Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Is this Job or Training? Highly Confused
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Asalamualaikum

Its Shoaib , I am from Karachi 1st of all thanks for reading my thread ) i`d like to ask some Questions to all you helpful People that are always there to help juniors ) its just amazing of you all )

Well , I am student of B.com Final year well awaited for my B.com final year result. So i applied for a job somewhere through the Internet and they called me for an interview some weeks ago , so i went there so After interview i came home and now Yesterday they called me again and said kindly Come for a final interview now dats the point where interesting thing start . So i walked in the office of the S E O who was also Chief Consultant of that firm . Basically they are Consultants and trainers.running their Training institute also . So the interviewer talked to me and then he said that they have made some policies regarding the person who gotta just join them as an employee like the way i am . So he said Employee has to undergo a training of 3 months in which they will prepare us very well for all the taks and they will also issue a Certificate for that . Well training is a common thing and its like a part of Recruitment ( thats what i studied last year in B.com final ) well now the strange thing is ` He said i`ll have to pay for the training ` . Keep in mind that we were called at their institute rather than the office I even dont know where the office is , so yar i am really confused ( please guide me yar ( should i go for it? 3 months training is going to cost a fortune to one who is jobless and specially when u r a burden enough on your parents ( though they love you like always but in this age i gotta do something for them instead of just asking for my needs and stuff ) ) so please i am very much confused getting this thing ( .

. I am afraid of getting into FRAUD or stuff ( please help me please (

Note ; They said i`ll b hired for office not for the institute .
similar thing happened with a family member of mine. here in the UAE there r several so called recruitment offices, he was given a call for a job interview in dubai. when he went there he found out that the office was a training institute. same thing happened with him, he was told on his 2nd interview that to get the job he will have to do some sort of training course at the institute and will have to pay (a good amount) for it. he was told that after the course it is not the institute responsibility to get him a job, rather it will depend on his "luck".
i see (
no u should ask them frankly whether u will be offered a job or not after completing ure training.
i asked api they said yes u will ,, but i m afraid to a great extent api i m not going to do anything wid that firm ,, just pray for me yar
You have not said what sort of training they are going to impart? will it add value to you ?

Despite these questions, please note that no proper employer will ever ask you to pay for the initial training period, from the smallest accountancy firm to the MCBs and OGDCs. The cost of training a 'fresh' candidate is always borne by the employer, that is why 'fresh candidates' are paid less at the start.