Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CIMA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can anyone tell me the names of institutes that offer CIMA cources???

hi sonu...
about CIMA well in pakistan there arent many institutes that offer it.. I can assure you that there is none in Lahore.. coz i am there myself these days.. well about karachi other memebers may tell you....

Muqtader Abbas Shah
salaam all,

hey sonu, let me tell tht all the accreditted colleges of ICAP (CAMS, SBS, CMC, TSA, Alhamd etc etc) r offering tutions for CIMA students. specially CMS n CAMS r CIMA-accreditted institutes n approved tution providers for it. CIMA has not stricted its students to get tutions from particular providers. u may join ne of the ICAP colleges for its tutions.
plz vizit
ALL FORUM ->STUDENTS->CIMA dated Dec 13 2003 or click following link

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=539

here i have given all the details abt CIMA.

FARHAN
Thanx for your replies. Actually i am new student of accounting and i don't know much about accounting. Can u plz explain the difference between management accountants and chartered accountant.

<font face='Verdana'>
salaam all,
well mr. sonu, i cannot reply with 100% accuracy ... bcoz i have no link with accounting at all, i have just got admission in MBA n my classes r yet to commence. but i can try to explain it according my limitted knowledge tht i got from this forum.
chartered accounting is mainly abt professional financial accounting including auditing n taxation as the main strong points. ACA, ACCA r in this paradigm. basically they r "auditors"
management accounting is a mixture of many things, it encompasses finance, accounts, mgmt. skills n many similar things. ACMA,CIMA,CMA etc r in this category. basically they r in financial management. if u vizit the website of CIMA, they have highligted the phrase "world class financial management" on their main page. but in the professional life, the differences start to blur as u proceed n gain experience. both can do the same jobs n get the same designations. it dznt matter a lot in the long run.
the main reason tht CA is prefered is tht they go through very tough 4-yr-articleship n they have complete command over the laws of taxation n audit of tht country. but mgmt. accountants r also in high demand arround the globe.
i m sure tht other fellows of this forum will clarify it in much more detail
</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN
hi !

i know that CA is prefered but does CIMA have a a good career prospect in pakistan?
salaam all
well mr. S.Lakhani, CIMA has really a great future not only in pakistan but all arround europe, mid-east, asia pasific n virtually all arround. the reason it iz not popular in pakistan yet is simply the lack of awareness n nothing!!! but i m sure the things will change +vely in comming future, specially after the arrival of much vaunted WTO. whn foreign companies will gain influence here, they will definetly demand for international qualifications along with the local ones as well. i have just come accross the demand for CIMA from a big foreign group while i was scrolling the daily DAWN newsppr. so u see, companies have started realizing CIMA here in pakistan as well. i have heard tht most of the CIMAs leave pakistan after completing it. this might b the one other reason also. newayz, CIMAs do get jobs in pakistan also.
i have many ppl in my circle who r already CAs, ACCAs, ACMAs etc etc n r in good designations in local n multinational groups. many of thm r also doing ACMA(CIMA,UK) along with the job. whn i talk abt it with thm they tell me tht ACMA(CIMA,UK) is a very good business qualification tht complements n supplements ur skills n knowledge. n it iz equally valuable for ne professional who iz in accounting/finance/business profession, irrespective of previous qualifications.
one last thing, CIMA iz the name of the institute tht offers this qualification. the name of qualification is ACMA, ie u will write the initials of ACMA (not CIMA!!!) after u complete it ... u can write ACMA(CIMA,UK) for clarification if u dont wanna mingle it with ACMA(ICMAP,Pak).

FARHAN
Go through the list of Fortune 100 bluechip entities and their highest paid C.F.O.s .
The ranking is somewhat as follows

No 1 , 2 , 3 ACMA of CIMA

No.4 CA

No 5 ACMA of CIMA

No 6, 7 CA

No. 8 ACCA

Go through the list of Fortune 100 bluechip entities and their highest paid C.F.O.s .

No.4 CA

No 5 ACMA of CIMA

No 6, 7 CA

No. 8 ACCA

No.4 CA

No 5 ACMA of CIMA

No 6, 7 CA

No. 8 ACCA

No.4 CA

No 5 ACMA of CIMA

No 6, 7 CA

No. 8 ACCA

No.4 CA

No 5 ACMA of CIMA

No 6, 7 CA

No. 8 ACCA

No.4 CA

No 5 ACMA of CIMA

No 6, 7 CA

No. 8 ACCA

No.4 CA

No 5 ACMA of CIMA

No 6, 7 CA

No. 8 ACCA