Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA vs CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
yaar ren day, did not you qualify CA via ACCA corridor (Pre 2001 scheme). now you have turned somewhat Anti-ACCA. Khuda ka khof kar yaar.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hanifasif</i>
<br />yaar ren day, did not you qualify CA via ACCA corridor (Pre 2001 scheme). now you have turned somewhat Anti-ACCA. Khuda ka khof kar yaar.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

What makes you say I am anti ACCA, do you guys need a class in English or what?. Hanif this is the least I expected of you ? I was trying to make a point for Khalid here.

Are you guys jealous, envious or what? Yes, I sat and passed for the maximum number of papers to pass ACA. Some ground realities can't change no matter how much you try to.

Hope you are doing well, and thank you for asking.
Pracs,

I think one should not convert the personal frustration into criticism. CritiCism should be for the sake of some positive outcome. Off course this is not meant for you.

Khalid so oftenly say that others speak without confirming things. His post referred by you again highlighted his ownself. I also saw his post some days earlier but did not call his attention to it. I thought it was not needed. People know him. He replied that an ACCA can only talk about ACCA. I wonder why he does not apply his rule to his own-self. He is an ACCA knows nothing about ICAP's qualification and always pose his noke into its issues. He is a source of amusement always. Don't mind him.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Dear In my above post I wrote.

<font color="red">so in short everything is alright in ACCA qualification. Anyway you did hard work to find my post. At least ACCA can critize ACCA qualification and ACCA is always happy to answer properly not like ICAP that even do not reply.</font id="red">

<b>When I said ACCA can Criticize ACCA qualification and policies</b>. I meant ACCA (person who is ACCA member) can Criticize ACCA (as a organisation/institute). and <b>When I said ACCA is always happy to answer properly not like ICAP that even do not reply</b>. I meant ACCA as a organisation can answer to its students, members and others. I also meant that ACCA as a organisation/institute does not have policy to not to reply like ICAP.

I hope it will clear my point.

If I never tried to take admission it does not mean I do not know anything about ICAP.

Khalid

Dear,

I don't know why ICAP has not been replying to you. It never happened with us even when we were not its students. I normaly ask the students to talk to ICAP whenever they need to know something authentic. I wonder why you were not replied.

It would be good if others also share their experience about such communications with ICAP.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
hello frined \
I am near to become ACCA affiliate
no doubt that ACCA is well organized exams body. But atleast here is pakistan employer only prefer the experince employee that only CA article contain
ACCA must do job to gain experince if ACCA wants to do articles then he should register himself for CA and claim CA inter, because as you will complete ACCA article you will also complete CA article..
You can attempt module E and F during Article so there is a chance of becoming CA also
this is best route
In Pakistan ACCA's has no worth because they donot have knowledge of tax and corporate laws so they can do only the jobs of pure acounting in Pakistan. Even for the jobs of internal auditors the ACMA's are prefered instead of ACCA's although despite of the fact that their field of specializations are audit and financial accounting.

Regards,

Awais Aftab
[quote]<i>Originally posted by khuldun</i>
<br />ACCA is basically a shortcut
you start looking for a job much ealeir than a CA
CAs on the other hand learn them selves to death.......they r like hafiz of accountancy when they leave study thus they are given more pref
But in fact even internationall the more competent job openings are for CAs

Kindly use your common sense, the above quoted aurgument is menaningless, even senseless, CA (ICAP) basically has a monopoly in the market of Pakistan and most of the executives are FCAs that is the another safe side for ICAP on the other hand ACCA is introduced in Pakistan near by 1995 or 1996 thats why most of the people are unawear of it.

ACCA has got a big research period in the field of accountancy and finance, more than 100 yers and is charterd by the queen of england in earlier 19s. ICAP even after establishment haven't got any research. Further ACCA has five perminent member in IASB and ICAP just have observres.
How could it be justified.
Give your reason and should be logical rather than "EMPIRE ESTATES"

Give you statics for the component Jobs for CA with comparison to ACCA

Hope to hear You Soon.

Regaeds,

Irfan
WELL I GUESS THIS DEBATE WILL NEVER end BECAUSE ACCA'S AND CA'S BOTH ARE BEST ON THEIR OWN YES IT IS TRUE THAT ACCA DOES NOT GET ANY PREFERENCES IN PAKISTAN BECAUSE OF LAW THINGY , BUT WHERE AS CA GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK,BECAUSE THE ARE THE PAKISTANI CA'S SOO ACCA IS KNOW AS THE GLOBAL Recognition DEGREE WHICH CA DOES NOT GIVE ALTHOUGH CA'S HAVE TO GIVE THE BRIDGE EXAMINATION GOING TO ANY OTHER COUNTRY AS ACCA DOES NOT HAVE TOO SOO THE THING IS THAT CA RULZZ IN IN ITS COUNTRY NOT ON THE WORLD ACCA does <b></b><font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS">DO LIVE WITH THIS FACT CA PEOPLE
Hmmm,In my opinion Both CA & ACCA are similar things,,but the only difference b/w these two is only the national support that the CA has got specailly in pakistan.as ICAP is fully under government..
CA=ACCA+National support....
Thats what i want to show you my fellows...while the scope and the knowledge remains the same in both of these....ACCAs dont get response what they deserve it is coz of govt not interested in it...
But dear ACCAs dont worry..a day will come where the ACCA will be proven a distingushed....
Dear Ravi
who told you that ICAP is fully under governnment ICAP is an autonomous body it is a self-governing body which consist for 16 council members in which 12 members are elected among the members of ICAP and 4 members are nominated by the government.So it is better not to say ICAP as a government body as everybody knows about the situation of our government if ICAP is a government body then there must be a lot of corruption and unfair means in it like our lower secondary and higher secondary boards have.I just want to remove your ambiguity about ICAP and learn to distinguish.I think you are unaware about CA(ICAP) thats why you said "CA and ACCA are same" there is a lot of difference between these qualifications but not in their work i don't want this debate in a nut shell just scrutinize the syllabus and past papers of CA(ICAP) then you will never say this again.

Kind Regards,

Faizan
I totally agree to you faizan
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ANAM NAZ</i>
<br />please help me people I took F.sc but I am having a supply. Can I do CA. I belo0ng to very poor family. HOW MUCH IT COST ME DURING 3 4 YEAR

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Anam,

I will suggest you to go for professional qualification only.

Sorry, I am not in touch with Pakistani educational system. But I believe you can do self study for CAT/ ACCA or ICAP. You might have to work harder then others who are studying in Academies. But believe me all that hard work is worth at the end. If you have decided to go for professional qualifications make sure you join any accountancy practice. I am not sure if they are paying great amount of money to start with, but again no pain no gain.

best wishes, Adnan

salam,
well as far as im concerned most of the ppl around me are planning to do ACCA as they say that we can get job easily,n CA takes a little longer time. so it is difficult especially for girls!!
i plan to do CA but im really frightened after reading all this!!!
so what should i do...i think i should do what i have decided to...right!!
For ETK

I would recommend u go for ACCA. The greatest advantage u will have in the end is u at least get a degree in your hand. Many people get stuck in CA. I myself is a student of CA. Stuck in Module F, done with the articles, searching for a job. Now whenever I apply for a job, I have got no degree in hand. CA Finalist is no degree. I cant even call myself a bacheler.

And considering the current job market situation five and a half years is too much a time to stick for a degree you dont know whether u will achieve in the end or not. By doing ACCA you will have a choice at the end of 2-3 years of starting a job or do CA.

People around u seem to be intelligent....So follow them...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35