be in regards to an ACCA who's got a CA (ICAEW) after 5 years, would he be able to get reciprocal membership in ICAP .. after the tax and law papers i.e..

[/quote]

So kya khayal hae one of these Weekends..??
[/quote]

I think weekends would be bit difficult to manage - how about after work sometime though I would prefer after mid-june so that I am free from exam stress.
Anytime is good after this w/e.

regards

azeem
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>
<br />Hi goodman

regards

ASK this is going to put an end to the ACCA question vs. CA (icap) I am just wondering what ICAP's policy would be in regards to an ACCA who's got a CA (ICAEW) after 5 years, would he be able to get reciprocal membership in ICAP .. after the tax and law papers i.e..

I am also curious about it, uptil now ICAP did everything not to recognise ACCA as a proper qualification, I am sure this news will push ICAP's management a bit further.

Regards
Well guys. Good luck to those planning ICAEW route throggh ACCA. But i believe if you are planning to live and work in UK, it wont add much value having dual memberships. ATII would infact be much better.

Finally, I am visiting southall for dinner with friends on Sunday - 23 April (we meet up every two months or so). If any of you guys are free and can come, we will be pleased to welcome u.

If anyone is interested please email me or ring me. zubair40@gmail.com
Thats a horrible news. its really unbeleivable. pehlay tu main bohat khush hua magar jab mein nay yeh requirement parhi kay you need two ICAEW members as sponsors tu...[V]? this is difficult, rather an obstacle like gaining a training contract with ICAEW.

I'll be difficult to get sponsors for most of the people..what do you guys say?
well guys.... at first when ICAP let many exapmtions to ACCA persons .. but after that they found key in market the CA qualifieds are more then enough because of the full exaption given to ACCA's and as compair to ACCA CA is very tough so they stop givin the exaptions.
hey guys i m back

hope u missed me a lot

i was searching for somthing just saw a link to the site and remembered the gr8 time i had playing with ACCAs

still c my friend azeem whoose azmat is unmatched
i praise ur affiliation with the site and the farigh time u have as indicated by me on page 6-7-8 of this post. proven !!!)

read just the last few pages wanna congratulate u all ACCAs for getting the CAB driver membership of ICAEW

seems a gr8 offer at 1st but u still need to do somthings lets c how many of the local or foreign tom dick and hardy ACCAs are able to get these kind of free joy ride memberships!!!

have fun getting them n keep on explaining to all that u are an ACA

i dont know why u ACCAs wanna be called ACAs wats the big deal )

wanna be like us CAs

com on u r better than this

still asking for things for free

pl remeber nothing good in life is for free or even cheap

just ur dreams - they r free

pl make some efforts boys

i heard ACCA have risen the membership fees good business plan they distributed degrees at first and now incresed the rate good for them !!

just to remind u all

Quotable quotes bout ACCAs

ACCA is like a person doing a druggist (compounder) course and pretending that he/she will become a doctor.

Well ACCA also requires lots of professional hands on training for example u can complete ur 3 year training by preparing books for a beauty parlor. (true in UK). A STR can be signed by any tom dick and harry, nobody cares.

If ACCA is better or even equal to ACA why do most of the ACCAs opt for CA. Isn’t ACCA enough!!!. Why do very few ACA opt for ACCA. Is it because u don’t need an ACCA after CA.

Wats the minimum starting pay for an ACCA, don’t know ? why there isn’t any market. Fresh CA pays are well defined and very few are jobless if any.

Profession is identified by audits but paper 3.1 audit and assurance services is optional. Meaning a person can be an ACCA without studying audit at an advanced stage.

U r sure of passing ACCA, gr8 so anyone can do it. Gr8 quality na.

My own opinion the problem with ACCAs is that they always consider that they are equal or better that an ACA but they don’t try to prove it in the market. I am sure that an ACA will never promote an ACCA but ACCAs will have to remember that they have to fight to make their own market. If they don’t they can never be equal or better in Pakistan. Its just like ACMAs they can only advertise that they are the best paid in UK. Wat bout Pakistan.

waiting 4 ur lovely responses

i must have ignited a new spark in u all

i left kpmg a yr or so ago

now with a GSM operartor

guess wat i just hired an ACCA cause i could get things done from him at a cheap price

he sure is trying to make it big - my full support is with him

the ACCA is applying for jobs world wide lets c wat he gets

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Nascar</i>
<br />hey guys i m back

hope u missed me a lot

i was searching for somthing just saw a link to the site and remembered the gr8 time i had playing with ACCAs

still c my friend azeem whoose azmat is unmatched
i praise ur affiliation with the site and the farigh time u have as indicated by me on page 6-7-8 of this post. proven !!!)

read just the last few pages wanna congratulate u all ACCAs for getting the CAB driver membership of ICAEW

seems a gr8 offer at 1st but u still need to do somthings lets c how many of the local or foreign tom dick and hardy ACCAs are able to get these kind of free joy ride memberships!!!

have fun getting them n keep on explaining to all that u are an ACA

i dont know why u ACCAs wanna be called ACAs wats the big deal )

wanna be like us CAs

com on u r better than this

still asking for things for free

pl remeber nothing good in life is for free or even cheap

just ur dreams - they r free

pl make some efforts boys

i heard ACCA have risen the membership fees good business plan they distributed degrees at first and now incresed the rate good for them !!

just to remind u all

Quotable quotes bout ACCAs

ACCA is like a person doing a druggist (compounder) course and pretending that he/she will become a doctor.

Well ACCA also requires lots of professional hands on training for example u can complete ur 3 year training by preparing books for a beauty parlor. (true in UK). A STR can be signed by any tom dick and harry, nobody cares.

If ACCA is better or even equal to ACA why do most of the ACCAs opt for CA. Isn’t ACCA enough!!!. Why do very few ACA opt for ACCA. Is it because u don’t need an ACCA after CA.

Wats the minimum starting pay for an ACCA, don’t know ? why there isn’t any market. Fresh CA pays are well defined and very few are jobless if any.

Profession is identified by audits but paper 3.1 audit and assurance services is optional. Meaning a person can be an ACCA without studying audit at an advanced stage.

U r sure of passing ACCA, gr8 so anyone can do it. Gr8 quality na.

My own opinion the problem with ACCAs is that they always consider that they are equal or better that an ACA but they don’t try to prove it in the market. I am sure that an ACA will never promote an ACCA but ACCAs will have to remember that they have to fight to make their own market. If they don’t they can never be equal or better in Pakistan. Its just like ACMAs they can only advertise that they are the best paid in UK. Wat bout Pakistan.

Welcome back!

Back with the same crap!

Time doesn't necessarily mature thinking! atleast in this case it certainly didnt!

Your post reminds me of a famous urdu proverb....something to do with tail.

Best of luck with your new job.

Sincere regards

Azeem

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Nascar</i>
<br />waiting 4 ur lovely responses

i must have ignited a new spark in u all

i left kpmg a yr or so ago

now with a GSM operartor

guess wat i just hired an ACCA cause i could get things done from him at a cheap price

he sure is trying to make it big - my full support is with him

the ACCA is applying for jobs world wide lets c wat he gets

BRAVO!!!

AMAZING!!!

I AM DAMN IMPRESSED.

Congratulations on getting a job (I mean new job) and sharing the highlight of your career (hiring an ACCA), You give me a good laugh bro!

I was expecting some desperate remarks from frustrated CA(Paks)in relation to ICAEW's policy and there you go - my friend came up with the same old toming dicking and harying bull****. You havent moved on have you?

I am glad that there is atleast something which we both agree, NOTHING COMES FOR FREE!!! and thats exactly what goes for ICAEW's policy for ACCAs. This is what I call a well deserved and delayed recognition.

I want to write more but there is no point as you would back away again blaming your poor time management skills, LACK OF TIME.

A sincere advise plz dont disappear from the forum this time, not guaranteed but you may be able to learn something from us (excl me).

Kind regards

Azeem
NASCAR,..

Hey well come back,. I thought you had hit your head frolicking on the pavement some where in Pakistan (we do not know you all that well I suppose)and lost your memory or some thing. Good for you that you are still out there and kicking

Now do I hear pangs of jealousy there NASCAR... ????

I see that you just stumbled back on this forum again ? If I remember correctly you were last seen here as absconding ... we have been waiting for you to come back with a dignified response.

Thank u guys for the healthy comments epecially the tail one )

i knew it! i will be able to burn a new fire in u very easily

why cant u understand i think almost a year has passed but still no improvement in ACCA status in pakistan !

do somthing why dont u come back to pakistan and prove it here
make it big here

u r not much there anyway!!! or r u ?
so azeem dear r u still with the hardies or some other firm or in industry ?!!

like to know bout u - if i come to UK sometime would like to meet u it would so much more fun !!

on a serious note i like pracs & his words "we have been waiting for you to come back with a dignified response" have some meaning in it but i cant understand it )

dear pracs fun aside i just wanted to make the point that in pakistan ACCAs have to prove them selves with hard work n efforts no need to claim any thing , equality or superiority with any profession

n that CCAB is very expensive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35