Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Prospect of Internal Audit/Risk Services Articles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently been registered with FRSH in brs. for an ICAP CA. What will be the prospect for internal audit and risk services articleship, as a trainee obviously?

need some opinions
better be factual/rational, no guess work, plz
Dear,

Everything carries its exposure and opportunities to learn. Audit provides you a chance to learn about IFRSs, ISAs, presentations, disclosures and other such principles.

Internal audit and risk services give you a lot of opportunities to become much more vibrant.

You will learn the underlying facts which one cannot see in simple audits. You will learn systems, procedures, controls, processes, production/manufacturing related technical know how, corporate governance matters, investigation and mapping of risks and related measures, feasibility studies, income estimations, due diligence studies and investigations, COSO implementation, HR related policies and procedures, SOPs, manuals etc etc. There is so much to learn in this department.

However, TOs cannot retain their students in one department or area of learning and hopefully you will be getting rotation to comply the percentages of training time to be filled in your time sheets/ICAP's software.

BRS is very good if you get a chance to be rotated in audit and assurance as well as for some time in tax.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Dear,

Everything carries its exposure and opportunities to learn. Audit provides you a chance to learn about IFRSs, ISAs, presentations, disclosures and other such principles.

Internal audit and risk services give you a lot of opportunities to become much more vibrant.

You will learn the underlying facts which one cannot see in simple audits. You will learn systems, procedures, controls, processes, production/manufacturing related technical know how, corporate governance matters, investigation and mapping of risks and related measures, feasibility studies, income estimations, due diligence studies and investigations, COSO implementation, HR related policies and procedures, SOPs, manuals etc etc. There is so much to learn in this department.

However, TOs cannot retain their students in one department or area of learning and hopefully you will be getting rotation to comply the percentages of training time to be filled in your time sheets/ICAP's software.

BRS is very good if you get a chance to be rotated in audit and assurance as well as for some time in tax.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
thanx ya buddy, alot of rleef. btw which firm r u in? if not in industry, ofcourse. btw dont tell me u r kamran shahid..., plz