Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA vs CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
yes I agree with you Pracs, Nascar post does not make any sense. ICAP make take PPT because of graduates like Nascar. Frankly speaking I do not blame ICAP anymore.

Nascar I did not say anything against ICAP in My post. I just commented on her policies.

Kind Regards

Khalid Sipra
I usually like to ignore the likes of NASCAR,, etc. for I have seen many of them come and go, with tails behind their legs, but he is made it personal with me by degrading Pakistan, that is some thing I do not approve of no matter who it comes from. He's corssed the limitsI tell you
play on !!(meaning i can play more with new boys)

interesting - UK power (all new boys r from UK , i wonder where they come from and gonna end up - interns at hardy &CO azeem sb's firm))

or should i hold a banner saying "paki power" or will that be disrespect ful - its like when a african american says nigger to his fellow african american brothers - it no offence - so pl understand read again (old posts) and then refer to old things (self explanatory - azeem sb refered that i once wrote Paki somewhere, he took it out of context , i being pakistani its should not be a big deal for u in UK however if u r so unsecured, i say, dont be)

[ we have a lot of candidates in UK for future bombings
guys dont be so angry
control urself
u give me so much interesting reading - i think now i control u - i can make u angry when ever i want ] (read in one go , its just that a bomber's profile includes lots of anger, i find it here too, and that too just ignited by words, may be one of the ACCAs could be ignited enogh to bomb ICAP someday, why r u people so angry is it the sole purpose of ur life not to believe that ACCA is no match for CA in pakistan - as of today who knows the future)

azeem sb i didnt get a point by point reply - it was more bragging no qualitative response - read the points then reply - (i found his reply more of anger than anything else, i just compared pk CA(i cant write paki CA) )salary in UK to what the survey gave seem quite comparebale, i never said said survey was wrong it was useless in proving his point watever it was )

n where is the response to the test query (by Ali i think) - still searching the net(to find an answer) - short cut!! not so easy to find haan! (somebody refered that ACCA uses short cuts , i m refering / proving that)

seems we have a lot of ICAP discards in UK - (lots of people here not happy with ICAp passing criteria, seems they have tried and failed, so a biased response)

bye boyz - ACCA is gr8 - ) sorry i made a sign of happiness - in this so serious discussion for some (refering to pracs that he thinks that a sign make things non serious, i think it gives a better understanding to the comment and should be taken in a light hearted manner)

i didnt know ICAEW was so hard !!
so thats why u people opted for ACCA- short cuts ) proving ACCA were looking for short cuts but ICAEW has limited that n ACCA dont like it, just like exemptions were a short cut to being a ACA in pk

passing criteria ICAP - gr8 if u dont fail, refer to my very old (page 30 or so) post people, CFA does a similar thing as ICAP does depending on the paper toughness and minimum quality required.

pracs - i hope the UK security does not arrest you / me for writing bombings

u just say - it wasnt me - by the way how is your health - is ur heart beating fine )))

somebody said admission criteria - its just to filter the extremely disabled - it for their own good, i am not a graduate so sorry i dont know whether graduates know anything or not.

azeem sb hasnt showered his words of wisdom yet, more animals, lessons on maners etc to come

byeeeee, be happy not so angry ) miss me !

I wonder NASCAR, are you really an ACA. All the ACAs/FCAs I have come across have been real gentle souls similar to those proverbial boughs laden with fruit. I don’t remember I have ever seen any ACA/FCA behaving with the kind of pettiness (pardon me for the right selection of word) you show in your mails. ICAP breeds professionals, real professionals who develop that elegance that makes them look bigger, fuller, taller and impressive amongst other professionals and of course thats what make them worthy of respect. They don’t have to convince others that they are better but if I were to put you alongside with ACAs like Pracs you appear to be just a naught in every conceivable way. I am sure you are not an ACA Your words are so very non-ACAians (if I may coin a word). Your behavior is so very unworthy of ACA. Had you been one and had you been at some respectable position then instead of bitching about ACCA you might have felt satisfied with what you are.

So what you are most certainly a partly qualified CA student struggling your way through. And on this virtual forum where no one can find your real identity, you are trying to solace your wretchedly bruised ego for having failed to be an ACA. It’s the hollowness in you that is making you make fun of other fuller beings, perhaps in way to bring them down to a pathetically low level where you stand.

Wish you all the best in your struggle to be somebody worthy of respect.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Originally posted by Nascar
[ we have a lot of candidates in UK for future bombings
guys dont be so angry
control urself
u give me so much interesting reading - i think now i control u - i can make u angry when ever i want ] (read in one go , its just that a bomber's profile includes lots of anger, i find it here too, and that too just ignited by words, may be one of the ACCAs could be ignited enogh to bomb ICAP someday, why r u people so angry is it the sole purpose of ur life not to believe that ACCA is no match for CA in pakistan - as of today who knows the future) <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I think its you who are getting all worked up, you are just thrwoing up your words around, copy pasting them over and over again, why dont you learn how to use some very basic features on this forum.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">n where is the response to the test query (by Ali i think) - still searching the net(to find an answer) - short cut!! not so easy to find haan! (somebody refered that ACCA uses short cuts , i m refering / proving that) <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Before wasting more bandwith here and just rambling on have you actually read the thread with our response,.. or did you not understand the question to begin with ?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">pracs - i hope the UK security does not arrest you / me for writing bombings

u just say - it wasnt me - by the way how is your health - is ur heart beating fine )))<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I am all fine by the grace of God and in best of health, I am worried about you though, neurotic that you are I don't want to hear that you have been taken to a mental asylum worrying about the fate of ACCAs in Pakistan ! May God bless you with the best of health.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hanifasif</i>
<br />
I wonder NASCAR, are you really an ACA. All the ACAs/FCAs I have come across have been real gentle souls similar to those proverbial boughs laden with fruit. I don’t remember I have ever seen any ACA/FCA behaving with the kind of pettiness (pardon me for the right selection of word) you show in your mails. ICAP breeds professionals, real professionals who develop that elegance that makes them look bigger, fuller, taller and impressive amongst other professionals and of course thats what make them worthy of respect. They don’t have to convince others that they are better but if I were to put you alongside with ACAs like Pracs you appear to be just a naught in every conceivable way. I am sure you are not an ACA Your words are so very non-ACAians (if I may coin a word). Your behavior is so very unworthy of ACA. Had you been one and had you been at some respectable position then instead of bitching about ACCA you might have felt satisfied with what you are.

So what you are most certainly a partly qualified CA student struggling your way through. And on this virtual forum where no one can find your real identity, you are trying to solace your wretchedly bruised ego for having failed to be an ACA. It’s the hollowness in you that is making you make fun of other fuller beings, perhaps in way to bring them down to a pathetically low level where you stand.

Wish you all the best in your struggle to be somebody worthy of respect.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hanif you are spot on !! Empty vessels do make more nosie,.. what is so unfortunate is that this person calls himself an ACA and is giving us ACAs a bad name as well, not to say ICAP as well.
Hi

I will request everyone to ignore Nascar as he admitted that he is not graduate,so u can see his mental level.

I think that is why ppl say that acadmic qualification is very important inspite of that how many professional qualifications u hold.

I belive Nascar tried to come to UK, and unfortunately falied that is the reason he is yelling on ACCA. As far as ACA(PK) concerned I dont think he even pass a single paper as his posts do not make any sense.

I hope u all of them agree with me.

Kind Regards

Khalid sipra
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">n where is the response to the test query (by Ali i think) - still searching the net(to find an answer) - short cut!! not so easy to find haan! (somebody refered that ACCA uses short cuts , i m refering / proving that) <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Before wasting more bandwith here and just rambling on have you actually read the thread with our response,.. or did you not understand the question to begin with ?

No sir, I agree with you but, I dont agree with the confusing concept of only one ACCA guy who replied!

ICAPians, the unparalleled..
Ali Akbar,.. nice to see that an ICAP student agrees with me,.. but who is it that you not agree with this ACCA guy? dont be so diplomatic, this particular thread is about alot of things but diplomacy is not one of them!
M
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Ali Akbar,.. nice to see that an ICAP student agrees with me,.. but who is it that you not agree with this ACCA guy? dont be so diplomatic, this particular thread is about alot of things but diplomacy is not one of them!
M

I think diplomacy is something else, but if someone is himself confused and they are not sure what they are saying then I am sorry and if you look at their exagerations then its quite rediculous!

ICAPians, the unparalleled..
HI GUYS
I HAVE BEEN HEARING LOTS OF TALK ABOUT CA VS ACCA.I HAVE NOT ENTERED IN PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION YET.I WANT TO DO CA OR ACCA.
BUT DUE TO SO MUCH DEBATE ON CA VS ACCA ,I,M CONFUSED.I COULD,NT DECIDE WHAT SHOULD I DO? SOME PEOPLE SUGGESTED THAT IF U WANT TO STAY IN PAKISTAN U SHOULD DO CA AND IF U WANT TO GO FOREIGN COUNTRY U SHOULD DO ACCA.WHAT,S TAHT?WHY CA IS COMPARED AS SUPERIOR THAN ACCA IN PAKISTAN?
AND PLZ SUGGEST ME WHAT SHOULD I DO?
u should start reading this debate from page 1. '[)]'

i suggest if u may afford acca ,
then do ACCA and then do CA
it will not take much time(almost 6 years) and not soooooo much money

and forget about this debate

and also after six years u never think,like,
May be i will in better position if i was doing this or that
Saim,.

Don't worry the debate is going to go on even after you have qualified. My personal advise is if you have the will and the determination and the time (6 years) better go for CA,. you can always go for ACCA later on. Being a CA in Pakistan does mean that you are a holder of the prime accounting qualification.

This is not to undermine ACCA in any way, just that ACCA does not have the legal backing in Pakistan.
Dear Pracs,
Don't u think that ACCA is better to do CA , not bcoz due to gainig both ACCA+CA, but due to the ICAP's poilicy( specially regarding to passing the exams) i hav heared from many of my friendz that they hav done all the paper and even then not sure about passing it.
Even in my previous class of module-A more then 20 students totally failed
i hav seen, and personally in my family there are two members 1 tooks 3 years and other tooks 4.5 years for CA inter only, many guyz loss their time due to this and this relates not to the few but with majority it is happening.

But this doesn't mean that , all are passing like this, 1 of my cousin completed all his modules in first attempt except F , as u know many guyz get 'RAGRA' in it anyhow.
So if we have an alternative(and by evaluating u will find this alternative best) and if ca afford, then as per i know, i will b better.Anyhow every one has its own point of view
Well, I am doing ACCA and will be writing Part 2 final papers this summer. I visited this website 15 days ago and found this thread. I read the whole thread and I was confused whether I am in the right direction.
I chose to investigate. I visited the ICAP website and there I found past exam papers and I downloaded them. When I checked the final final papers of CA module, I was amazed by looking at the level of CA papers. There were question like consolidated balance sheet, P & L account, management studies and auditing. Now, just to amaze you I simply solve all the questions of what I have encountered throughout my studies. They were so simple and straight forward. There was nothing about special problems which are used by the ACCA examiners. Remember, I haven't reached the final part of ACCA (Part 3) but even I was able to easily solve the questions.

Now, let me tell you the prime of CA. Even being a student of ACCA part 2 and not having any practical experience, I was able to easily solve final module papers of CA. What I found you can understand easily. What ICAP is doing to there students is not the quality but the bull**** tension posed on the faces of CA that they even don't know there target. Without a target a mission is lame. Yes, even if they set the passing rate of 70 percent, I think there would be thousand of CAs every year. I can say that if they give me a target of 70 percent I would easily pass all the exams of CA in first attempts. May be the CAs are able to find these particular quality standard in practice of four years but the main question is what an ACCA will have after he goes for practice. Yes, he will be very much equipped with advanced abilities far more better than CAs.

My final conclusion is that you should approach ACCA and complete your work experience in CA practice firm. You would be far more better than CAs even after having experience of three years rather than four. You would be highly equipped with updated knowledge and highly advanced techniques which you were taught throughout your ACCA studies. I assure you only if ICAP set the pass rate for there papers CA would history. I think the only thing that is in the subconscious of employers is that CA is very difficult but by only labeling a pass tag on papers will solve this phenomena forever.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35