Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA vs CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Salam.
My name is Umer Aziz.
I have recently ended with my A levels.
I am looking forward towards a career in accountancy.
I have decided to do CA. Would it be better starting with ACCA and then completing CA.?
OR directly into the main stream i.e the modular thing?
I wish to do in the least of time. and also want to go abriad.
Can anyone help me in this matter.
Assiatance will be highly appreciated
ACCA has been increasing in importance and will continue to do so as it becomes more well recognized throughout the world... ACCA over CA if you ask me.

If you are interviewing with big 4 firms, try http//www.big4interview.com for resources. Good stuff to help you guys.

Cheers
How many of you think that doing CCA in London is a perfect choice.
guys acca is better than CA pk in the sense that acca is globally recognized while CA in pk get preference in pak only so narrowly speaking CA is best and in broadly sense ACCA is best.
Hey All,

For all of you looking at whether or not to begin hiring for Big 4 firms, there is an article called "Big 4 Hiring Statistics Analysis" at http//www.big4interview.com that you should check out... It goes over recent hiring figures and outlook for 2011. Its currently the first post.
salam]

ACCAs always crying on every forum, whether a question is asked about audit, cost budgeting, bla bla bla...., Anyone doing ACCA starts discussing that ICAP discriminates them etc etc.... plz guys, don't cry in every forum!

make a forum (and u have already made a lot) and discuss the problems caused to you by ICAP.. that will be nice!

thnx
ICAP has taken a bold step and has reduced the exemptions on the basis of ACCA qualification.. I observed during the last many years, that ACCA stream students towards CA (ICAP) has increased a lot as compared to CA (Intermediate - ICAP) students.. So, ICAP has closed a bit this CHOR-DERWAZA..

Furthermore, as far as Pakistan is concerned, ICAP should be a dominating body, at least. kuchh tu Pakistan ka aisa ho, jo Pakistan k ander reh ker b Pakistan mein dominate keray as compared to outsider qualifications.. )
Great discussions of this post..thanks!
If we compare ACCA and ICAP, then ACCA is far behind than CA.

1. In Pakistan only ACA can audit the financial statements, ACCA is not eligible to audit the financial statements.

2. Mostly ACCA adopt UK based taxation and Corporate and Mercantile laws , this reduces their ability to deal with tax and corporate matters in Pakistan. ACA's are considered expert in dealing tax and corporate matters in Pakistan.

3. ACCAs do not study the Functional English, Quantitative methods and Economics which reduces their scope to deal with these subjects.

4. The very low standard exam passing criteria also allow an ACCA to pass the exam with selected studies. This fact is also known by the employer and which causes a preference to ACA over ACCA.

5. The number of Qualified Chartered Accountants of ICAP is 5078 which is very very low as compared to a huge amount of ACCAs which shows the importance of ACAs.

hello..
im an ACCA student and i still have 3papers left..can i work in accounting firm even without completing my ACCA. Do the big 4 accept me?
hi,

I am new user this post ,

This is very nice post.
@ Afeeq
i fear u can apply in EY atleast bt do confirm it by contacting them.

Without any doubt CA is far better than ACCA either within pak or international set-up.
na khatam hony wali fazool behass. there is only the one who have relevant and most appropriate accounting and audit knowledge is preferred by employer whatever the professional qualification he has..
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Umer abdul aziz</i>
<br />Salam.
My name is Umer Aziz.
I have recently ended with my A levels.
I am looking forward towards a career in accountancy.
I have decided to do CA. Would it be better starting with ACCA and then completing CA.?
OR directly into the main stream i.e the modular thing?
I wish to do in the least of time. and also want to go abriad.
Can anyone help me in this matter.
Assiatance will be highly appreciated
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

i think acca would be better..i say this because acca can be done in the least time period as compared to ca. ca is unpredictable, and with changes in the policy, it will be tougher.. acca is less depressing and recognised in the whole world since its a british qualification.. in pakistan, although ca rules, but acca isnt that bad either...

if you want to do ca later on, you can apply in big 4 and start giving ca exams...so instead of wasting your time completing module a-d in 2 years (or more), you can complete most or whole acca in the same time period...this means you can also visit companies for a job with acca tag, and can also go abroad as you will have a qualification with you...after ca inter, you can not do all this! its not worth it...

and since you are from a levels, you know the british education system, so acca wouldnt be tough for you as far as the format and studies are concerned.

good luck!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35