Accountancy Forum

Full Version: UAE - Market Situation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Dubai Visas Data

Average net work visas issued per month till November 2008
59,000 work visas.

Number of net work visas issued December 2008 40,000 work visas

Number net work visas issued January 2009 31,000 work visas.

Number of average net work visas issued Feb 2009 1000/day.

Net Work Visas means New Work Visas less canceled work Visas.

Source Raed Safadi, the chief economist for the Government of Dubai.)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Dears,

Moral of The Story
It’s all in your MIND! And we actually FUEL this recession much more than we think we do!

Regards,

KAMRAN.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks Kamran for sharing this.

Dears

In professional world and literature it is not called “pain” but an act of whistleblowing. Though people may “rub” the word “pain” to divert the matter from their mistake rather than simply accept it.[)][)][)]

Readers may enhance their knowledge (if they like [Wink]) to understand what the term "whistleblowing" is, at the following link;

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblower

Regards
It speaks what it is.

)

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Hello Everybody,
that was a good example by Kamran. I am not sure to what extent it can be true in reality in case of massive business defaults. I am still unable to know whether it is the rumor that causes more damage than the real event or whether the economic situation is in fact so bleak that it is causing these business failures. To be precise this time, I am focusing on US economy.
In my opinion, no businessman will be so gullible to act upon someone's advice like in the example posted by Kamran. Rumors or recessionary fear might trigger fluctuation in the prices of the assets but again i am unsure whether it can surely impact ones judgement to downsize, cease operations in fear of recession knowing his or her business profit is unaffected by any such rumors, economic fluctuations, recessions etc. I hope I am not confusing you all with what Im trying to get across.
i am still unable to start Dr. Kurt discussion because of being tied up in job search, CFA prep etc.
salam to all
is thre anyone who could help me in finding the job
i v MBA /M.Sc
riaz ahmad
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by riazahmad</i>
<br />salam to all
is thre anyone who could help me in finding the job
i v MBA /M.Sc
riaz ahmad

I am in the same shoes brother. Keep your search going.
Dears,

I may let you know that Doctor Curt Richebacher passed away last year. However, people are working to revive 'The Dr. Richebacher Letter' and are continuing his unfinished work.

After the eventual end-up of some idiotic allegations and over-smart discussions, I now think it expedient to let the members know that I have all the required permissions to quote the article of Dr. Curt Richebacher on any professional forum.

I, in one of my earlier posts, wrote that while quoting this article I knew someone will be raising this question. Even after reading these comments, our "ethically sound wise brother" could not understand the matter. I am not disgracing anyone particularly but the whole drama of ethics created by one fellow member carried no sense since no one was confirmed that whether or not I have such authorization. I wonder if any one has the capacity of conceiving ILHAMS.

If some fellow carries any misconception, he can confirm it directly from the concerned organization of Dr. Richebacher.

Now is it whistle-blowing or something else? I expect no sane comments keeping in view the tendency.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Dears

Just for information of the readers, if the permission is not taken in WRITTEN PRIOR to replicating the whole of copyrighted material, the act of copy/pasting still remains the act of plagiarism. Further, there is much difference between replicating and just quote a copyrighted material. When someone without PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION copy/pastes the whole of copyrighted article, he/she replicates which is an illegal act, but simply providing a weblink of copyrighted material is called "quoting". Yes, these terms are little difficult to understand.

Now, people may claim that they already had prior written permission, but were holding it. I would not wonder if they say so. Even it would not be amazing if someone would claim that he/she has permission to replicate all the copyrighted material available on whole internet. However, it is at-least very amazing to know that out of all pure economics literature available on all internet resources, some people were very smart that they already had prior written permission to copy/paste very specific pure economics article related to very specific discussion on this thread. Even a very naive student of accounting can calculate the probability of occurrence of such event, and can question about reasonability of such claim. Perhaps someone already had some "ILHAM" about future events. [)][)][)]

In response to reasonable objections, use of words like "idiotic", "oversmart", "no sane comments" simply proves the "tendency" of the poster that can be "viewed" on this thread, whole forum, and all other threads wherever other members refused to agree with. Usually, here the poster brings the unique personal automatic legal right of "like is to be treated likely" or unique personal automatic legal right to respond in such a way because dissenting members were "rubbing" their views. Moreover, what can be said when our "mistakes proofed wise brother" says "no sane comments" to reasonable questions even when the links of explanations of professional terms were provided. Further, why some people appear to be in so much "pain" if it was only a "non sense objection"? [)]

It is not difficult to use such words. Perhaps some people feel personal inner comfort in such words. Though anyone can use these words, but not all posters go down to that level, because these words distinguish between personalities. [)]

Now, I can expect the nature of the (reply) comments keeping in view the tendency which I have explained in above paras. Whether those comments would be sane or no sane, I would leave on discretion of other readers. [Wink]

Regards
Dear Toronto_Boy

You are wasting your time here especially with this particular poster.

Khalid
Dear mroneflower

It is a nice surprise to see your post here. Welcome...

Yeah, you are right, I forgot the suggestion I gave you. Thanks for reminding me.[)]

Regards
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />Dears

In professional world and literature it is not called “pain” but an act of whistleblowing. Though people may “rub” the word “pain” to divert the matter from their mistake rather than simply accept it.[)][)][)]

Readers may enhance their knowledge (if they like [Wink]) to understand what the term "whistleblowing" is, at the following link;

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblower

Regards

Dear Toronto_Boy

Why dont you accept that world's economists have given premission to Unparrarrel so that latter can use work of former and take all credit.

I hope you will get my point. Once again you are wasting your time here. I visited this site today after long time and shocked to see some people are still there where they were two months ago.

Khalid
Dears

There are some other issues which are related with the statement that “I have permission to quote” copyrighted material by some organization. These are (1) Claim (2) Scope (3) Timing issue. It is non-comprehensive list of issues though.

(1) This statement itself is merely a claim till it is proved so.

(2) Moreover, what is the scope of such “permission”, to what extent this permission covers copyrighted material i.e. one specific article, two specific articles, ten specific articles, all published/ unpublished work of one specific author, or all work of all authors published by permission granting organization etc. etc. Therefore, as a standard practice and requirement of the Law, it is always suggested to disclose such permission with each replication of copyrighted material. I think, the professional accountants who know the importance of notes disclosure with financial statements would know better. Otherwise it would attract criticism just like in this case.

(3) Timing issue is the most important among three issues. It simply means when the permission was granted to copy/paste such article. There could be two situations which are (a) before the fact i.e. permission was granted before the article was copy/pasted, or (b) after the fact i.e. permission was granted after copy/pasting the article.

(a) If we assume that the permission was granted before the fact i.e. before copy/pasting, then it arises further questions which I have already pointed out in my previous post. For convenience of readers I repeat the whole para here again. I wrote, “Now, people may claim that they already had prior written permission, but were holding it. I would not wonder if they say so. Even it would not be amazing if someone would claim that he/she has permission to replicate all the copyrighted material available on whole internet. However, it is at-least very amazing to know that out of all pure economics literature available on all internet resources, some people were very smart that they already had prior written permission to copy/paste very specific pure economics article related to very specific discussion on this thread. Even a very naive student of accounting can calculate the probability of occurrence of such event, and can question about reasonability of such claim. <b>Perhaps someone already had some "ILHAM" about future events</b>.[)][)][)]”

(b) If the permission was granted after the fact i.e. after copy/pasting the article, then even there is no need to prove reasonability of my objection. It simply proves, when the article was copied/pasted, the poster did not have permission to replicate copyrighted material. So, it was an act of online piracy that was reasonably and correctly objected. There is no question about the correctness of objection in this case. Similarly, “conceiving ILHAM” was not needed for logical reasoning in this case. [)]

I hope my post would clear misconception (created by claim of permission) about the reasonability of objection of plagiarism. As I said earlier, these are weak attempts to divert readers’ attention from mistake rather than simply accept it. [)]

Regards
Why has this article become such a controversial issue? On the top of all that, you guys are pounding my head with such a difficult literary English.
KamranACA, dont take Toronto Boy's comments seriously. Toronto Boy look at you, you have just posted the whole copyright law literature.
Toronto Boy just objected to articles copied from other sources and suggested not to just simply discuss the copied articles rather just talk out of whatever knowledge we have on the subject matter.
In either case, I still don't blame KamranACA since his intention was just to give this discussion a feed back based on an expert's article, and Toronto boy simply didnt like the idea of copying/pasting but i must say he went to extra length to prove the ethics involved in copy/pasting articles which at such level of discussion like we had, is completely unnecessary and unasked for.
Anyway I request everybody to calm down so we can focus on our discussion rather than provoking conflicts.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mroneflower</i>
<br />Dear Toronto_Boy

You are wasting your time here especially with this particular poster.

Khalid

You are wasting your time here as well since you are unaware of the situation in the first place.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15