Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA or B.Com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have completed my FA exam with pre-engineering from karachi. Now i am looking for doing ACCA. For that reason i have to join CAT first to take admission in ACCA. It is good for me to do ACCA or first i do B.Com because i donot know about commerce.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by omer42</i>
<br />i have completed my FA exam with pre-engineering from karachi.then i am looking for doing ACCA.For that reason i have to join CAT first to take admission in ACCA.It is good for me to do ACCA or first i do B.Com because i donot know about commerce.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

hi omer i had O LEVELS AND ALEVELS IN SCIENCE subjects but decided to change to commerce , so its better u go ahead with acca knowledge module... its will help in th efundamental papers ..so better start from the beginning [)]
if u do CAT ,u will then get exemptions from the ACCA's first 3 papers ...both ways u will benefit [)]

i suggest that you should do B.com
I will not advise to do CAT after FA. You should do bachelors in any aubject of your choice and after bachelors start ACCA. To go for any professional qualufication like CAT, ACCA or ICAP is not recommemded.

Khalid
I will suggest that you should go for CAT instead of b.com only if you want to do ACCA otherwise you have lot of choices..
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mroneflower</i>
<br />I will not advise to do CAT after FA. You should do bachelors in any aubject of your choice and after bachelors start ACCA. To go for any professional qualufication like CAT, ACCA or ICAP is not recommemded.

Khalid
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

yar khalid what's wrong man... kahien you just blindly support ACCA and kahein you simply say " To go for any professional qualufication like CAT, ACCA or ICAP is not recommemded. "

looks like you are really too confused whether to support ACCA anymore or step back finding no more ARGUMENTS (baseless ones)because you never came up with a ground reality and a fierce one.
well dear omer CAT would be supportive if you really intend to do ACCA.
it can help you throughout your ACCA 2nd module (or what ever we call it)
ACCA would really help for whatever you study further in life. you claim exemptions in majority of the other PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION. like ICAEW, ICAP, ICAS , ICAI (ireland), ACT (association of corporate treasurers) and many more.

if you plan to settle abroad then ACCA is the best option.
but if plan to settle in pakistan and you have some real good guts to study then go for ACA from ICAP.
Dears

Perhaps i did not make my point clear enough. i wanted to say to go after any professional qualification is not recommended after inter.

i will prefer bachelors than CAT after inter,

khali
Salam,

My name is Usman, Well, if you have done FA, then why r u going with CAT route, my sugession to you to join directly ACCA,CAT is too expensive, so you register with ACCA & continue your b.com with ACCA.
ACCA will cover many subjects of b.com & vice versa.
I am also from Karachi & studant of ACCA & APA.
so you should register with ACCA with MATURE ROUTE STUDANT.
No qualifications required for above route.

Best regards,
Usman
u can join throught the Mature Student Entry Route only if u r above 21 yrs of age.
Dear All,

I am new to this forum , I am working here in kuwait in the field of accounts speially dealing with overseas purchasing , i have done graduate in commerce . I want to upgrade my professional qualification and thinking ACCA is the best option . I also have plan if I go for CA from UK or Canada . I just want to know as i am already 32 years old so can someone suggest is it still useful for me and should i go for ACCA and then can i go for CA from abroad?? or should I try for MBA but for MBA i have the only option is of virtual university.

Please advise me how long it will take to complete ACCA and then wat route and where should i start CA . Also advise if age does matter ???

Regards

Azmat Tahir
Dear tahir,

Although age should not be a barrier for obtaining or enhancing one's education/qualification & I have seen people doing their Phds at the age of 40-45, yet age does matter a lot in terms of responsibilites as our responsibilities increase with the age. I assume you are married and if not, even then there would be some responsibilities on your shoulders like of parents, brothers & sisters etc.

1-CA is a full time program which will consume your 5-6 years and you will have to leave your current job as well as you have to do 3-4 years of training in registered CA firm for completing your CA & by the time you complete your CA you would be 37-38. If you really have passion for CA and if you don't need to worry about your bread and butter for another 5-6 years then go for CA right now, no need to go via ACCA, but getting a training contract at this age would be a hard job for you.

2-If you cannot leave your current job for the sake of earning livelihood for you and your family then CA must not be your choice. Doing something which does not disturb your present life setup would be good. MBA from VU is good option which is easy and would be at nominal fees and you can complete it in 2 years time. ACCA would be more better though a bit more expensive but it have wide acceptance. If you choose maximum 3 papers per attempt of ACCA even then you can complete your ACCA in 2.5 years and by the time you pass your 14 papers of ACCA you would be ACCA qualified by fulfilling practical experience requirement while remaining in your current job. So you may be an ACCA qualified in 3 years time.

If I am at your place I would take up option 2.

You better decide your way keeping in mind your present life setup.

Regards,
Dear Mahmood,

Thanks alot for your advise and I think its the best option I can avail according to my circumstances.

I think I can start ACCA plus MBA from virtual university.

Mr Mahmood can you also advise me that what is the average age for an CA???

Regards

Azmat Tahir