Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA vs CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
hi
Dont worry guys, the more flexible the qualification is , the more it will takeover the world market share.more funds will flow and more accountants will be ACCA working everywhere hence more recognition will follow automatically.Thats a very practical and realistic strategy which we dont understand.If you goto england , no one knows about ICAP , why, because there are no members working in UK or US markets.But in pakistan everyone knows about ACCA and day by day its recognition is increasing.Its flexibility does not in any way make it less better because not everone has to read all the subjects on offer cause its upto your sector you work for makes the choice of subject important, and hence you can read advanced tax or strategic financial management if your employer wants you to if you are working in those areas.ACCA does not believe in being STUCKUP/Maghroor accountants, but it believes in meeting the demands of the employer and market and because of that its taking over the world .Look in england ICAEW is so worried that ACCA will takeover the crown from it in the next year because its members will be more than ICAEW.And hence ACCA will be the number 1 body around the world.
ACCA believes that education should be availabe to everyone irrespective of market demands but if someone has met the standard , he should get through the exam and should not be failed just because he is not meeting the market demand.thats cruelty and injustice which God hates and also which market is the accountancy body thinking of..local..well ACCA thinks global and the world is the market of ACCA not only Pakistan and thats why ACCA is getting recognised world over.
I hope Mr Suleman ACCA thinks very different from you....ACCA is not a lay man and there are 1000s of different aspects to consider, your these baseless considrations has nothing to do with these cheap methods of Market Capturing...
Welcome Back..... Desert Sleet
Why are you welcoming yourself back, Mr. Desert?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Nauman</i>
<br />Why are you welcoming yourself back, Mr. Desert?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Kaise ho Nomi Bhai......
Kaisa chal raha hai kan sham
kab wapsi hai Khanewal...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheez
asalam alekum!!!!
hey ppl doing ACCA....bestttttttt of luck for xams!!
Walekum Salam aaeisha shah

and Aslamo Alekum all peoples

Mein ne b.com kia huwa hai . ab mere pass two choice hai ke MBA finance keron ya ACCA...

Question yeh hai ke MBA Finance ke baad kis kisim ki post aur responsibilties ki job miley gi and also as well as ACCA .........means that which one is best ?

In my view ACCA has no more courses other than MBA...please suggest....

I am doing job As Branch/Accounts/Opertaional Manager and also know about taxation ...

Thanks

Abdul Samad
Ok....just to put it out there...in my opinion the answer to the whole "ICAP's CA Vs ACCA" debate, the obvious winner is CA here in Pakistan and doing CA is more difficult than ACCA, no doubt about it, period. However, i still believe that if u do ACCA and some other qualification like CIMA or CFA then its an entirely different ball game as ACCA/CIMA or ACCA/CFA will always best a CA in any situation.......

Just speaking my mind, any arguments against my point of view are more than welcome )

Readers will be aware that ICAP has signed MOU with ICAEW whereby ICAEW will train ICAP members to gain ICAEW qualification.

According to this MOU ICAP members (who already have 3 to 5 years of experience in terms of articleship) will have to go through further training of 2 years in CA firm which are authorised to train ICAEW students in Pakistan. Moreover in addition to 2 training, ICAP members have to pass ICAEW 3 to 4 papers. Please bear in mind that ICAEW has two stages i.e Professional stage and Advance stage. Advance stage consists of 3 papers and professional stage consist of 12 papers.

AS I mentioned that some ICAP members have to pass 4 papers of ICAEW (i.e all 3 papers of ICAEW Advance stage and 1 paper of ICAEW Professional stage) in addition to 2 years training. It means ICAEW does not even think that ICAP qualification is equvilant of its professional stage.

By visiting ICAEW web site I found that Emile Woolf Pakistan (www.ewpakistan.com) is offering coaching for these 4 papers of ICAEW to ICAP members in Lahore and Karachi. If people will visit this web site they will find that Mr Muhammad Maqbool is Checif Exective of the Emile Woolf Pakistan. Mr Muhammad Maqbool was president of ICAP in 1995 and when he was president all ICAP council members of were ICAEW members. Its clearly means that this person wants to distinguish himself and so protecting ICAEW himself.

Now I need to mention what happened to ICAEW and ACCA (I am ACCA member) in India. ICAEW and ACCA did the same thing in India i.e they did registered some accountant firm in India so that these firms can train students. Parliament of India has passed the law (as ICAI convinced parliament) that no foreign institute including ICAEW and ACCA can register any Indian accountancy firm in Indian nor these foreign institutes can promote themselves in Indian. After Indian Parliament passed this law ICAI went ti supreme court of Indian and court decided that no foreign institute can promote itself in Indian.

Last years in an education fair in Indian ACCA and ICAEW were promoting themselves in Delhi and police came. As a result ICAEW and ACCA had to stop their promotion.

I have not understood that ICAP has signed this kind of MOU with ICAEW which makes ICAEW superior qualification even in Pakistan and its look that ICAP members are afraid of ICAEW. I meant to say that ICAP members with 3 to 5 yrs of experience have to pass 4 papers of ICAEW and go through further 2 years of training in Pakistan to become ICAEW members.

What message ICAP has given to its members and world by signing this MOU that ICAP and its members are not capable of competing with ICAEW even Pakistan, Its SHAME.

ICAP did the same thing in ACCA case. When ACCA was first introduced in 1995 in Pakistan. ICAP gave exemption of 13 papers out of 16 papers to ACCA Affiliate (please note that I used word ACCA Affiliate and not ACCA members secondly ICAP had total of 16 papers in 1995). When ICAP saw that ACCA is capturing Pakistani Market ICAP reduced exemption to ACCA Affiliate.

So what its means ICAP just makes policies without collecting any information. When ICAP council has this standard then we can imagine what will be standard of ICAP members. My making such stupid policies in rush ICAP is giving message to world that ICAP members (Please bear in mind ICAP council consist of ICAP members) do not have quality and if someone employ ICAP members then ICAP members will take important decision is the same way as ICAO council does i.e without collecting relevant information and without forecasting future impact of decisions.

ACCA and ICAEW

ACCA members are allowed to conduct Audit of plc, Investment business, Insolvency work and tax consultant in 80 countries of the world including Whole of Europrean Union, Canada, Australia, News Zealand, South Africa, Singapore and many many countries of the world.

Furthermore ACCA Affiliate (again not ACCA members) are required to pass ICAEW papers with three years of training (work experience). It means ACCA Affiliate can use 3 years experience to gain membership of two bodies i.e ACCA and ICAEW.

On the other hands ICAP member need 3 to 5 yrs experience to become ICAP members and then further 2 yrs experience to become ICAEW member. Means ICAP people need total of 5 to 7 yrs experience to become ICAEW member where in ACCA case the required experience is three yrs.

Moreover ACCA members with 5 yrs experience can apply for ICAEW membership through CCAB route without giving and passing any exams.

NOTE I do not recommend any of ACCA Affiliate to go for ICAEW as it is waste of time and money. Moreover ICAEW will not add anything to your CV.

At the End

Purpose of my article is not to humiliate ICAP as ICAP is doing it by itself, nor I want to prove that ACCA is better than ICAP. If ICAP members and students thinks that ICAP is better than ACCA, please continue to do so.

I just want to say that ICAP members should think carefully what kind of policies are being made by ICAP and that ICAP makes policies without collecting relevant information.

Kind Regards

Khalid
London
I am a CA student who started ACCA after completing module D. The papers are easier since you can take as many as you want and they all follow a set pattern. I dont intend to disrespect the ACCA qualification but it really is easier to pass than CA.

In todays market, you arent worth much if you dont have a certificate in your hands so i would advise all CA students to start ACCA simultaneously with CA, the course isnt much different and with a bit of hard work you will inshallah breeze through. Better to be an ACCA qualified when your articles end than a Unqualified CA.
Unseendemon,

You have given a good suggestion to students.

I appreciate. However, I believe CA is not tough. The problem is that, we (since I was also a CA student) don't work hard to the level we should do.

I know there is no other reason.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mroneflower</i>
<br />Hi

I am acca qualifed and agree with that ACCA is much easier than ACA. Its only because of ACCA policies. ACCA is making her qualification easy every single day.

Just like in new qualification ACCA kicked 3.7 out and make it option paper. It sound like in coming yrs acca will not have any market in business world.

Khalid, London
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Khalid was this really your post ?
yes it was my post, but when I review ACCA F9 course in detail, I found all important topics of 3.7 moved to F9. Moreover Current P4 paper is much more advance than 3.7.

so in short everything is alright in ACCA qualification. Anyway you did hard work to find my post. At least ACCA can critize ACCA qualification and ACCA is always happy to answer properly not like ICAP that even do not reply.

In any case ACCA courses are better than ICAP.

Khalid
I just stumbled on it by chance, glad to know you are open to change and criticism
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35