Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA vs CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
NASCAR's just a cry baby that's all, so don't you all take heart to that... go on and do your best, you know what they say about caravans and a certain...
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />NASCAR, I have an animal proverb for you.. and I am sure you are going to enjoy it since you are enjoying all the fire works here (and this seems to be your only past time the last few days). It involves a dog, tail and some thing to do with .......

No offense to any one though,.. human or animal
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I was away for a day, cameback today and what I see is a birth of a puppy. Surely animals do multiply in no time. I hope this will give them a good laugh too.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> cant understand where did he find any logic in what i wrote its all illogical and it is just for teasing people who think ACCAs is some qualification to be proud of - it is just to make ACCAss angry -

I am glad you admitted that your intention was to TEASE, DISREPECT ACCA. I tell you one thing I am one of those who say if a street dog is barking behind you kick its *** so hard that next time before it barks should think twice. I am not going no where, I am here as I was here when you went away. You lost it then and you are losing now whatever you have (if anything). Your fellow CAs are cursing you, apologising on your behalf. What a shame isnt it? or do you call it fun.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">azeem sb
farigh time 673 posts = proven - posts every per day nothing better to do

nascar
busy mostly but like to play/have fun some time 15-20 posts =proven- happy have many better things to do

Azeem
Eager to learn from accountants working all over the world, due to his better time management skills, spare 15 mins a day for this learning process.

Nascar
A kid who hasnt got a clue what time management is, who is currently posting msgs more than Azeem (more than 1 post a day) and calling others faarigh.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">the current best pay that i know of in islamabd of a 3 yrs firm plus 1yr industry experience ACCA guy is max PKRs. 45K(but mostly are in 20s 30s). roughly 1/3 of what the best an ACA gets here most are at (60-90)some also have cars.

so in monetary terms 3 ACCA = 1 ACA

I didnt want to comedown to this, I hired a qualified CA(Pak)perhaps more experienced than you are on 12k pa GBP, I had to fight with my HR department to increase his starting salary to 16k just because he held a professional qualification. Should you wish to come to UK do let me know and I will get one for you as well! it will still be more than what you guys earn down there. This is the case here experienced ACCAs earn more than 3 times of what CA(Pak) earns here (exceptions aside). However, I wont write X ACA(Pak) = 1 ACCA, as I am not disgraceful as you are. Come on a common ground boy, Middle East perhaps and see who earns what.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Azeem sb said "I do agree with your advise, anyone aiming to work in Pakistan should go for ACA, if I were in Pakistan I would have done the same as your qualification makes you preferrable there"

just to clarify he wanted to say that he wish that he could be an ACA and in pakistan<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dream on! Alhamdulillah I have achieved whatever and whereever I wanted. I am very satisfied with what and where I am.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">To Mr. Goodman

This international bakra (so called globally recognized qualification "ACCA") is being slaughtered in Pakistan continously and if your good brains pick up the annual report-2005 and recent published magazines of ICAP you will come to know that local laws are gonna more strict to get this international bakra laying down on the ground and showing more confidence over ICAP products.

ICAPians, the unparalleled..<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Do you know you can be reported for this to ICAP, kid be careful!!!

Since you are into reading go and read the student rule book. I am deliberately not responding to you as you are NOTHING, but a bi-product of this creature. I am booting him out so you will come on track automatically. Did it give you a laugh?

Remember I said these four letters follow my name and such comments will be taken personal.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">i dont like draws either i win or i lose so wat u say!!!ACCA<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Go on champ! give me a tougher one this time!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>

I was away for a day, cameback today and what I see is a birth of a puppy. Surely animals do multiply in no time. I hope this will give them a good laugh too.

Since you are into reading go and read the student rule book. I am deliberately not responding to you as you are NOTHING, but a bi-product of this creature. I am booting him out so you will come on track automatically. Did it give you a laugh?

Remember I said these four letters follow my name and such comments will be taken personal.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">i dont like draws either i win or i lose so wat u say!!!ACCA<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Mr. Azeem

PS dont pick the post blindly, follow the reference through which I replied and to whom I replied. I think its the basic rule of this forum.
And you threatened me? Do it man, whatever you can do, just do it.

ICAPians, the unparalleled..

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>

Dear Mr. Azeem

PS dont pick the post blindly, follow the reference through which I replied and to whom I replied. I think its the basic rule of this forum.

Your post states my name.

Your post calls ACCA international.........etc etc

It is the contents which are important not the addressees.

I havent threatened you? I have only advised you to be careful!!!

If you will continue doing this, you can be reported (not by me), and dont take it so lightly kid! you dont know what consequences it can bring(again its not a threat a frank word of caution). I would never like anyones career on stake just because he/she likes to type before he/she thinks.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>

Dear Mr. Azeem

If you will continue doing this, you can be reported (not by me), and dont take it so lightly kid! you dont know what consequences it can bring(again its not a threat a frank word of caution). I would never like anyones career on stake just because he/she likes to type before he/she thinks.

Again I m saying that please read the reference to whom I replied and what he said earlier. If he can say anything, we dont have any right to protect?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>

Dear Mr. Azeem

Again I m saying that please read the reference to whom I replied and what he said earlier. If he can say anything, we dont have any right to protect?

I cant see GOODMAN writing any bad words for ICAP, his example (I think) is for the person whose posts are only enjoyed by yourself, everybody else is cursing him.

I know you are not this kind of a person, it is the bad influence you have taken from the loser. Thats why I wanted to caution you, if you have any grudge against a person, if you are offended by somebod's post - argue with him but dont start throwing mud on a professional qualification. I am sure you would never liked to be looked down upon because of your qualification, you are working hard to attain it, then how can you support someone and laugh on someone's posts disrespecting ACCA.

I would like to see Goodman's reply.

Regards
It seems to be an endless debate. I can't see any fruitfull finale over it.

Since, this CA thing is the first Pakistani qualfication which is being preferred over international qualifications and this is the matter of proud for all of us Pakistanis, and keeping in view this fact if one can't absorb this fact and denying this fact by one way or another, now this is unfair!

<br />It seems to be an endless debate. I can't see any fruitfull finale over it.

Since, this CA thing is the first Pakistani qualfication which is being preferred over international qualifications and this is the matter of proud for all of us Pakistanis, and keeping in view this fact if one can't absorb this fact and denying this fact by one way or another, now this is unfair!

Who is denying the fact that CAs are preferred in Pakistan? I even said that if I were in Pakistan I would have done the same. I never denied this fact what I denied are the basis people used to prove this preference, mainly they used the following basis

- salary/job market
- curriculum
- pass rate

Curriculum is more or less the same and in many cases ACCAs curriculum is far more updated. Pass rate is different due to different examination structures - paper base - part/stage base system. Salary/job market differs from location to location i.e. if you are in Pakistan CAs definitely earn more (we all know the reasons), if you are in UK ACCAs are paid more and in independant places like Middle East both enjoy roughly the same respect and earnings. It concludes that no professional qualification is superior to the other in essence, it is other reasons that make a qualification preferrable. Using such basis to demean other qualifications is pure absurdity and calling it fun/joke/game is lunacy.

People who support such ideas are only going to harm themselves with such views and thats what I always like to convey to all professionals/students. Respect! so others can respect you! I know how to deal with such lunatics, I have done it in past and I will keep doing the same in future!

I hope after reading the above you will reasses your comments you posted earlier and now you may be thinking if it was something to laugh over or to condemn. Helping evil spread is even a bigger sin! teasing, disrespecting someone is no way funny!

Kind regards
<br />It seems to be an endless debate. I can't see any fruitfull finale over it.

Who is denying the fact that CAs are preferred in Pakistan? I even said that if I were in Pakistan I would have done the same. I never denied this fact what I denied are the basis people used to prove this preference, mainly they used the following basis

- salary/job market
- curriculum
- pass rate

Curriculum is more or less the same and in many cases ACCAs curriculum is far more updated. Pass rate is different due to different examination structures - paper base - part/stage base system. Salary/job market differs from location to location i.e. if you are in Pakistan CAs definitely earn more (we all know the reasons), if you are in UK ACCAs are paid more and in independant places like Middle East both enjoy roughly the same respect and earnings. It concludes that no professional qualification is superior to the other in essence, it is other reasons that make a qualification preferrable. Using such basis to demean other qualifications is pure absurdity and calling it fun/joke/game is lunacy.

People who support such ideas are only going to harm themselves with such views and thats what I always like to convey to all professionals/students. Respect! so others can respect you! I know how to deal with such lunatics, I have done it in past and I will keep doing the same in future!

I hope after reading the above you will reasses your comments you posted earlier and now you may be thinking if it was something to laugh over or to condemn. Helping evil spread is even a bigger sin! teasing, disrespecting someone is no way funny!

Kind regards

No. CAs are the CAs and they cant be equal not just on the basis you mentioned but I have seen ACCAs working in CA firms, we people also work in market. I know their approache of working, applying shortcuts everywhere! So no need to write another post in response of this one because its not gonna work.

Yes, CAs are CAs, (in Pakistan) and if its only the ACA designation that matters then the distinction between CAs and ACCAs is going to be obliterated by ICAEW - CCAB route. It’s a reality and I don’t know why its so hard for people to accept it.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">No. CAs are the CAs and they cant be equal not just on the basis you mentioned but I have seen ACCAs working in CA firms, we people also work in market. I know their approache of working, applying shortcuts everywhere! So no need to write another post in response of this one because its not gonna work.

ICAPians, the unparalleled..<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Ali

Please let me know some of these short cuts as well, I am trying to think where these can be applied in practice where almost every single task is instructed in the audit programme or practice manuals.
I trained CIMA, ACCA, CA(EW), CA(Pak) trainees, they used to do what I asked them to do, they had to follow my instructions. Following the standard procedures and manager's instructions is trainee's responsibilty, if they dont follow them it is their own mistake, their professional body cant be blamed for this. Secondly you cant generalise your observation of few individuals on the qualification as a whole. Every now and then lots of CAs are reprimanded for corruption and unethical actions, you cant blame ICAP for their actions. It is the individual not the qualification. If a muslim commits a sin you wont blame Islam for that.....hope this makes sense.

You wrote in your post that you dont want me to respond to it as it will not work? Why is that? Isn't it like saying my toy is better than yours? when it isn't? I have expressed my views in a very neutral way, without demeaning a qualification. I havent said CA is inferior or anything, all qualifications are good and no one is superior to no one.

Kind regards
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hanifasif</i>
<br />Yes, CAs are CAs, (in Pakistan) and if its only the ACA designation that matters then the distinction between CAs and ACCAs is going to be obliterated by ICAEW - CCAB route. It’s a reality and I don’t know why its so hard for people to accept it.

It will be interesting to see ICAP's policy towards CA(EW). I can understand why it is so difficult for them to understand this fact. ICAP like ICAEW enjoyed this monoply over a long period of time, it is certainly not easy for them to see other professional bodies sharing it.

Kind regards

Azeem
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">No. CAs are the CAs and they cant be equal not just on the basis you mentioned but I have seen ACCAs working in CA firms, we people also work in market. I know their approache of working, applying shortcuts everywhere! So no need to write another post in response of this one because its not gonna work.

Dear Ali

Please let me know some of these short cuts as well, I am trying to think where these can be applied in practice where almost every single task is instructed in the audit programme or practice manuals.
I trained CIMA, ACCA, CA(EW), CA(Pak) trainees, they used to do what I asked them to do, they had to follow my instructions. Following the standard procedures and manager's instructions is trainee's responsibilty, if they dont follow them it is their own mistake, their professional body cant be blamed for this. Secondly you cant generalise your observation of few individuals on the qualification as a whole. Every now and then lots of CAs are reprimanded for corruption and unethical actions, you cant blame ICAP for their actions. It is the individual not the qualification. If a muslim commits a sin you wont blame Islam for that.....hope this makes sense.

You wrote in your post that you dont want me to respond to it as it will not work? Why is that? Isn't it like saying my toy is better than yours? when it isn't? I have expressed my views in a very neutral way, without demeaning a qualification. I havent said CA is inferior or anything, all qualifications are good and no one is superior to no one.

Kind regards

If the corruption has been occured, its the ICAP which takes action against its own members and maintains the quality control.

If the ICAEW has not been superseded by ACCA in its UK then ICAP in Pakistan is far far away for them. In the end I will say that my stance is not that, you people consider CA as inferior to ACCA, my stance is that don't consider ACCA to be equal to CA, its my own belive and perception and no one has right to impose his ideas but the person should be wise enough to make a logical judgement.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If the corruption has been occured, its the ICAP which takes action against its own members and maintains the quality control.

If the ICAEW has not been superseded by ACCA in its UK then ICAP in Pakistan is far far away for them. In the end I will say that my stance is not that, you people consider CA as inferior to ACCA, my stance is that don't consider ACCA to be equal to CA, its my own belive and perception and no one has right to impose his ideas but the person should be wise enough to make a logical judgement.

I dont consider CA inferior nor I consider CA superior to ACCA. Both are professional qualifications and should be respected. I appreciate your views and beliefs, no one has the right to impose his ideas on you but they do have the right to discuss them with LOGIC specially if you write something against it. I am not saying your perception is wrong, I am asking you and everyone on this forum to respect other qualifications.......calling ACCA an international....doesnt sound very positive.

If you think it is all down to ones own perception then I dont see any point discussing this issue with you specially with logics.

Best of luck with your studies and qualification, I sincerely hope you acheieve what you are aiming for.

Kind regards
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If the corruption has been occured, its the ICAP which takes action against its own members and maintains the quality control.

I dont consider CA inferior nor I consider CA superior to ACCA. Both are professional qualifications and should be respected. I appreciate your views and beliefs, no one has the right to impose his ideas on you but they do have the right to discuss them with LOGIC specially if you write something against it. I am not saying your perception is wrong, I am asking you and everyone on this forum to respect other qualifications.......calling ACCA an international....doesnt sound very positive.

If you think it is all down to ones own perception then I dont see any point discussing this issue with you specially with logics.

Best of luck with your studies and qualification, I sincerely hope you acheieve what you are aiming for.

Kind regards

Thanks dear for best wishes, same to you.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35