Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Have a Little Break
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There are too many issues with people over here. Can we start something unrelated to your problems? Something FUN or more interesting?
You posted in the wrong category, CFANerd.
Topic moved to 'General Discussion'.
For Example
we are waiting for the fun.....
My job was to start the thread now its up to you guys to bring it to life. Consider it a shared effort
AIG distributes bonus to its employees from bail-out money. I think it is a prize money to the workers who showed much dedication to bring the company in this position.

Normally associated with third world countries that funds are misappropriated, but west is also not so far.
it did be more interesting if you could explain this in detail.
WASHINGTON - American International Group has paid its executives tens of millions of dollars in new bonuses even though it received a taxpayer bailout of more than $170 billion dollars.

On Saturday, a busload of activists representing working- and middle-class families paid visits to the lavish homes of AIG executives in Connecticut to protest the bonuses awarded by the struggling insurance company.

About 40 protesters sought to urge AIG executives who received a portion of the $165 million in bonuses to do more to help families.

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama declared Monday that insurance giant American International Group is in financial straits because of "recklessness and greed" and said he intends to stop it from paying out millions in executive bonuses.

"How do they justify this outrage to the taxpayers who are keeping the company afloat," the president said.

Current development " American International Group Inc. employees have agreed to return about $50 million of the $165 million in bonuses awarded earlier this month by the insurer, Cuomo's office said Monday."
AIG is too big to fail and too expensive to sustain i guess. Most of the money granted to these big companies was mishandled. Govt itself doesn't know where the funds are being allocated. Now after the news leak about bonuses, people are angry. Afterall it is the tax payers' money that is being used to save these giants.
There were other news about mishandling of govt granted funds before these bonuses which weren't take so seriously.
I dont think there ll be much done to stop it. It is always noise and then slowly things become quiet and go behind the scene.
Though we should be aware of current affairs in the Financial world, but it is just a temporary commotion. You wont even see these news in the news after few days.

Which ones of you follow which news media?
i watched this AIG thing on Bloomberg channel yesterday. they were showing it live from Capitol Hill. but still, have understood very little.

Dubai/Al Ain Dubai and adjoining emirates were lashed by heavy rain with hail stones late Wednesday and Thursday morning.It is one of the rare occasion in the history of UAE.

Snowfalls in deserts , world ecological system is changing.

http//archive.gulfnews.com/nation/Environment/10298193.html
yes it hailed at 230 am , i even collected the hail stones. my yard looked so beautiful covered in the white hail stones. i wish they never melted. i think it has hailed after 1o yrs.
If you just put salt on it , their life will increase.

they are already in the freezer, and i have sprinkled salt on them too.
Pages: 1 2 3