Accountancy Forum

Full Version: UAE - Market Situation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Dear Toronto_Boy

These Unparrarrel are expert in copy/paste and rata and that is what they have been doing on every thread of this forum. Try to understand their background.

Khalid
Dears,

It's nice to see that the things have been going on as per prediction.

Although I know some people have not learnt to accept the facts, although those facts are not by any means related to their rights and obligations, yet I offer any one to e-mail me and I will forward him the permission I got along with timing and everything. I believe even doing this will not affect the mentality of some ones who are here just to express the feeling they are carrying since the very first discussion with me.

The permission specifically stated that I may quote anything out of that very article on any professional forum. I wonder why the objecting "ethically sound" person feels that he is the only one who can predict the things and point out the legal aspects.

If it is still undigested, why our "ethically sound" wise brother does not opt to make a direct communication?

Regards,

KAMRAN.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I visited this site today after long time and shocked to see some people are still there where they were two months ago.

Khalid
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It means the poster has taken a great deal of lead and has gone far ahead.

Hilarious effort. Keep it up. I know why he was not here for two months. However, it's not my headache.

Regards,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

You are wasting your time here as well since you are unaware of the situation in the first place.

CFANerd,

Don't mind him, he provides background music to various scenes and he is deemedly aware of everything happening anywhere at the globe.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Dear CFANerd

Please feel no offence. I just wanna clarify some points here.

Article itself is not a controversial issue. The WAY is controversial. It simply means how the article was presented is controversial. Or in other words, copy/pasting 100% whole article (not excerpts) without disclosing prior written permission was not appropriate way.

I have not posted whole copyright law literature, but these are only some of the explanations. Nothing is copy/pasted from anywhere.

You wrote, “Toronto Boy just objected to articles copied from other sources and suggested not to just simply discuss the copied articles rather just talk out of whatever knowledge we have on the subject matter.”

NO, I am not saying this. I have no problem in using other sources during discussion. Forum members may use as many sources as they want. Similarly, I am NOT saying just talk out of whatever knowledge we have. No one can claim that he/she has perfect knowledge, including myself. However, in my view, simply copy/pasting whole of someone else’s ideas may not be appropriate WAY of discussion WITHOUT SAYING IN WORDS. I give an example to clarify this point.

Example Assume there are two persons discussing an economic situation. After some discussion, first person rather than saying something in his own words simply forwards whole article to second person. So, the second person would say, if I am talking to you, then you should tell me what you think about these ideas written in this article, or you think I myself should deduce your ideas by reading the article you just presented without saying any word about it. You may say those ideas in your own words based on this article and can present this article in proper WAY as basis of your ideas. Otherwise, if you cannot present ideas developed in article in your own words then what is the benefit of talking to you. Perhaps it would be more better to talk to the writer of the article directly rather than you, in that case if you cannot present ideas in your own words.

By the way, this is only an IMAGINARY EXAMPLE. Use of words “I” and “you” are simply for dialogues between two IMAGINARY persons discussing an economic situation. “I” stands for second person and “you” stands for first person. So, please don’t take the word “you” personally as CFANerd, and please don’t feel offence after reading word “you” in above para.

I had no intention to go at any extra length on copy/pasting issue. I was simply answering to weak questions like “why do I have pain”, “why I am poking nose”, and “did I conceive ILHAMS” etc. etc. If you go to all my previous posts, I wrote time and again that I wanna avoid conflict here. But in return, even after “economic tank dragging”, I got many other words like “poking nose”, “pain”, “idiotic”, “over-smart” and now "undigested" etc. etc. So, what you were expecting from me to do in reply?

I do appreciate your suggestion to avoid provoking conflicts. It mainly depends upon members, what kind of words they use in response of resonable questions.

I hope, you would not take anything personally in this post, and would not feel offence.

Best Regards
Dear Readers

There is nothing much important in one of above posts that I should respond specifically, though it was another attempt to distort facts. However, I would like to write few words.

When I was quite young, I learnt about a saying that I would like to share with readers. It was, “As you sow, so shall you reap”. So, perhaps “predictions” about “reaping” may be correct. [)]

Similarly, just to correct this unsubstantiated accusation and to place on record, I carry no personal feelings against anyone on this forum. Even I don’t remember when I had “first discussion” with ANY member on this forum. However, I take each post on its own merit. Even on this thread, I appreciated efforts for calmness, and said I don’t wanna increase friction. At the same time no-one would like words like “pain”, “idiotic”, and “over-smart” etc. etc. Therefore, whenever someone tried to create confusion about reasonability of objection about plagiarism or used low category words, I simply responded accordingly with reason. It was on merit of each individual post, and not based on any past discussion experience. In-fact, even referencing and carrying this impression about very first discussion, itself proves malign intent of the writer. At-least, I reserve the right to refer this intent and referencing, in future, if it requires. Even having “ILHAM” about “mentality” could be reflective of such malign intent.

Presence of issues raised about claim of “permission to copy/paste” in previous posts, and several other related issues like authenticity of e-mail etc. are enough for me to discard even consideration of "option" of any “direct communication”. Moreover, I don't wanna comment on our "mistakes proofed" wise brother's situation, if logical reasons have caused "digestion" problem.[)]

Regards
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mroneflower</i>
<br />Dear Toronto_Boy

These Unparrarrel are expert in copy/paste and rata and that is what they have been doing on every thread of this forum. Try to understand their background.

Khalid
Mr. Moronflower, i hate to engage myself and lower myself with a member like you. You bring the proof of my or other members' ideas copied and i would gladly shed some light on it. Whoever posts it here quotes the original author. If you want to engage in debate, direct it to particular member. I would suggest you to stay the hell out of it.
Adios
Dear Toronto Bhai!
Sorry if I sounded any rude. I didnt mean any offence either.
Like I said in my previous post, I completely agree with what you are trying to get across other members and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
I didnt mean to say you "copied/pasted" article from copyright law, i was just saying that in a light sense that you wrote TOO MUCH about the copyright law in your previous post. [o)] I didnt mean it in its real sense.
I also know you in your example weren't referring to any one of us, including me Kamran or anybody.
I also didnt mean by going extra length to "what you discussed in your post Mar 27 2009 072236 AM. I was simply referring to your earlier posts immidiately after Kamran's Dr. Kurts article. I was simply stating what I inferred from your objection on simply "copy/pasting". There is nothing more to it. I was trying to present your objection in a nutshell. Again I might have misunderstood what you actually intended to say.
I would request other members to just nip it. If i had posted some copy/pasted article and someone had objected to me, i would just ignore it since I would know what my real intentions were in posting the article.
Kamran Bhai yar you chill out too. You didnt need to ask for permission from Dr. Kurts org. specifically.
I posted a video regarding credit crisis as well, which also falls in the same category as posting Dr. Kurts article. You can direct all the heat towards my post so that we can forget about Dr. Kurts article. [)]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CFANerd</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mroneflower</i>
<br />Dear Toronto_Boy

Khalid
Mr. Moronflower, i hate to engage myself and lower myself with a member like you. You bring the proof of my or other members' ideas copied and i would gladly shed some light on it. Whoever posts it here quotes the original author. If you want to engage in debate, direct it to particular member. I would suggest you to stay the hell out of it.
Adios

Dear CFANerd

Aik to bhai aap garam buhat jaldi ho jatay ho. Holay mayray bhai holay. Make sure you read Punjabi’s holay (i.e. aahista), and not Spanish “Hola”.[)] I am quite sure he did not direct above post toward you. Believe me. Further, he was addressing me, and not to you. There is a little history behind above post. You may see posts during December 2008 to mid Feb., 09 on this forum. Or for more convenience, following are links which can help you understand the background and what he is referring to;

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6353&whichpage=7

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6369&whichpage=1

I hope it helps. Just my 2 cents...[)]

Best Regards
Holay holay...yeah punjabi sholay...[)]
nahin yar I am a bit hyper. Sorry again if i misunderstood this poor fella. I need to work on my English. The way he posted it, it seemed like he was pointing finger at me as well. I apologize if i failed to understand the history behind it.
I dont see Kamran dada, hope is doing fine.
Dear CFANerd

You are like typical Americans.[D] Don't take it as offence OK. Or may be it is. Who knows...[8D]

Now, I each time write "don't feel offence" while addressing to you.[)]

Regards

Dears,

If some body, even after getting required clarification, carries doubt, then what it should be called? "Undigested" does not refer here to stomach's disability, I guess.

Lame allegations just to distort the facts and disgracing some one at personal level shows the level of ethics that are being preached. The only way is to confirm directly from Dr. Kurt's organization, the only one which should be affected for copying Dr. Kurt's material. Although doing so would be another un-ethical effort, but I guess avoidance of doing so is not on account of such worries.

The words "pain", "undigested", "ethically sound", "wise", as well as "idiotic" got some linkage with specific actions and words. If there is a need to clarify, I am ready to post a long message. At the moment I am avoiding it so that it may not make it offensive.

The person who, merely on the basis of difference of opinion, however severe it is, says that he will never be going to respond the other, should be reminded about his words. However, if there is some memory loss I can refer to the said thread "Canadian Immigration and ACCA, CIMA, CFA or CMA", post dated September 20, 2008, timing 074154 P.M.

The one who writes in his post that a single post cannot be treated and deemed all inclusive, appears illogical to state at other place, that why an article was pasted and no personal views were included in the similar post. He should have waited and then commented instead of maligning the whole thread that has been done here.

CFANerd,

There is no question to ask for permission. It is already in place. Simply some fellows cannot get hold this idea. I don't say it is beyond the level of understanding. However, it reflects which, if mentioned, would be taken offensive.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Dear Toronto_Boy

These ppl first lie about PERMISSION and then try to persuade ppl that they never lie.

Khalid
Dear All,

We read the comments and replies from every party and I requested to move forward with open hearts.

I think we should move on towards the topic. As we have witnessed lot of happenings in last few days.

Summary of Events

Weather is changed dramatically and lot of rains with hailstones. ( It is very unique for UAE). ( If anyone require permission/support/evidence/etc etc . check with Rabia , she has some in her refrigerator)

Dubai Land revenue increases with compare to the same period in 2007.
Transactions in Dubai have doubled over the last month to $500m up from $250m.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15