Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA vs CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
I am a student of CA, done with the article ship and many of my friends are ACCAs. As this discussion has gone too long, I thought to conclude it at last by listing properties of both. I am giving this without any bias and disregarding of the fact that I am a CA student. Any of you can agree/disagree or add to this list

CA
1. Tougher when the exams and specially studying along with article ship/job is concerned. Plus the concept of bad referral (i.e. you have to perform equally well in all the attempted papers, you will not pass any paper if u get less than 40 in a paper)

2. The proof of toughness of CA is the fact that many students get stuck in CA but the same students do ACCA easily

3. Better recognition in Pakistan, as only CAs can conduct statutory audits in Pakistan.

4. Its human nature that more tough time he gets, more competent and hardworking he becomes so CAs tend to be more competent. Plus students more determined to their career go for CA because of all the difficulties, so the ‘Garbage In Garbage Out’ (GIGO) effect.

ACCA

1. Internationally recognized degree

2. Better study material and paper set up than CA. They do not design papers to confuse the student as compared to ICAP where data is really scrambled. Data is properly arranged in predictable pattern.

3. Because of the same old complex oriented kind of thinking we always praise a foreign degree more than a local one, disregarding how better is our own.

4. Better chances of getting the degree as compared to CA.

Conclusion Though ACCA has its own advantages but overall when you consider the above stated properties, CAs are well deserved to be at a better position than ACCA.
What i have observed from my experience that its not only the qualification which matters but also how you apply yourself i have seen CA qualified from the No.1 firm with post qualification experience of 10 years really struggling in his practical life.What i would suggest to aspiring CA or ACCA's is that best policy is to go for both qualifications simultaneously so after completing the articles at least you have one qualificaton in your hand.Comparing two qualification is just a waste of time.ICAP has edge in Pakistani Market and this edge will always remain as CA is a local qualification.

Zia
Assalam O Alaikom
My sweet friends dont waste your time on these topics. You are becoming to be professional people. Dont wander for degrees, qualifications or professional bodies. Prove yourself in the practical field. Become a good accountant, an auditor or a financial analyst. What you have to do is to gain full cover over the field in which you are working and INSHALLAH every of you will get a good return. Bring something new to the global business(especially) Pakistanis.
YESSS VVV CANN...
salaam!!! to every one. well! i want 2 ask which 1 iz better doin ca or acca? if we want to go abroad for our job rather than stayin in pakistan. also tell me which subjects are required for getting inta the CA field b/c i have to select subjects for my a-level

waiting for your replies.
allah hafiz
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by LionO</i>
<br />salaam!!! to every one. well! i want 2 ask which 1 iz better doin ca or acca? if we want to go abroad for our job rather than stayin in pakistan. also tell me which subjects are required for getting inta the CA field b/c i have to select subjects for my a-level

waiting for your replies.
allah hafiz
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Since you plan to go abroad, i would advise ACCA
Neither C.A nor ACCA requires any specific subjects for A level. You can choose any you like. You may choose Accounting, Economics and Business studies
The main problem with this argument is that people tend to compare ACCA Affiliates with full CAs (ICAP members with 3/4 yrs of articleship). Whereas the fair comparison would be between an ACCA member with complete 3 years of training and a Full CA.

Now after that, one simply cannot tell which one is better because of the difference between the quality of experience each of them has gained. One of them might have worked in one of the Big 4, while the other in a small firm.

But even then, the competence, ability and intelligence of each of them possesses is based on their own effort and hard work they have put into their qualifications. That is what ultimately decides what kind of job he will get. Their market value is decided on these factors since the employer is not concerned with our qualification but our ability to deliver what he requires from us.

ACCA & CA are simply two platforms which allow us to gain the knowledge and experience we require to boost our careers and its up to an individual on how he chooses to uses them.

So just by saying that CA's are more intelligent than ACCA or vice versa and any other similar argument is just plain stupid for this topic.

Regards
1. According to NARIC, ACCA is considered equivalent to a UK Masters degree and ACA (ICAP) is considered equivalent to a UK Bachelors degree, hence ACCA gets more points for UK immigration purposes;
2. At present ACCA members get more exemptions from the ICAEW than ACA (ICAP);
3. ACCA has much more recognition all over the world (including US/Canada, Europe, Middle East, Australia) as compared to ICAP;
4. ACCA has MRAs in place with a number of major accountancy bodies around the world, unlike ICAP. So ACCA members can practice accountancy almost anywhere by joining a local accountancy body.
So, in my humble opinion, if you at any point in your career wish to move abroad or simply want to keep your options open, you should go for the ACCA qualification. However, if you wish to always live and work in Pakistan you should do ICAP.
I completely agree with the forum member who commented above that it is wrong to compare ACCA affiliates with ICAP members. Only ACCA members (with 3 years recognised accountancy experience) can be compared with ICAP or ICAEW members.
Inko
London
hey
I am an alevel student and am really confused about what to do next.
I have got acca in mind but am not sure whether i should complete it from here or from abroad(canada or uk)! i dont wanna end up in Iba or lums completing BBA which currently seems to have no demand!
what should i do?please help!
"Students" would have been a better section to post in Rameesha
You can study ACCA in the uk, perhaps with an institute which offers a topup degree with the ACCA. That would make you eligible for a post-study work permit(if you require one that is). The institute can help you out for a placement too
Rameesha What profession do you want to go into? Do you want to be an accountant?
Ink0
Salam,

I think a relevent BSC degree from a uk university always helps especially if one gets it from one of the top ones.

After graduation one get different options,so can move towards professional qualification.

Regards.
And the debate continues for it is perpetually destined to...
Always confusing.agar ye debate hamare profession join karne se pehle conclude ho jati to kitna acha hota.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by usmanafzal72</i>
<br />Always confusing.agar ye debate hamare profession join karne se pehle conclude ho jati to kitna acha hota.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dont worry! U will live the day when we will be retiring and this topic will be raging on n on P

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35