Accountancy Forum

Full Version: privatization of Habib bank........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what do u think that it would be profitable for govt. to privatize habib bank?

yo
its clear that the Gov. will be suffering loss as Habab BAnk only was gaining 18%-19% of the total investment in the banking sector.
See privatization is jus like corruption.So its a big risk to privatize revenue generating factors.

sagZ
hi;
yar i think govt. is not taking intrest in gaining money by managing these banks or companies like pso & others. govt. just want private sector to manage all these co.s and increase business in private sector to let govt. earn some revenue.... and i could also booost forieng investment.

aliz
Somethings are more than just profits and losses.

The privatization of HBL will improve the overall governance and will create a sense of emancipation in the private sector. Privatizing big time companies also creates a positive image of the country in the eyes of the foreign investor. I guess that the government is ready to absorb short-term losses suffered through privatization of HBL and instead is hoping to reap its long-term benefits to the economy.

The privatization of HBL will improve the overall governance and will create a sense of emancipation in the private sector. Privatizing big time companies also creates a positive image of the country in the eyes of the foreign investor. I guess that the government is ready to absorb short-term losses suffered through privatization of HBL and instead is hoping to reap its long-term benefits to the economy.

Agreed.
But my friend the whole bidding process was handled in such a hurry was surprising.
The offer of AKED was perhaps a little more than the counter party and it was surprising that govt. closed the deal when the lawyer of the counter-bidder (i m forgetting the name -a middle east company) told the press that they were ready to participate in second round for a better price.

... anyway MCB is a good example of improved services after privatisation. I hope it happens with HBL as well. (I am still confused as to the total price of the sale....its so low!!!!! )LOL